users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Asuran Abyssea LS now recruiting~
Asuran Abyssea LS now recruiting~
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-11-01 17:20:30  
ReturnToNothing is a fairly new Linkshell focusing on getting it's people AF3 drops, upgrades, and pretty much all of the above like weapons and the like. Just going to keep it plain and simple, no catchy delivery, no cookie bribing (though I'm sure that'll lose some people :|), just a link.

Apply if you're interested, guys~ ^^

Edit : Actually, I lied. Have a cookie.
[+]
By olyard 2010-11-01 17:24:50  
Quote:
We are a somewhat lowman LS. Reason being, I've trio'd Ironclad Severer (with some difficulty and decent gear),

lol, iron giants are so hard how does we kill them?

Quote:
In case some of you are unaware, we have a very strict “3 Strike Policy” when it come to not attending mandatory events without an excused absence. Welcome back to Middle School.

1st Strike : Warning from an officer. Typical slap on the wrist. Maybe a spanking if it's me.

2nd Strike : You are deducted half of your current DKP. Meaning, if you currently have 40 DKP saved and it is your 2nd warning, congratulations, you just lost 20.

3rd Strike : Bye.

Sure, some of these sound a bit extreme, but really? *** tell us if you're not gonna make a mandatory event. The event calendar is posted here and if you're unsure, ask us. We're all on everyday. I'm on everyday and pretty much all day.

wow so you penalize people for not logging into the game?
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-11-01 17:27:55  
olyard said:
wow so you penalize people for not logging into the game?
Just as if you were penalized for not showing up to school without an excuse?
By olyard 2010-11-01 17:28:29  
wow get a life. If they are online I can see the issue with them skipping, but why is it your concern to know what they are doing in RL?
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-11-01 17:29:18  
olyard said:
wow get a life. If they are online I can see the issue with them skipping, but why is it your concern to know what they are doing in RL?
Really, Draylo? Why do you insist on shitting up other server's threads? And you tell me to get a life?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 17:30:44  
Does one get paid $$ for working for a LS?
like.. $7/day to cover 1 basic mc.donalds meal + game subscription?
By olyard 2010-11-01 17:31:04  
I dunno who that is, but if referring to me. How am I shitting this thread up? Just saw a quick glance of your rules and found that one to be completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-01 17:32:13  
Quote:
Sure, some of these sound a bit extreme, but really? *** tell us if you're not gonna make a mandatory event. The event calendar is posted here and if you're unsure, ask us. We're all on everyday. I'm on everyday and pretty much all day.

This seems a bit -more- than a bit extreme.

There's a lot of reason why someone might not be able to make it to an event and I'm sure the vast majority of those reasons aren't always planned out.

Seems like a steep punishment when in some cases the inability to warn LS mates you is unpreventable.

Anyway, I'm sure i'll just get "YU DUN LIKE IT DUNT APLY", the average response to any constructive criticism.
[+]
By Serj 2010-11-01 17:33:23  
Asura.Xenophire said:
ReturnToNothing is a fairly new Linkshell focusing on getting it's people AF3 drops, upgrades, and pretty much all of the above like weapons and the like. Just going to keep it plain and simple, no catchy delivery, no cookie bribing (though I'm sure that'll lose some people :|), just a link.

Apply if you're interested, guys~ ^^

Edit : Actually, I lied. Have a cookie.

That is an awesome *** cookie.
 Phoenix.Gimmeurselables
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Loltron
By Phoenix.Gimmeurselables 2010-11-01 17:37:27  
Just dropping by to lol@rules. Bye.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-01 17:42:17  
Phoenix.Gimmeurselables said:
Just dropping by to lol@rules. Bye.

who are you?
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2010-11-01 17:47:41  
Honestly if you don't like their rules, don't join. Simple as that.
There's no reason to comment on this topic if you're not interested.

Well besides me, because I'm not interested, but just had to say something to the random people who aren't even on Asura who were making comments.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-11-01 17:48:10  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
This seems a bit -more- than a bit extreme.

There's a lot of reason why someone might not be able to make it to an event and I'm sure the vast majority of those reasons aren't always planned out.

Seems like a steep punishment when in some cases the inability to warn LS mates you is unpreventable.

