users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Snapshot
Snapshot
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-23 11:43:41  
hello, I'm really trying to hone in my ranger skills, and learn how to play the job at it's potential. My question is with Snapshot. I don't have any merits in it yet, but just got Siege Bow last night. So how does it work? I read that it is like haste, but for weapon delay if you are swinging daggers it is pretty much automatic. When you are shooting a bow, you have to trigger your shot. So is there a macro or "best practice" way of maximizing your snap shot so that you are getting the maximum -delay bonus from it?

Also if anyone has time to look at my gear and make any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Right now I'm working on getting Seiryu hands or crimson hands, and Scout's socks.
By phawk23 2010-11-23 11:54:07  
Zha'Go's Barbut, Mirke Wadecor Ratt+10 Snapshot+, Praeda Set, Libbecio Mantle,Teutates Subligar if no Hachiryu Haidate some other things but I cannot think of right now
edit: Look into those items they arent hard to get and will be a improvement on your RNG
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-23 11:58:31  
phawk23 said:
Zha'Go's Barbut, Mirke Wadecor Ratt+10 Snapshot+, Praeda Set, Libbecio Mantle,Teutates Subligar if no Hachiryu Haidate some other things but I cannot think of right now edit: Look into those items they arent hard to get and will be a improvement on your RNG

You would go with those leg pieces over AF3 +1?
By phawk23 2010-11-23 12:08:57  
for WS pretty much + they look awesome
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-11-23 12:11:47  
Also keep in mind that things like Snapshot are calculated the moment you begin the shot. You can get Mirke Wardecors with Snapshot on it to start off the shot, then swap out to another body that may benefit more (Loki's kaftan comes to mind) gaining the benefit of both bodies. I actually plan to do this myself once I can re-augment Mirke for my RNG. As for TP phase, its best to stick to AF3+1/2legs for RNG, unless you're really looking to maximize Snapshot as much as possible.

On a side note; Zha'Go's Barbut can be a bit more difficult to get than the others considering the time and effort needed to get to the fight. AF3+1/2 head is on par, if not better than it. (Wiki has no info regarding the Snapshot and Double Shot enhancements yet, though I would assume it at least matches Zha'Go's assumed Snapshot+3.)
By phawk23 2010-11-23 12:16:54  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Also keep in mind that things like Snapshot are calculated the moment you begin the shot. You can get Mirke Wardecors with Snapshot on it to start off the shot, then swap out to another body that may benefit more (Loki's kaftan comes to mind) gaining the benefit of both bodies. I actually plan to do this myself once I can re-augment Mirke for my RNG. As for TP phase, its best to stick to AF3+1/2legs for RNG, unless you're really looking to maximize Snapshot as much as possible.

On a side note; Zha'Go's Barbut can be a bit more difficult to get than the others considering the time and effort needed to get to the fight. AF3+1/2 head is on par, if not better than it. (Wiki has no info regarding the Snapshot and Double Shot enhancements yet, though I would assume it at least matches Zha'Go's assumed Snapshot+3.)
Pretty much this but I was giving some easier options...
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-23 12:25:30  
so for a snapshot ra macro I would so something like this?

/equip body "mirke wardecors"
/ra <t>
/equip body "kirin's osode"

??
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-23 12:27:17  
You'd need a /wait after the /ra command
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-11-23 12:28:54  
AF3+1 is easier to get than zha'go's barbut. Also, you may want to go for a 5-hit build (20 tp/shot) with siege bow and /sam.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-23 12:44:45  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
AF3+1 is easier to get than zha'go's barbut. Also, you may want to go for a 5-hit build (20 tp/shot) with siege bow and /sam.

hmmm. sam is at 35, would only be 15 more levels. Is /sam leaps and bounds better than /nin?
By phawk23 2010-11-23 12:57:00  
Honestly I wouldn't use /nin on Rng unless I'm fighting Chukwa lol other than that /sam or /war onry.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-11-23 12:57:33  
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

hmmm. sam is at 35, would only be 15 more levels. Is /sam leaps and bounds better than /nin?

Does NIN Sub give you Hasso/Seigen/Thirdeye/Meditate/Store TP/Sekka?

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Gravionblack 2010-12-24 11:33:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

If you are not alone and want to increase the amount you can ws, and gain TP you want to /sam, alone however stick with /nin.