言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » TIGGARU IS A THIEF READ THIS
TIGGARU IS A THIEF READ THIS
First Page 2
By susan1983 2010-10-11 09:06:19  
TIGGARU STOLE CUPPYCAKES NOVIO AND IS TRYING TO SELL IT ON SO NOT TRUST THIS GUY AND PLESE TRY TO HELP GET CUPPY HER NOVIO BACK PLEASE. THANK YOU FOR READNG. HE WAS BUSTED LAST NIGHT IN WG TRYING TO SELL FOR 10.1 MIL. THIS GUY IS A CROOK PLEASE HELP CUPPYCAKE.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-11 09:08:24  
susan1983 said:
TIGGARU STOLE CUPPYCAKES NOVIO AND IS TRYING TO SELL IT ON SO NOT TRUST THIS GUY AND PLESE TRY TO HELP GET CUPPY HER NOVIO BACK PLEASE. THANK YOU FOR READNG. HE WAS BUSTED LAST NIGHT IN WG TRYING TO SELL FOR 10.1 MIL. THIS GUY IS A CROOK PLEASE HELP CUPPYCAKE.

I CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING YOU NOT SPEAK ENGRISH GOOD. WHY U YERRING AT ME?
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-11 09:09:23  
Shouldnt have gave it to him in the first place.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-11 09:11:06  
It's not stealing if it was given.
[+]
By susan1983 2010-10-11 09:14:31  
it was not given to him. he was in the endgame ls and she let him borough it. Then forced dc'ed after the sea god and never came back. next day logged in and out all day then got on at night and trying to sell. was not given to him at all.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-10-11 09:15:59  
He was given it to borrow unless he found a way to break into her account to steal it.
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-11 09:16:44  
Would never hand out/lend items like that unless I was 100% sure I could trust the person. Just goes to show.
By susan1983 2010-10-11 09:18:00  
i know that but cuppycake is a nice person maybe a lkittle to nice but didnt deserve that.
[+]
By Kailana 2010-10-11 09:25:35  
It's just a shame it comes to that. People can be such arseholes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-11 09:29:47  
Kailana said:
It's just a shame it comes to that. People can be such arseholes.
Its the internet. You expect anything else from people? =/
All in all, Cuppycakes own fault.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-10-11 09:34:52  
susan1983 said:
TIGGARU STOLE CUPPYCAKES

... ***
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-10-11 09:45:09  
come up with 10.1mill and ill get it back for yea!
 Odin.Teraflare
サーバ: Odin
user: Graham
By Odin.Teraflare 2010-10-11 09:45:54  
Some people are easily mugged. If you'd be so kind, can you ask Cuppycakes if they have a KC? I'd like to borrow it for skillups.

On the other hand, Tiggaru is clearly an *** of the highest order. I hope he sees sense and hands it back, although it appears he's happy to ruin any rep he has over it so I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

FFXI Rule #1 - Never lend anything to anyone unless you don't care about losing it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dinkydoo
user: Dinkydoo
By Fenrir.Dinkydoo 2010-10-11 09:57:56  
susan1983 said:
TIGGARU STOLE CUPPYCAKES NOVIO
Beeyotch stole mah boyfren!
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-10-11 10:05:04  
correct me if im wrong but cant you state that so-and-so can use this item for certain period of time and both agree. cant u call a GM and have it return b/c they shud see be able to see in the chat logs that iit was was agreement
 Bahamut.Moehre
サーバ: Bahamut
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-10-11 10:14:09  
I am not sure if you will be able to get the Novio earring directly by presenting your case to a GM, but try it out, specially if there was a /tell agreement during the Sea event.

In the worse case, you can ask for a backup from Cuppycake character, similar to what happens when an account is hacked.

Though it is true, that is also Cuppycake's fault for lending the item to a person of a clear dubious character, it is still theft, even if "only of pixels".

I hope things get worked out, and that your friend gets her earring back.

