users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Set: Occ. Augments Blue Magic Spells
Set: Occ. Augments Blue Magic Spells
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-10-25 14:02:19  
I got a stone of balance this weekend and have been low manning NM's for pop items, and am pretty stoked. With our spells ranging from cures, enhancing, enfeeble, to damage can anyone put a finger on what can be "Augmented"? And you think we need all 5 pieces or will it stack, meaning if i get 2 pieces we'll still get some sort of set bonus.
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 14:04:06  
Most believe the set bonus are cumulative, as some like RDM and BRD are. Some of them are a lot harder to test though.

It would probably be safe to assume you don't need to be 5/5 for the set bonus, though.
[+]
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-10-25 14:30:21  
My guess is its going to add to the potency, like maybe a 7 min battery charge vs. 5min or 30% or so more damage on spells, speculation at this point, i just wanted some type of concrete answer i guess.
By jimbobsonofgod 2010-10-28 22:09:00  
Talk to Guill, he's JP understands a little English and he has the full set of +2.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 22:11:53  
Pretty easy to test everyhting but the physical dmg spells. Even that isn't that hard
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-17 04:59:50  
So... do I really suck at the internet, or does no-one know how the +2 set augments spells yet? I can't find a GD thing lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-17 05:02:34  
Probably a damage multiplier of some sort with a very, very low proc rate. In other words, you'll never see it aside from actually trying to proc it or under CA (when you're using head + legs) until next update.

Might do something similar for buffs and debuffs as well though, which would be very nice.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-19 12:14:48  
Well, a few days ago I got my second +2 piece (head and legs now). I use them both for all physical spells and animating wail. I'll still be damned if I know what the set bonus is, I'm thinking it's just a damage multiplier as Nightfyre said, because I do get that occasional spell that does that little bit more than I'd have expected. Like today when my Efflux+CA Quad. did it's usual 2+k damage on whatever mob I was fighting at the time, and then a regular Goblin Rush actually did more, normally gobby rush would be doing no more than about 1500 in that situation.

So if that's all it is, well, it's kinda unexciting, but not too bad I guess.

Anyone heard of any other tests/results yet? 'Cause I'm obviously just eye-balling here.
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-12-19 12:36:55  
I wonder if it affects cures and enhancing, I have my +2 legs and 2/6 on head with 2 T3 VNM pops (drops 1-3 cards) among my lowman static, once I get my piece which should be in a few days, I'm going to do some testing on enhancing (meaning if potency or duration is affected as well), and will check back in on my findings.
By Laeticia 2010-12-21 01:50:09  
i have +2 head legs feet and do all physical, magical, and buff spells in them. i was goofing with a blm friend on attohwa worms, manaburn style doing around 1800-1900 charged whisker aoes. randomly i did 3750 aoe. this leads me to believe its some sort of occasional double damage (and/or modifier bonus to obtain the same result of double damage). today as well i was fighting worms, physical spells, generally do 1800-2200 quad without JA (all 4 hits), randomly did a 4200 quad with NO JA active. this leads me to the same conclusion, either flat out double damage or tweaking the mods to obtain the same resulting damage. i have noticed nothing different on buffs of any kind as of yet.

edit: you can obtain the set bonus with at least 2 pieces. "seems" to increase rate as you increase pieces from what i see and hear from others (complete eyeballing, no factual information/data).
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-12-23 02:15:45  
I wonder if by extension this set effect is going to make the full set ideal to wear when casting spells of any sort. Maybe with all 5 pieces the rate will be 50% or so, doubling the damage of every second spell you cast.

Thanks for the info, Laeticia. ^^

Can't wait to hear about your testing on healing and enhancing spells, Kwate. ^^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-23 02:17:58  
I haven't noticed anything particularly severe. Sometimes bumps my spells up but a few hundred.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-23 05:46:47  
I was wondering the same thing Jessie, I tried using head legs feet all together like Laeticia said, and after a few hours, didn't feel like it was worth using a non physical casting piece for the set bonus. It was just, basically unnoticeable. I've just finished my 4th piece though, and only need three more gems (stones/cards/w/e they are) for hands and I'll be done, so I'll try with 4 pieces for a little while.

But I have a little piece of good news for you all... The +2 body gives 2 mp/tic refresh!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-23 08:14:02  
Okay, after about an hour of using all +2 except hands for physical spells (~50 mobs), I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with the set bonus so far. I've been doing pretty consistent 1500 damage with Quad. Continuum, and 1200 Goblin Rush, casting both those spells once each on every single mob. In that time, I've seen one Quad. for 3500, and one for 2500. That's it.

As soon as I swapped back to AF+1 body and RSE feet (STR/DEX+3), my damage went up to 1700 for quad, and 1500 for Goblin Rush.