Anyway, I'm sure i'll just get "YU DUN LIKE IT DUNT APLY", the average response to any constructive criticism.
So, just to be completely different, if I have the means to apply to a Linkshell online, I have the means to send a PM to an officer and tell them I can't make an event. All of our officers have cellphones which we'll give out of numbers in such a case.

If I were applying for a Linkshell with similar or the same rules, I'd still apply because I agree 100% with it. There should be no reason I'm applying to an LS with rules I don't agree with.

This game is full of *** who want nothing more than to *** people out of ***. That rule is just a way of trying to prevent that from happening.
 Asura.Raignes
user: Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2010-11-01 18:30:57  
So, having a lowman LS and expecting people to show up is extreme? And punishing people for not showing is extreme?

WE'RE TOTALLY *** EXTREME THEN OMFG AWESOME RAWK ON.

Even if the excuse is "Hey, I really just don't feel like playing." We'll take it. Guess what, it's a game, you can do that. The rule is there to prevent people from only showing up when we're doing ***that they want.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, Karb, but we don't really intend to change the rules because our members know that we're not gonna put up with random absences. Mind you, this is still an extremely new LS, we're still filling out the ranks with people we can trust to log on and do stuff, so rules are probably going to change some, but I really don't forsee that rule becoming any less strict.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-01 18:32:58  
Wow you tard, what if the people who don't wanna do the event just tell you "I don't feel like playing" "I can't make it today?" how is the rule making a difference? Having a rule like that is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, end of story lol.
By Serj 2010-11-01 18:34:49  
"If you are online, you are expected to attend the LS event."

^ is what you should do, because it lets people have a life outside of this game. Telling your friends "I HAVE TO GET ON FFXI TONIGHT FOR OUR ABYSSEA - MIS RUN! SORRY I CAN'T GO OUT TO THE CLUB WITH YOU GUYS!" isn't correct.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ailoki
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-11-01 18:36:05  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Wow you tard, what if the people who don't wanna do the event just tell you "I don't feel like playing" "I can't make it today?" how is the rule making a difference? Having a rule like that is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, end of story lol.
Is it really that hard to give out constructive criticism without calling people names?
By Serj 2010-11-01 18:37:41  
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Is it really that hard to give out constructive criticism without calling people names?

Look one post above yours ;<
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-01 18:38:05  
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

extremely
 Phoenix.Ailoki
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-11-01 18:39:14  
Serj said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Look one post above yours ;<
Was directed at Draylo. Your post was actually pretty constructive. :3
 Asura.Raignes
user: Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2010-11-01 18:39:35  
K, so, just gonna do what Karb said is the typical response to this.

DUN LIEK IT DUN'T APPLY LOLZ.

Seriously. Serj, thanks for the actually helpful criticism, though.

Draylo, shut the *** up.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-01 18:40:30  
Asura.Raignes said:
So, having a lowman LS and expecting people to show up is extreme? And punishing people for not showing is extreme?

WE'RE TOTALLY *** EXTREME THEN OMFG AWESOME RAWK ON.

Even if the excuse is "Hey, I really just don't feel like playing." We'll take it. Guess what, it's a game, you can do that. The rule is there to prevent people from only showing up when we're doing ***that they want.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, Karb, but we don't really intend to change the rules because our members know that we're not gonna put up with random absences. Mind you, this is still an extremely new LS, we're still filling out the ranks with people we can trust to log on and do stuff, so rules are probably going to change some, but I really don't forsee that rule becoming any less strict.

Its not extreme expecting people to show up, I was only mentioning its extreme you boot them after the third miss when there may be out-of-their-control circumstances.

But Xenophire explained it to me better in-game, he seems like a level-headed guy, should leave it to him cause your attitude isn't helping what hes trying to maintain.
[+]
By Serj 2010-11-01 18:41:11  
Asura.Raignes said:
K, so, just gonna do what Karb said is the typical response to this.

DUN LIEK IT DUN'T APPLY LOLZ.

Seriously. Serj, thanks for the actually helpful criticism, though.

Draylo, shut the *** up.

Well, it generally turns out that the dedicated ls members who join will be at almost every event you have and the people who aren't won't show up and get left behind or leave the ls. It works out the same way, you just get more people to join since it seems more relaxed.
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-01 18:42:18  
Strict rules are fine if your shell is, idk, good.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 18:43:38  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Strict rules are fine if your shell is, idk, good.
strict rules are strict
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-01 18:44:47  
Ironclad Severer with 3; Win a free iPod.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.