users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Rng and Store Tp
Rng and Store Tp
 Asura.Chefm
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-10-15 08:40:55  
I was looking around and saw this Rng Tp gear.

"Not counting latents this is 60 store tp 75 /sam. Which if I did my math right should be 31.5 tp each shot. 11 store tp away from a 3 hit. This also happens to be way way way more than enough for a 4 hit with pretty much any gun even not /sam"

1. Does Store TP even work on ranged att?
2. If so wht do you think about this set ?
[+]
 Hades.Weegie
サーバ: Hades
user: Weegie
By Hades.Weegie 2010-10-15 09:12:08  
Here's what I think. If you are wearing Store TP gear and it is not helping you reduce your attacks needed to get 100% TP, then you are wasting a spot in your inventory. Add something more useful.

Now if you can add something to get a 3-hit build, then you can wear a lot more crappy armor to TP in and WS is something more powerful and make up for the waste. But reducing your TP by 1/2 a hit isn't doing you ANY good.

And you have far more inventory space than I do if you can use cannon shells for ammo.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-15 09:13:11  
Weegie... Why isn't your avatar Weegie?
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-15 09:15:24  
My question is how accurate will you be with that store tp set?

if you wiff 5 shots are you a true 4 hit build?
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-10-15 09:19:34  
Asura.Chefm said:

1. Does Store TP even work on ranged att?
2. If so wht do you think about this set ?

1. Yes

2. Drop excess STP (keep enough to maintain a 4-hit). Replace with Snapshot, and Racc (if you're not capped from job traits).

Looks like someone was just trying to see how much STP they could stack when they made this set.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-15 09:48:15  
Asura.Chefm said:
I was looking around and saw this Rng Tp gear. "Not counting latents this is 60 store tp 75 /sam. Which if I did my math right should be 31.5 tp each shot. 11 store tp away from a 3 hit. This also happens to be way way way more than enough for a 4 hit with pretty much any gun even not /sam" 1. Does Store TP even work on ranged att? 2. If so wht do you think about this set ?

Yes STP works on ranged attacks, you should also take into consideration the STP atma, which would put you at a true 3hit. Could probably drop about 5STP with that Atma active to keep true hit. Outside of Abyssea you could drop down to +28 + /SAM and keep a true 4hit, or keep 43STP if you use a different sub.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 11:23:37  
Lol pretty sure this is the set I made and it is more or less a work in progress with the way SE updates. More of seeing what is possible. And ya know messing around.

As I mentioned in the comments it is way more than what is needed for 4 hit and not quite a 3 hit solo (was before stp atma info was out)

In all reality if you aren't achieving a 3 hit with it you should probably drop the culverin for gun with about as much dmg and alot less delay and much cheaper and easier to carry bullets and put in some snap shot gear and still maintain a 4 hit build. Oh and the culverin is supposed to be +1. I just hadn't got around to changing it since I tested them to be the same tp/shot

And finally lol at someone finding this set and finding it interesting.

/waits for someone to find my relic sword + kclub pld set :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-15 11:31:46  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
My question is how accurate will you be with that store tp set?

if you wiff 5 shots are you a true 4 hit build?

+1

RNG is on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to getting buffs also.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 11:39:08  
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
My question is how accurate will you be with that store tp set? if you wiff 5 shots are you a true 4 hit build?
+1
True but then again rng has +48 acc from job traits too :). And who actually gets acc/racc buffs from the support jobs these days lol?
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-15 11:48:03  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
My question is how accurate will you be with that store tp set? if you wiff 5 shots are you a true 4 hit build?
+1
True but then again rng has +48 acc from job traits too :). And who actually gets acc/racc buffs from the support jobs these days lol?

