users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blu nuke spells
Blu nuke spells
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-05 08:50:40  
Yeah even swds just using pretty much my sanguine blade set since I haven't really done the math for regurgitation (partly cause wiki doesn't have formulas and I don't feel like sifting thru BG till I find it) I hit 600 from behind. And that's no staff no BA or convergence
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-05 08:59:05  
I hope we get some new magical spells next update, some support/nukes would be nice considering all the DD ones we got so far.
[+]
By Emilrelda 2010-11-05 09:46:01  
mighty guard?:P
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-11-05 10:23:23  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah even swds just using pretty much my sanguine blade set since I haven't really done the math for regurgitation (partly cause wiki doesn't have formulas and I don't feel like sifting thru BG till I find it) I hit 600 from behind. And that's no staff no BA or convergence

There's a link to the formulas at wiki, although it's not updated for the new spells.

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images/BlumageNFO.htm
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-05 10:25:33  
Thanks
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-11-05 20:28:03  
btw i got 2 augmented ring both 4 int and 3 mnd total 8 int 6 mnd
and i got 2 other ring with both 6 int total 12 int
which set would be good for regurgitation or any other blu magic spell
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-05 20:35:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Xylock said:
btw i got 2 augmented ring both 4 int and 3 mnd total 8 int 6 mnd
and i got 2 other ring with both 6 int total 12 int
which set would be good for regurgitation or any other blu magic spell
INT spells - 6 INT rings
MND spells - INT + MND rings (ie get real MND rings)
Eyes on Me - neither, CHR mod
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-07 01:33:44  
Bismarck.Helel said:
I've solo/duo'd tunga and the wamoura solely with regurgitation. Firespit costs a lot of mp compared to regurgitation and does about the same damage. I'd say, if you can use regurgitation (mob doesn't resist water) then use it. Of course, if the mob isn't super evasive or doesn't resists physical damage, physical spells are always better. Regurgitation will only give the mob 10% tp as well and accumulates very little enmity compared to multihit physical spells.

I tried this, but the constant -ga spells made it problematic and it ended up not working out. It seemed to spam breakga.

Have any advice?
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-07 02:01:46  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Bismarck.Helel said:
I've solo/duo'd tunga and the wamoura solely with regurgitation. Firespit costs a lot of mp compared to regurgitation and does about the same damage. I'd say, if you can use regurgitation (mob doesn't resist water) then use it. Of course, if the mob isn't super evasive or doesn't resists physical damage, physical spells are always better. Regurgitation will only give the mob 10% tp as well and accumulates very little enmity compared to multihit physical spells.

I tried this, but the constant -ga spells made it problematic and it ended up not working out. It seemed to spam breakga.

Have any advice?
Chaotic Eye? Since it's being Bound, there's bound to be time in between casts of Regurgitation to Silence it.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-11-07 02:09:09  
i highly doubt you can silence it
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-07 02:11:07  
Mm, well, looking it up, I see no reason why someone would get caught in Breakga anyway, since Regurgitation has the same max distance as Black Magic spells.

Edit: And causes Knockback that would interrupt spell casting.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-07 03:19:31  
Knock back from regurgitation doesn't interrupt, and in fact doesn't even actually move the mob I think, just makes it look like it moved. Also when players cast, the range is ~21, when mobs cast it's ~30, yes, they cheat.

For regurgitation and other INT/MND modded spells, the formula I go on is 1INT = 3MND. Haven't really done any testing to see how accurate that is, but that would mean that INT+6 ring > INT+4 MND+3.

Personally, I use magic spells a LOT less since abyssea came out than I used to, I just haven't found any NMs where they do any real damage. As for triggering magic !!, we always have 6 spells to go through, regardless what day it is (I'm still not sure on the earthsday procs, one is listed as seedspray, which is physical...), which can actually take up a hell of a lot of set points depending on day. Then if the mob is being a *** and starts casting magic or tp'ing just as your spells go off, it's not simply a matter of casting your 6 spells then changing spells again.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-07 19:51:10  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Bismarck.Helel said:

Have any advice?
Chaotic Eye? Since it's being Bound, there's bound to be time in between casts of Regurgitation to Silence it.

Either I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, or the bind from Regurgitation doesn't stick to Tunga, nor does silence.
 Caitsith.Katas
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-11-07 20:09:49  
You are correct, neither sticks.