Thinks His S**T Dont Stink!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Thinks his S**T dont stink!
Thinks his S**T dont stink!
First Page 2
 Sylph.Cohan
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-11-15 00:43:04  
I have ran across this LOLmnk twice in two days, Sulmorko.
We were doing Pascerpot NM for the feet seals.
He kept bitching to dispel even when the mob didnt have it def boost up. Of course i would,but after i got done casting what i was.
Then when we all wipe, he blames me for not dispelling and continues to tell me to learn my job.
Even the other mnk in our pt told him to use Howling Fist to negate the def boost.
What i find funny is, had all the great gear at 75 and was being out parsed by a mnk in the pink gear lol.

tldr;
I was doing my job and this mnk was still bitching.
Sorry about this i just had to vent.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-15 00:47:49  
k
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-15 00:51:13  
how'd you wipe?
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-15 00:56:39  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
how'd you wipe?
Apparently not as well as the monk because.. oh wait nevermind, you mean full party death.. carry on.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-15 01:01:57  

I guess someone didn't do their job since they wiped :P
I wonder if this post would have been made if they hadn't wiped?
Guess people can't deal with criticism, regardless if the criticism is unfounded or not.

Still wiped though, sorry for your loss OP, hope this showed him!
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-11-15 01:06:31  
Yes we did wipe, but thats not the point.

He was throwing all the blame onto my shoulders.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-15 01:07:57  
Sylph.Cohan said:

do you know who he should have blamed?
since he feels someone needs to be blamed and you guys wiped :/
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-11-15 01:12:19  
Sylph.Cohan said:

You were a healer?
If so, IT WAS YOUR FAULT!
I'm joking but every healer has had to eat ***
and deal with a bitchfest when their DDs have no survival skills.
That's just a blanket statement mind you, Sul is good in my book lol.

[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-11-15 01:12:19  
No one is to be blamed.
It was a good setup.
The first fight we triggered it so the NM wouldnt cast.
The second time we didnt get the trigger and towards the end we wpied.

Everyone was doing their roles.
Its just this guy is a stubborned ***, that thinks blaming the mages is the reason why we failed.
By Serj 2010-11-15 01:14:20  
Sylph.Cohan said:
He kept bitching to dispel even when the mob didnt have it def boost up. Of course i would,but after i got done casting what i was.
Then when we all wipe, he blames me for not dispelling and continues to tell me to learn my job.
Even the other mnk in our pt told him to use Howling Fist to negate the def boost.
What i find funny is, had all the great gear at 75 and was being out parsed by a mnk in the pink gear lol.

tldr;

Wat
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-15 01:19:20  
Sylph.Cohan said:
No one is to be blamed.
It was a good setup.

Its just this guy is a stubborned ***, that thinks blaming the mages is the reason why we failed.
how did you not get the trigger?

I'm not saying it's wrong to mess up...not in the least, but you should be able to blame someone or something at least rather than saying no one was to blame.
If no-one was to blame it's either one of two things:
SE's fault or, You didn't wipe and everyone is happy.
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-11-15 01:19:51  
Serj said:
Sylph.Cohan said:

tldr;

Wat
Well not negate but it does ignore some def.
By Serj 2010-11-15 01:23:02  
Sylph.Cohan said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Cohan said:

tldr;

Wat

Regardless, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to ws while it has cocoon up (at least on mnk).
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-11-15 01:25:08  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Sylph.Cohan said:
No one is to be blamed.
It was a good setup.

how did you not get the trigger?

I'm not saying it's wrong to mess up...not in the least, but you should be able to blame someone or something at least rather than saying no one was to blame.
If no-one was to blame it's either one of two things:
SE's fault or, You didn't wipe and everyone is happy.

All im saying is, Sul is just too damn stubborned to play this game. When everyone else was talking about the next pop and was laughing at the death, he just blatently said in pt chat, for me to "learn my job" and "it was YOUR fault we died Cohan".
I cant let that go. Like i said he put the death on my shoulders.

FYI, the pt set up was
MNK/NIN - Sul
MNK/NIN
NIN/WAR
RDM/SCH - Me
SCH/RDM
BLM/??? (was anon)
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-11-15 01:27:22  
Serj said:
Sylph.Cohan said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Cohan said:

tldr;

Wat

Regardless, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to ws while it has cocoon up (at least on mnk).

Yes but whenever Cocoon did pop, i was in the middle of casting another spell, be it Haste or Refresh II. He would say Dispel like 5 times till i casted Dispel. I was doing my job. I cant be casting every spell at the sametime. I was doing my job in a timely manner. He was the only person bitching.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-15 01:29:15  
so how did you not get the trigger again?
:P
i just am curious about it since that's something you've failed to answer to far.
regardless something is to blame....and since you are mad enough to make a thread about it you might as well be prepared for finger pointing to go somewhere :/

