users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Sylvan Bottillons +2
Sylvan Bottillons +2
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-09 15:34:50  
Was doing some preliminary testing last night while upgrading relic and the enhance unlimited shot effect allows for the next shot to hit as if it was shot from "sweet spot" range. In other words, you get the "pummeling" message no matter how far or close you are to the mob. The other thing I noticed was none of my shots ever missed when used with unlimited shot. It was a very small sample size however, so I can't say for sure if unlimited makes your next shot hit 100%. The mobs were easy prey so my accuracy was 95% anyway. I'll test more later, but for now I thought I'd offer this bit of info for any rangers wondering what it does. If it does make the next shot hit 100%, would be very nice for slug shot. The only issue is it messes up Double Shot recast so it's kind of meh in that regard. Definitely good for a zerg though or situations where you're not tping off the main NM.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-09 15:39:11  
Bismarck.Helel said:
The other thing I noticed was none of my shots ever missed when used with unlimited shot. It was a very small sample size however, so I can't say for sure if unlimited makes your next shot hit 100%. The mobs were easy prey so my accuracy was 95% anyway.

Pretty vague claim if you only used a small sample of easy prey mobs. Try higher level with no gear.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-09 15:49:50  
that would be so broken for slugs/sidewinders
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-09 15:51:04  
It's not a claim, hence why I said I can't say for sure and then proceeded to say it was a small sample size and that I would test later. Try reading next time.
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-09 15:57:02  
Rather than argue, try out your idea with a friend holding a harder mob - 100 winders on EM~T mobs should do it, or even 50 without any gear.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2010-11-09 16:02:37  
Here's a test for "100% hit rate". We know that when a mob moves out of range to distances of 25-30, r.acc quickly deteriorates. If what you say is true, just simply having 2 people will easily prove whether it is 100% hit rate.

1. Both people stay at 20 distance apart.(RNG + Friend). Pick a fast moving mob such as a Tiger. Have friend with flee.
2. RNG begins to shoot at 20 distance with unlimited shot + boots.
3. Other player runs away from RNG at flee speed.
4. If the arrow still hits at distance 35+, I think you can make a pretty good claim though I'm not too certain whether the distance penalty is calculated with your r.acc or if it's a calculation made at the end of r.acc calculations.

If it works though, you make a good claim. If it doesn't work, it still doesn't mean it's not true.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-09 16:05:31  
Bismarck.Helel said:
It's not a claim, hence why I said I can't say for sure and then proceeded to say it was a small sample size and that I would test later. Try reading next time.

Speculation then, whichever you prefer. Also, I wasn't attacking you or anything.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-11-09 16:06:55  
Bismarck.Keityan said:
Here's a test for "100% hit rate". We know that when a mob moves out of range to distances of 25-30, r.acc quickly deteriorates. If what you say is true, just simply having 2 people will easily prove whether it is 100% hit rate.

1. Both people stay at 20 distance apart.(RNG + Friend). Pick a fast moving mob such as a Tiger. Have friend with flee.
4. If the arrow still hits at distance 35+, I think you can make a pretty good claim though I'm not too certain whether the distance penalty is calculated with your r.acc or if it's a calculation made at the end of r.acc calculations.

If it works though, you make a good claim. If it doesn't work, it still doesn't mean it's not true.

This may not quite prove that it is a 100% shot. If the shot is automatically calculated as a pummeling range shot, it may ignore the fact that the mob is 25+ away and not include the racc penalty.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2010-11-09 16:31:32  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bismarck.Keityan said:

This may not quite prove that it is a 100% shot. If the shot is automatically calculated as a pummeling range shot, it may ignore the fact that the mob is 25+ away and not include the racc penalty.

I was more concerned with with the 100% accuracy quote than pummeling bonus. (can also probably try shooting a lurker with -r.acc and no gear!)-- not sure how evasive they are to RNG's at level 85 though. Find something evasive like bloodeye vileberry!?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-09 16:36:36  
Blind potions. Though I'd still doubt 100% cap, if anything it'd be 95%.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-09 16:38:45  
Yeah, I think shooting something naked that cons around even match would be the best test. I'll try tonight, busy on BLU atm.

Edit: yeah blind pots would be good.

Edit2: Tested with blinding potions, no accuracy bonus. Simply makes it so the next shot receives the bonus of a pummeling shot at any distance.

Edit3: Still have yet to miss without using blind potions... perhaps the blind effect is calculated after the possible acc boost from unlimited shot.