users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » FFXI friend passes, cancer walk in memory
FFXI friend passes, cancer walk in memory
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-21 01:43:11  
Hey, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to pass this along.

July 13th a great friend of mine passed away at the age of 22 from complications with Lymphoma. He played FFXI for about 4 years, until he started to get sick, with what he thought was a stomach ache, only to find out, he had been diagnosed with lymphoma.

His character name was Greyfox, on the Lakshmi server. He was a super great friend, and an awesome player to be around. We met outside the game once, and talked on the phone many of times. Even more so once he had to quit FFXI, to deal with his cancer.

He was doing well, and getting ready to do a bone marrow transplant, when ultimately he succumb to a bronchial infection, that took his life. Something a normal immune system could fight off easily, but with the effects of chemotherapy, he wasn't able to pull through.

Tomorrow,(Or today when you read this.) There's going to be a walk in San Fransisco area for leukemia and lymphoma, and two women are walking in memory of Greyfox, (Roman Polyakov).
I thought it would be cool, if some ffxi'ers were able to support this cause financially, and/or with positive comments. If anyone could afford to toss some cash their way, to support their walk for him that would be fantastic.

Here's the link, if you would like to donate, if not, that's totally fine. I just thought it wouldn't hurt, and it would be cool to show his family and friends the kind of support a video game could have.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/sf/SanFran10/TeamFIFA

The women walking are on the same team, but here's their names.
* Gail Bogetz-Gelb
* Lindsay Gelb
The link is a direct link to their donation page.

Thanks in advance.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-10-21 01:55:32  
Wow, I think I knew Greyfox.
Was he a mithra?

I only remember he had 75 bard from his jobs (maybe sam I think)
I believe he ran a Limbus LS (or was partial leader) for a while and was part leader in a Dynamis LS too.
And he had a little taru white mage char as well.

Is that the same guy?
Or am I thinking of someone else?

Ninja Edit:
I think it's the wrong person.

But damn...
Sad story...

May he Rest in Paradise
:(

Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-21 02:03:40  
You're thinking of Greywolf, mithra.

Greyfox was an elvaan Male, I'll get a pic.

[+]
 Sylph.Alesis
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Alesis 2010-10-21 02:04:45  
Just wanted to post and say what a wonderful thing you're doing.
Alot of people don't realize that just because you don't see a person every weekend or even live within 3,000 miles of them that they can't have a huge impact on your life.
The support you have for your friend, his family and this cause are inspiring.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ebry
サーバ: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-10-21 02:26:43  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
That's really inspiring. :) I know it sounds weird, but hearing something like this from the community makes it seem so much more in touch with me. It's easy to disassociate things like this in the world, but to see screenshots in the persona and actions of a life passing is pretty touching..

Maybe I don't exactly make sense in how I'm trying to describe it. Either way, I wish I lived near San Francisco.. unfortunately, I'm about 2000 miles away. Just know you are doing a very inspiring thing and he would see you as one true friend.

Oh honey. I can't take you seriously with that icon....

Back on topic - Its a wonderful thing your doing. :)
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-21 02:30:09  
Something I found after he passed, sorta by accident, and it gave me chills, especially seeing the date, and my name on there.

Lakshmi White-List

GreyMog was his zam name.

And thanks for the supportive comments. I'm gonna go to bed now, I'll check back on this thread in the morning.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-10-21 02:47:26  
Sorry to hear the unfortunate news. He was a lucky person to have loving friends and family who care enough about him to do this for him. Sadly, some people in the world can't say even that much.

Hope all goes well with all his loved ones.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-21 09:46:41  
Bump for morning guys.
 Alexander.Xynthios
サーバ: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-10-21 09:52:41  
My condolences for the loss.

May his friends and family receive joy in knowing that selfless people like you are watching out for him, even in death.

I don't know the name, myself. But it sucks to hear about anyone's death, especially when you find out it's someone from a community you're familiar with.

Again, my sincerest condolences to his family for the loss, god bless them.

*Takes hat off in respect*
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-10-21 15:05:29  
Cancer really hits home with me in more than a few ways,
including losing one of my best friends just past his 26th birthday.
Wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and I hope its a nice event.
I may try and make it to Frisco but either way my thoughts are with the cause.
 Bahamut.Purrfectly
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Purrfectly 2010-10-21 15:21:16  
Its a very nice thing you are doing. I hope it goes well, and you will get more supporters ^^ If I lived there I would.