anywhoo.
night, and don't take things too seriously even if others try to make you :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-15 01:31:32  
Sylph.Cohan said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Cohan said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Cohan said:
I have ran across this LOLmnk twice in two days, Sulmorko. We were doing Pascerpot NM for the feet seals. He kept bitching to dispel even when the mob didnt have it def boost up. Of course i would,but after i got done casting what i was. Then when we all wipe, he blames me for not dispelling and continues to tell me to learn my job. Even the other mnk in our pt told him to use Howling Fist to negate the def boost. What i find funny is, had all the great gear at 75 and was being out parsed by a mnk in the pink gear lol. tldr; I was doing my job and this mnk was still bitching. Sorry about this i just had to vent.
Wat
Yes but whenever Cocoon did pop, i was in the middle of casting another spell, be it Haste or Refresh II. He would say Dispel like 5 times till i casted Dispel. I was doing my job. I cant be casting every spell at the sametime. I was doing my job in a timely manner. He was the only person bitching.
should not party with the guy again and blist him and find a better replacement
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-15 01:32:01  
Thanks OP for reaffirming my belief that everybody sucks except me~
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-11-15 01:32:41  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
so how did you not get the trigger again?
:P
i just am curious about it since that's something you've failed to answer to far.
regardless something is to blame....and since you are mad enough to make a thread about it you might as well be prepared for finger pointing to go somewhere :/

anywhoo.
night, and don't take things too seriously even if others try to make you :P

TBH i wasnt paying attention. I was more focusing on debuffing and curing. The blm got it on our first run, but couldnt get it done on the second. Im not going to blame the blm. He did his part great with stuns and everything else.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-15 02:02:32  
who was the BLM?
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-11-15 02:06:08  
Sylph.Cohan said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Cohan said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Cohan said:

tldr;

Wat

I find this very familar, as a mehWHM.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-11-15 02:57:48  
Sylph.Cohan said:

FYI, the pt set up was
MNK/NIN - Sul
MNK/NIN
NIN/WAR
RDM/SCH - Me
SCH/RDM
BLM/??? (was anon)

I'm sorry, but how on earth did you manage to wipe to Pascerpot with this? ; ;

Looks to me like there's only 1 person in the party that would need refresh, and the sch should have been able to dispel in a pinch too. Share the blame perhaps?
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-11-15 03:08:56  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Sylph.Cohan said:

FYI, the pt set up was
MNK/NIN - Sul
MNK/NIN
NIN/WAR
RDM/SCH - Me
SCH/RDM
BLM/??? (was anon)

I'm sorry, but how on earth did you manage to wipe to Pascerpot with this? ; ;

Looks to me like there's only 1 person in the party that would need refresh, and the sch should have been able to dispel in a pinch too. Share the blame perhaps?

The sch was dispeling whenever they saw me in the middle of casting.

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
who was the BLM?

Toony or something like that. But he, like I, was doing our jobs.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-11-15 04:10:54  
A lesson on abyssea NM triggers:

The debuffing effect of the trigger is only temporary, and is not the reason you want to trigger it. The fact that you triggered yellow !! in one fight and made it unable to cast spells for a few seconds shouldn't be the difference between winning and losing. Proccing a yellow !! makes more AF3 upgrade items drop.

If you are going to hunt for AF3 upgrade items, always bring along a BLM, BLU, WHM, BRD, and NIN, as these jobs are necessary to guarantee a proc on every NM (depending on what day you pop the NM).
 Bismarck.Helixx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-11-15 04:21:35  
It takes 80-90 sec to HP and return to any location inside abyssea. "Swiftshoe tonic" anyone? Unless Mages died 1st, or everyone died at the same time, there is no reason whatsoever for a wipe.

And whoever refuses to HP or has no Homepoint in Jeuno at this time, better get a rep for them before you even start the NM.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Halfpint 2010-11-15 15:53:21  
Not had a chance to do this NM yet. And am very glad i'm not on your server. Did you explain to him that dispel was not a DoT but a situational spell?. To spam dispel for no reason is a huge waste of mp.

Was the dispel resisted at all?? If it's resisted 3 times in a row it's a pretty safe bet it's gonna become completely resistant. If so it doesn't matter how often you cast dispel it's not going to land well. And even with a good 2 person dispel cycle the mob is still gonnna get a buff or 2 in.

Just don't sweat it... small minded players never take responsibility for their own screw ups. adn he sounds like he's about as small as you can get.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-15 16:02:29  
Halfpint said:
Not had a chance to do this NM yet. And am very glad i'm not on your server. Did you explain to him that dispel was not a DoT but a situational spell?. To spam dispel for no reason is a huge waste of mp.

Was the dispel resisted at all?? If it's resisted 3 times in a row it's a pretty safe bet it's gonna become completely resistant. If so it doesn't matter how often you cast dispel it's not going to land well. And even with a good 2 person dispel cycle the mob is still gonnna get a buff or 2 in.

Just don't sweat it... small minded players never take responsibility for their own screw ups. adn he sounds like he's about as small as you can get.

I thought OP was saying it wasn't anyone's fault :P
You sure you read the same thread?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-15 16:03:35  
With that setup, I draw two conclusions. 1) None of you fully understand how to proc yellow, and 2) None of you have atmas.

There's no way 6 people with atmas should die to this thing. He can be duo'd with two people with atmas.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-15 16:10:18  
i would of /blm to d2 him. thats super annoying when someones tells you how to play your job and you are doing it perfectly fine
First Page 2