Razed Ruins For BLU?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Razed Ruins for BLU?
Razed Ruins for BLU?
 Lakshmi.Tir
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Shinji
By Lakshmi.Tir 2010-11-15 21:12:34  
I'm just wondering if Razed Ruins's Crit hit/DMG+ affects the Physical spells.
By Serj 2010-11-15 21:13:54  
Irrelevant post, but..

Hello, Tir McDohl. I love suikoden =S, do carry on. I have no idea, personally.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-11-15 21:15:26  
I would imagine it does, though none of the spells we use can crit on their own. gotta force it with SA. And as far as i understand, the spells that can crit can only crit under CA, but not too sure about that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-15 21:17:37  
They do, but not really relevant unless /THF and there's not much reason to /THF in Abyssea.
 Lakshmi.Tir
By Lakshmi.Tir 2010-11-15 21:54:16  
Alright thanks, was bugging me for a bit.

@Serj. S1,2&3 All the way.
[+]
By Serj 2010-11-15 21:57:32  
Lakshmi.Tir said:

Haven't gotten around to 3 yet, but 1 & 2 were amazing. 2 being one of the best rpgs I've played.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-15 22:09:08  
Serj said:
Lakshmi.Tir said:

Haven't gotten around to 3 yet, but 1 & 2 were amazing. 2 being one of the best rpgs I've played.

I liked 3.

I got bored with 4 =/
 Lakshmi.Tir
By Lakshmi.Tir 2010-11-15 22:12:24  
3 Starts off slow, but it's still pretty good. I have no interest for the others.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-15 22:14:46  
But WS + CA > spell + skillchain bonus, you can deal probably a lot more dmg than only CA spell or CA + efflux spell, unless you are kiting...

Without atma my Vorpal Blade do more than 1k dmg, Savage blade can go more than 700 sometimes, if you find a good skillchain with Vorpal you can deal massive amount of damage (as for blm that MB behind too).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-15 22:15:47  
Cerberus.Nexxus said:
But WS + CA > spell + skillchain bonus, you can deal probably a lot more dmg than only CA spell or CA + efflux spell, unless you are kiting...
Huh?

EDIT: Savage Blade/QC > anything Vorpal does these days, assuming it can even skillchain with current spells... Also, you cast more than once every two minutes.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-15 22:19:00  
Got a friend always told me he never WS when he got tp, he does more dmg with CA + spell (w/o ws).

But with sub /war (by exemple), i deal 500~ less dmg with CA + spell but i get them back 2x more with Vorpal Blade, cant imagine with atma RR / VV or both.

if you set skillchain bonus job trait, you find a sc with vorpal blade and a nice spell, and damage could be high.

Savage blade can go high also with a proper gear setup.

edit: for vorpal i'm talking about random exp pty where everyone break your skillchain...
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-11-15 22:45:44  
Not if it's bitter.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-11-15 23:05:11  
The only spells that can crit on their own is the ones that say "Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP." Such as Sickle Slash and some others. Now Razed Ruins works tremendously well with /THF because of the Crit DMG bonus. SA forces any physical spell to crit regardless if it can or not without SA.

Basically you want to use Razed Ruins solely with /THF in Abyssea or you can just use it if you like the DEX+50 that comes with it.
The reason for Razed Ruins being so good for /THF is lets say you want to SATACAEFF something (Sneak Attack, Trick Attack, Chain Affinity, Effusion, Fantod) the straight crit bonus from Razed Ruins is 30% extra DMG to every spell that can crit or that is used with SA.

So lets say your gonna use Vanity Dive. With 100TP stored up from swinging. 100 TP goes into the spell damage calculation from CA, 100 TP from Effusion so your at a 200DMG bonus so far, Fantod gives around 25 I believe after 10 casts, 30% DMG+ from Razed Ruins and the bonus's from both SA and TA. You'll pump out some big numbers.
Which is why people LOVE Razed Ruins.

Hope that helped and wasn't too long hehe.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-15 23:35:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy said:
The only spells that can crit on their own is the ones that say "Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP." Such as Sickle Slash and some others. Now Razed Ruins works tremendously well with /THF because of the Crit DMG bonus. SA forces any physical spell to crit regardless if it can or not without SA.

Basically you want to use Razed Ruins solely with /THF in Abyssea or you can just use it if you like the DEX+50 that comes with it.
The reason for Razed Ruins being so good for /THF is lets say you want to SATACAEFF something (Sneak Attack, Trick Attack, Chain Affinity, Effusion, Fantod) the straight crit bonus from Razed Ruins is 30% extra DMG to every spell that can crit or that is used with SA.

So lets say your gonna use Vanity Dive. With 100TP stored up from swinging. 100 TP goes into the spell damage calculation from CA, 100 TP from Effusion so your at a 200DMG bonus so far, Fantod gives around 25 I believe after 10 casts, 30% DMG+ from Razed Ruins and the bonus's from both SA and TA. You'll pump out some big numbers.
Which is why people LOVE Razed Ruins.

Hope that helped and wasn't too long hehe.

I think he meant EFFLUX, but ya his point basically stands..thats what RR is used for with blu... basically /thf only... or vorpal blades...dmg goes through the roof with RR atma
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-11-16 00:42:37  
Atma of the Voracious Violet, in my experience, thrashes Razed Ruin in everything except sword DoT. Why would you want sword DoT though?
 Lakshmi.Tir
By Lakshmi.Tir 2010-11-17 02:46:07  
Yes! it is extremely useful information! I haven't had much time at all to test atmas out, and honestly I wouldn't want to experiment with something at others' expense. If anyone else can input, it'd be greatly appreciated. Atmas I've got access to that that might matter, I suppose.

Razed ruins
Stout Arm
Voracious Violent
Harvester
Baying Moon?
Heavens?(Ovni)
...of the Beyond?
Minikin Monstrosity.

I'm having a hard time justifying giving up the Refresh Atma though, am I on the right train of thought?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-17 03:18:43  
I've been told from multiple good BLUs that MM + RR is the best combo, but I guess MM + VV is nice if you dont melee at all? Idk for sure tho =/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-17 03:33:39  
The vast majority of your DPS is spells these days, should be MM + VV unless you're shitting refresh from buffs... If so, I'd consider VV + SA or possibly VV + RR (definitely the latter with Almace, not sure otherwise).
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-17 03:59:48  
Is it safe to assume we will be getting another Lunar Abyssite soon probrably with heroes coming out?

Hopefully we will be able to Rock all 3, RR + VV + MM would be so damn hot X:

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-17 04:04:50  
I'd assume so, yeah. Hoping for some kind of Refresh/STR hybrid atma with major or superior potency in both, would be nice :x
[+]