So it's good when it procs, but the proc rate is way, way too low to justify using the full set for physical spells. Maybe the proc rate is better using SA, and the spell modifier would certainly add more damage using SA, but from what I can see, it's a pretty disappointing set bonus.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-23 09:15:51  
Odin.Blazza said:
I was wondering the same thing Jessie, I tried using head legs feet all together like Laeticia said, and after a few hours, didn't feel like it was worth using a non physical casting piece for the set bonus. It was just, basically unnoticeable. I've just finished my 4th piece though, and only need three more gems (stones/cards/w/e they are) for hands and I'll be done, so I'll try with 4 pieces for a little while. But I have a little piece of good news for you all... The +2 body gives 2 mp/tic refresh!

Awww, knowing that, I wish the Body+1 would give us 1 refresh so I could justify wearing it. :(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-23 09:38:42  
5/5 procrate on MNK set (occ augments kicks) is reported as 10%... This is on an ability that doesn't even proc every round. I strongly doubt 5/5 af3 will proc enough to be worthwhile even before considering factors like overkill. At least nukes and CA'd spells will benefit, even if only 1% of the time. Perhaps buffs will benefit from the set bonus.
 Caitsith.Jessie
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-12-23 12:52:49  
Odin.Blazza said:
But I have a little piece of good news for you all... The +2 body gives 2 mp/tic refresh!
Holy cow, really?!

I was actually wondering this! After I read that the Twilight Mail's "Refresh" gives 2/tic, I was deep-down really hoping our body would give 2/tic too. Oh wow, I'm really excited now! ^^
 Caitsith.Katas
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-12-23 13:16:15  
Nice thank you for the info Blazza
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-24 06:06:17  
Caitsith.Jessie said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Holy cow, really?! I was actually wondering this! After I read that the Twilight Mail's "Refresh" gives 2/tic, I was deep-down really hoping our body would give 2/tic too. Oh wow, I'm really excited now! ^^
Wonder if this means WHM RDM and BLM bodies get 2/tick too.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-24 06:29:00  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Holy cow, really?! I was actually wondering this! After I read that the Twilight Mail's "Refresh" gives 2/tic, I was deep-down really hoping our body would give 2/tic too. Oh wow, I'm really excited now! ^^
Wonder if this means WHM RDM and BLM bodies get 2/tick too.
Smn head gets 3, they probably all do too, since the +1 version also gives refresh.
 Siren.Eremes
サーバ: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-01-07 16:03:18  
So the 5/5 set is not justified to cast offensive spells in? That makes Morrigan for nukes slightly less useless then. :|
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-07 16:46:05  
Siren.Eremes said:
So the 5/5 set is not justified to cast offensive spells in? That makes Morrigan for nukes slightly less useless then. :|
It would be if you were brewing ;)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 00:28:09  
Caitsith.Jessie said:
I wonder if by extension this set effect is going to make the full set ideal to wear when casting spells of any sort. Maybe with all 5 pieces the rate will be 50% or so, doubling the damage of every second spell you cast.
Doubt it... been testing it on a nuke and still haven't gotten it to proc once after 70 cast... to put that in perspective I've gotten 2 resist on lvl 1 mobs in that time...

Wiki has some note about it tripling wsc mods. Based on other af3 and how bad it seems so far I wouldn't doubt that it is like 2% per peice pretty much... which is kinda crappy considering how often a blu casts an offensive spell compared to say how often a pld gets dmgd or a thf triple attacks etc
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 02:09:19  
Woot finally got a proc and it only took 85ish cast!!!

And while 1 proc is kinda hard to draw a absolute conclusion the numbers did come out exactly right for tripling the stat mods...

I'll leave the how/if it stacks with burst affinity to when I have a proc rate that isn't this bad... I mean as is if I had been trying that this time it would've taken me like 3 hours to get 1 proc lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2011-01-17 03:18:28  
Finally got 5/5 af3+2 tonight, not sure how to do testing with it. I think i got a proc on earlier tonight when i was 4/5 +2 on a cure with plenilune. With normal dd spells set and in my cure set i get around 640 hp or so and in af3+2 4/5 i got 643 hp earlier when i normally get 550 hp. I'll have to check it out more and see whats up.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-17 03:46:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Longarm said:
Finally got 5/5 af3+2 tonight, not sure how to do testing with it. I think i got a proc on earlier tonight when i was 4/5 +2 on a cure with plenilune. With normal dd spells set and in my cure set i get around 640 hp or so and in af3+2 4/5 i got 643 hp earlier when i normally get 550 hp. I'll have to check it out more and see whats up.
Best way to go about testing is to cast something that is very consistent and don't vary any of the few things that vary it... so for that make sure its say not in abyssea and make sure you aren't gear changing with those on and make sure the day isn't dark or light. Or if it is light you use light obi.

Wait till you get 1 that is higher. Then math time!!! Or post numbers like vit mnd cure potency and if you did day thing and I could maybe. Also easier to math if you don't use potency gear
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-17 04:12:50  
I use feet legs body for head butt to proc the stun effect. Very rarely it will do double damage. I'm not sure there's anything left to test really. Based on your numbers above it seems better just to cast in mnd gear than to hope for set proc. I'm skeptical that the set bonus affects healing spells anyway, but even if it did, it's not worth casting in the full set.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-17 23:35:33  
It was probably day proc. Plenilune can get day/weather bonus, while Magic Fruit can't.