フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Medical Care in the States
Medical Care in the States
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-05 18:36:47  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yup, It's hard, but at least in my small town a huge shopping mall type thing is opening. That should create a few jobs at least.

Lol we have lawyers working at mcdonalds in our town. Even the crap jobs have so much competition :/

Lol that's kinda harsh, I'm entering law school myself in a year or so, I'm wondering if I'll actually have anything out of it, but I hope so.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-05 18:45:15  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yup, It's hard, but at least in my small town a huge shopping mall type thing is opening. That should create a few jobs at least.
Lol we have lawyers working at mcdonalds in our town. Even the crap jobs have so much competition :/
Lol that's kinda harsh, I'm entering law school myself in a year or so, I'm wondering if I'll actually have anything out of it, but I hope so.

I'm also entering in about a year. I'm not sure it's worth it though. I'm an A student; I'd say my average grades are 95% ish give or take a few. However, because lawschools are graded on a curve and there are a limited number of As it almost demands perfection. I've gotten 100%s here and there but I make mistakes just like everyone else. I read an article online that this kid got all 97%s in law school but only received a B because a few other students were able to get 98%s. Personally I doubt there is a HUGE difference between the two besides luck but your class ranking can really fk you over in finding a job. Combine that with $100,000 for law school and you have to seriously question if it's worth the money.
By DDestroyer 2010-11-05 19:11:49  
Why do i oppose this? Well my wife has a doctor bill where they had to put 2 plates into her ankle after she broke it, i didnt have insurrance then because i was living check to check with only $20-30 left out of each check...now that $20-30 goes to pay off this doctor bill, is this thing gonna pay that bill for me? Hell no its gonna try and make me pay for something I couldnt afford before the accident but will be required to pay for now on less pay and more bills because the economy atm sucks and i had to take a pay cut just to keep a job. So Obama can kiss the fatest part of my *** and toss a fine on me at the end of the year i bet my rent and lights get paid before the fine if i have to work like an illagl and get paid under the table :)
 Asura.Baroma
サーバ: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-11-05 20:40:52  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
50k are decent income
depends where you live.
yeah true
here 50k are great
not on the city area of here, but anywhere else sure.

50k is decent but no where near what the average family practitioner makes. 90-100k.

She gets so frustrated whenever people find out she is a Dr, oh then u must be living high on the hog!

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-05 21:19:09  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
50k are decent income
depends where you live.
yeah true
here 50k are great
not on the city area of here, but anywhere else sure.

It's kinda funny how 50k where I am right now would barely be enough to survive.

20 minutes away is a god damn awesome life.
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-11-06 02:33:28  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Once you guys get jobs you'll be fine. I have no idea how a government can create jobs in a captialist economy though, because you can't force companies to hire a shitload of people.

Open bids for public projects/public works, with stringent deadlines and penalties for missing deadlines. Typically this utilizes both unskilled and skilled workers.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-06 02:38:16  
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Once you guys get jobs you'll be fine. I have no idea how a government can create jobs in a captialist economy though, because you can't force companies to hire a shitload of people.
Open bids for public projects/public works, with stringent deadlines and penalties for missing deadlines. Typically this utilizes both unskilled and skilled workers.

That's not going to take you from 10% unemployment to 5% lol. We need a serious plan that can create them on a mass scale.
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-11-06 02:50:54  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

That's not going to take you from 10% unemployment to 5% lol. We need a serious plan that can create them on a mass scale.

That's *theoretically* where the capatalist economy bit comes in. Even though you are contracting to one firm, that firm employs quite a few other subcontractors/suppliers in order to accomplish the project.

The one of the best ways to go about decreasing the unemployment is to increase the general confidence level in that economy. Businesses tend to act conservatively in low confidence environments, meaning if they don't have projected work within a defined interval from that point in time, out comes the firing stick.

Another option would be to increase the number of grants with regards to R&D.

But keep in mind, these are generally long-term actions. It is difficult to get companies with low confidence to hire additional people, without providing projects to work on, and/or providing some incentive for hiring new employees.