-12 racc isnt really helping his cause with that set-up regardless. heres hoping someone has full marksmanship merits and capped skills
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 11:52:04  
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
+1 RNG is on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to getting buffs also.
-12 racc isnt really helping his cause with that set-up regardless. heres hoping someone has full marksmanship merits and capped skills
My cause. And it's for fun. Point is rngs get more acc in job traits than most melees tp in lol
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-15 11:53:50  
true strike. 5 gold stars for you.

that culverin should be FoV augmented....
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 11:54:51  
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
true strike. 5 gold stars for you. that culverin should be FoV augmented....

Oh god I'd rage quit with my luck. I'd get like -str +chr or some junk
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-15 11:56:17  
i ll go augment one right now and see what i get
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-10-15 11:57:04  
If rng is at the bottom of the totem pole then put them at the top... I'd personally rather have 4 rng brd healer on an nm than 4 dds getting destroyed by aoe tp moves, especially on the harder nms. March is nice and all, but it causes the mob to gain tp at a much faster rate. Minuet simply increases damage without effecting the mobs tp whatsoever. Anyway, with that said, the slots that kinda suck for store tp are head, neck, hands, 2nd ring (rajas is good), 2nd earring (volley earring is good), and waist. In terms of atma you are better off going with str and ranged attack atma than store tp. With a 4 hit build, red curry bun, double shot, double minuet, and atma, rng can absolutely destroy anything. It only takes 2 shots to get 100 tp if double procs, which it usually does, and if your ws doesn't miss.

Edit: you can't augment culverin.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-15 12:26:53  
lame
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 12:27:54  
Wait why can't you augment it? It's not ra/ex or anything.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-10-15 14:39:06  
I have a 4-hit rng/sam setup posted on my item sets. Capped ACC with full skill merits on up to level 96 mobs.

Edit: But yeah, with that set in OP, it gives 32.2 TP per hit. That means he's 7 STP short from 3-hit or 46 STP over what he needs for 4-hit.
 Shiva.Kure
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kure
By Shiva.Kure 2010-10-15 15:29:05  
The only problem I see with this setup is you'd have to ws in that set as well thus lowering ws damage. This is pretty sweet for an Anni rng, where you'd want to coronach as much as possible :x
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-15 16:48:04  
Shiva.Kure said:
The only problem I see with this setup is you'd have to ws in that set as well thus lowering ws damage. This is pretty sweet for an Anni rng, where you'd want to coronach as much as possible :x

Not true, he's overshooting 4hit by a lot, he could drop STP and still be true 4hit
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 17:20:04  
Just wait till next update and it becomes a true 3 hit!
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-10-15 17:28:13  
just pop 7 store tp food, <insert name here>. And 3 hit is a go.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-15 17:45:19  
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Though food only went up to 5. Besides you already sacrficing alot. Sacrificing good food too. Probably not worth it
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-10-15 17:56:11  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
Though food only went up to 5. Besides you already sacrficing alot. Sacrificing good food too. Probably not worth it
Highest is Ambrosia with +7 followed by Carbonara with +6.
 Asura.Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-10-15 23:56:42  
You could also use one of the Atma's : Atma of Camaraderie,Atma of the Deep Devourer, Atma of the Noxious Bloom, Atma of Dunes, ? they have storetp + Minor
 Asura.Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-10-17 12:49:07  
Is it possiable to use this sTP set for Archey too?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-17 14:59:12  
Asura.Chefm said:
Is it possiable to use this sTP set for Archey too?
You could use any set for anything.

Assuming you use a 524 delay bow (the lowest decent ones I see though some good 540 and 600 ones) and 90 delay arrow should be 15.1 base tp/hit.

Now with that it would be completely impossible without atmas or outside buffs to get a 3 hit but you are about 9 over with the posted set to get a 4 hit. Which means if you shot in all of that you could ws in only 23 stp gear.

Of course the atmas do all kinds of crazy stuff. Wiki says Atma of Dunes is 20 stp so with that you could actually take off the stp on the head body and feet and replace with snap shot body and af3 for feet/head and still have your 4 hit with wsing in 0 stp gear. That would make a 3 hit with culverin possible though lol.