users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Migawari: ichi
Migawari: ichi
 Cerberus.Nexxus
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-01-20 20:55:58  
i'm in full time with the AFv3+2 body and it's always wear after the first proc.
 Bismarck.Sesshomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sesshomaru 2011-01-26 17:59:06  
Leviathan.Draugo said:
Wiki has it listed that the +1 will negate an attack that does 85% and +2 will negate an attack that does 75%

Nothing mentioned about if the body will need to be full time, on before/during/near end of casting, or on while the attack goes off. Would be nice if you just had to have it on while casting the spell at some point.

Tangent, for the iga feet to help utsusemi does it need to be on before you start casting like fast cast, or just swap them in just before casting finishes like haste?

I'm quite curious to the answer to this as well, has anyone tested and figured it out yet?
 Asura.Macone
サーバ: Asura
user: Macten
By Asura.Macone 2011-01-28 20:40:02  
Has anyone seen or done testing with Throat Stab like moves while wearing the AFv3+2 Body? So far the few mob types I have fought that uses one of these Migawari has not kicked in.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-28 21:00:47  
Asura.Macone said:
Has anyone seen or done testing with Throat Stab like moves while wearing the AFv3+2 Body? So far the few mob types I have fought that uses one of these Migawari has not kicked in.

As far as I can tell, the body only has to be on during the cast. In regards to things that do throatstabby nature here's my findings so far:

Cirein-croin's Deathgnash (sets hp to 1) > spell wore upon Proc / 0 dmg / hate was still reset. Gnash not applicable since this only did 50%

Hedjedjet / Shaula > w/out body on cast: Hell Scissors still did damage b/c it did not exceed % threshhold. w/body > spell wore on proc 0 dmg. Death scissors : both exceeded HP threshold > spell wears on proc.

Indrink > scintil lance > once the dmg output exceeds % threshold 0 dmg. / spell wear on proc.

So me not being too picky and hating all the gear swap crap, if you know something is going to flatten your ***, put on your ningi and keep your wood up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-28 21:19:09  
Asura.Echandra said:
keep your wood up.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-01-29 09:37:14  
Asura.Echandra said:
if you know something is going to flatten your ***, put on your ningi and keep your wood up.

Days like this, I wish this forum had a sig feature.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-01-29 20:18:11  
Does it last longer too when casting in the body? Just got the spell yesterday and the damn thing does not stay on long. Any way to get this time up, maybe ninjutsu skill stacked on where you don't have haste and fast cast?
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-02-02 12:14:29  
Ok, tried Migawari on Indrik, i know how he work, he can deal from 1500 to 7000+ damage with his lance, that let me say Migawari doesnt annule damage that should kill you.

It absorb a large amount of damage that deal 0 dmg on you, but it doesnt annul totally an attack that was going to kill you, as i got killed under migawari effect.

SO my guess about AF+1/2 body, it's extend the quantity of damage absorbed.

If someone else can try it on a mob that deal more than 5k damage (like a cactuar), would be nice to know if i'm right.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-02 12:17:44  
Cerberus.Nexxus said:
Ok, tried Migawari on Indrik, i know how he work, he can deal from 1500 to 7000+ damage with his lance, that let me say Migawari doesnt annule damage that should kill you.

It absorb a large amount of damage that deal 0 dmg on you, but it doesnt annul totally an attack that was going to kill you, as i got killed under migawari effect.

SO my guess about AF+1/2 body, it's extend the quantity of damage absorbed.

If someone else can try it on a mob that deal more than 5k damage (like a cactuar), would be nice to know if i'm right.

The spell absorb dmg that does more than your full HP, not current HP.
And as NIN/DNC can solo this mob, I'm pretty sure that's how it works :P
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-02-02 12:50:46  
Quote:
The spell absorb dmg that does more than your full HP, not current HP.

What i'm saying here, there's a floor. it's absorb between you're HP(full) and the double or triple of your HP (full). if it goes more than that, migawari will not take effect.

Quote:
And as NIN/DNC can solo this mob, I'm pretty sure that's how it works :P

Yes, it doesnt do often 7k+ damage.

I will try on the cactuar that does 64k needle see if i'm right and tell you then.

サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-02 13:03:25  
Cactrot Rapido does 10,000 DMG. The spell's absorbed it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-02-02 13:18:41  
Ok, so migawari have a chance of not proc'ing, i dont know how, but i'm pretty sure i got killed (scintillent lance) with migawari up) and didn't got any hit after his tpmove.
 Diabolos.Megatron
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-02-02 13:24:47  
ive died while inder the effect of migawari. but it was due to hitting mobs that have the spike effects and i get double triple attack procs. full to dead like a 1 shot. nothign lieke chewing thro a mob like a chainsaw. until your kill yourself becasue of somehtign like that
 Alexander.Haptic
サーバ: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2011-02-02 13:29:47  
Cerberus.Nexxus said:
Ok, so migawari have a chance of not proc'ing, i dont know how, but i'm pretty sure i got killed (scintillent lance) with migawari up) and didn't got any hit after his tpmove.
Could have happened that it wore off as you got hit? >.>

Also it does not work with doom does it? Do I hav to have it on before I get hit by doom? I have gotten hit by doom 2 times bot times I casted mid countdown and still died. Does this work with death?
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-02-02 13:32:47  
It wont stop doom because its not damage, just death
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-02-02 14:32:38  
No i was still having 4 shadow up while he used lance and it goes threw shadow and dont wipe them so i didn't get any hit, and Indrik doesnt have any spike.
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-02 15:05:47  
Cerberus.Nexxus said:
No i was still having 4 shadow up while he used lance and it goes threw shadow and dont wipe them so i didn't get any hit, and Indrik doesnt have any spike.

It's only 1 minute duration, it's possible it wore literally a second before the move struck you.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-02-02 15:48:35  
Neither that, it's wear off at 30s cooldown i was at 50s. (1min30 recast, for 1min duration)
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-02-03 10:57:17  
well since it only happend to you that one time? or has it happend multipal times? if it happend once. possible problem could of jsut been a glitch. or a huge lag spike and you almost dced and then poof the server snaps back and you fall over dead.i once had a lag spike hit but i noticed it. and i randomlly hit ja's till i dc or come back( for me it seems to help prevent me from dcing. i hit my 2h then 3 other abilities. server snaps back . i go on as normal and 30 sec later i bezerk, warcry, agresser and explode. while just standing there chatting.... i thosught peope were going to die laughing on skype
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-03 11:09:01  
Just curious when solo'ing Indrik. How do you know when to put migawari up? and how often do you get unlucky and your timer isn't ready to recast it before he one shots you?
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-02-03 13:46:00  
pre cast before fight. jacked out evasion. and pray for AoA To procs alot lol. and when in doubt run liek a girl till the timers up. kite kite kite kite ktie kite kite , cast ....
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-02-03 14:47:20  
Quote:
Just curious when solo'ing Indrik. How do you know when to put migawari up? and how often do you get unlucky and your timer isn't ready to recast it before he one shots you?

I Meleeing only when migawari is up and i turn back when it is about to wear of.

When i dont hit he doesnt get tp to TPmove so i'm safe as long as he didnt touche me. (i'm doing nothing while migawari is off), once migawari is up i cast it and then i melee. if use a TPmove that put off migawari i can melee 20s~ and he'll not going to tpmove (subtle blow ++). I keep also Myoshin, landing Kurayami when he is not missing me much. I just never hit it if migawari not up, i avoid all tpmove like that.

Migawari (for me) is 1min30s recast. it stay up for 1min. i turn my back when recast is at 37s (so i'm sure dual wield/double/triple attack wont keep hiting when migawari wear off).

You need a good focus, have to keep an eyes on your shadow/recast/hp/not aggroing around, keep an eyes on time, he can rage if you're slow.

When AoA proc, i hit for 10~20s then i turn back. so i'm not in trouble.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-02-09 08:02:57  
i tried a duo against Cuijatender not to long ago, had magiwari up when it used ??? needles and it done 64k dmg to a friend and 0dmg to me several times in a row it done 0 dmg to me this is with and without Iga Ningi +2. never won but imo a fair test to put magiwari through.

also on the same day, duo'd Hedjedjet, majiwari (with Ningi +2)negates dmg from Hell Scissors and sometimes from Death Scissors
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2011-02-14 06:11:29  
Not to derail this thread but how do you solo kill this before rage? I was fighting it last night with my LS and I kept missing alot. Ended up just having my melee get tp, run in and tp it and run out. Just seems like it would take a really long time to kill it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-14 07:26:51  
If you use Atma of Cloak and Dagger you get a nice evasion boost along with some extra accuracy. Worth considering.
 Alexander.Haptic
サーバ: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2011-02-14 10:27:49  
Quick question... Does this neglects Sobek tp moves that inflicts death? >.>
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-02-15 02:06:26  
No it doesn't.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-02-15 02:30:53  
It work only for Damage move, everything that not damaging you (death/tyrant tusk/etc...) will kill you.