As a last note, is it possible that a 3rd person used Tiggaru account?
 Fenrir.Littlechaos
By Fenrir.Littlechaos 2010-10-11 10:23:41  
Quote:
FFXI Rule #1 - Never lend anything to anyone unless you don't care about losing it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I admit I have let others use my Novio earring or various other high end gears, but even if I trust the person me allowing it to leave my possession for whatever reason simply means that I am willing to risk losing it for w/e said reason may be. Besides you never know what could happen. I've had friends that were lent gear and one day they were unexpectedly hacked and all their crap was sold on the Ah and their characters moved to a foreign server and naked. Normally incases of these depending on your luck with rollbacks you may never see this stuff again. As for thieves.. if you enable one then that is your fault for lack of judgement. All in all the quote says it best.

Quote:
correct me if im wrong but cant you state that so-and-so can use this item for certain period of time and both agree. cant u call a GM and have it return b/c they shud see be able to see in the chat logs that iit was was agreement

From my knowledge this is pretty true. I've done this a few times when it comes to relics and currency lending. Basically you and said person verbally (in say, NOT party/shout/tell/emote) state the agreement and you need to be as concise as possible. Record the time that it was said in /say for faster help from the GM's. Basically just be smart and don't allow yourself to be victimized.

Hopefully everything works out for your friend. If not stay positive and just learn from this.
[+]
By Equilibrium 2010-10-11 10:28:12  
You can report it to a GM but you need to act quickly.

Here is a quote from the Q&A section of the SE Support Centre located here.

Quote:
To protect yourself from scams, always double-check items in the trade window before hitting the "accept" button. Also when loaning items to others, be sure set clear terms for the date and time of return.

* Please understand that if the GM staff is unable to find evidence of trade or delivery during the course of the investigation, items cannot be returned.

* Please understand that due to technical constraints, the GM staff is only able to assist with trade scam investigations that are reported within one week of their occurrence. GMs cannot pursue reports received

Also see here for SE's policy on lending items.

Quote:
The best way to prevent fraud is to not lend out items at all. However, we realize that there are cases where players may still wish to lend an item.
In this case we suggest that you take the following steps to protect yourself.

1. Be sure to make clear that you are only lending the item, and that it needs to be returned.
2. Be sure to make clear what the other party needs to do in case he/she loses the item in question. In other words, what kind of compensation will be made
and how it will be made.
3. Both parties need to agree to the terms upon which the item is going to be lent.
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-10-11 10:59:03  
Its 2010 and you should know bettter by now.

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE IN FF11.

expecially in endgame situations.

edit: Cuppicake's fault. Dont hope to see that Earring ever again lol, chances are close to 0%.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-10-11 11:02:05  
WELL BROODER LOOKS LIEK WE NEED TO GO FIND DIS TIGGARU AND GET EM!!!
o_________________O
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-10-11 11:02:25  
Equilibrium said:
You can report it to a GM but you need to act quickly.

Here is a quote from the Q&A section of the SE Support Centre located here.

Quote:
To protect yourself from scams, always double-check items in the trade window before hitting the "accept" button. Also when loaning items to others, be sure set clear terms for the date and time of return.

* Please understand that if the GM staff is unable to find evidence of trade or delivery during the course of the investigation, items cannot be returned.

If it was traded dont expect that GM will touch this matter.

* Please understand that due to technical constraints, the GM staff is only able to assist with trade scam investigations that are reported within one week of their occurrence. GMs cannot pursue reports received

Also see here for SE's policy on lending items.

Quote:
The best way to prevent fraud is to not lend out items at all. However, we realize that there are cases where players may still wish to lend an item.
In this case we suggest that you take the following steps to protect yourself.

1. Be sure to make clear that you are only lending the item, and that it needs to be returned.
2. Be sure to make clear what the other party needs to do in case he/she loses the item in question. In other words, what kind of compensation will be made
and how it will be made.
3. Both parties need to agree to the terms upon which the item is going to be lent.

If it was traded dont expect GMs to touch this matter.
 Siren.Demetreos
サーバ: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2010-10-11 11:06:42  
Titan.Wombat said:
susan1983 said:
TIGGARU STOLE CUPPYCAKES

... ***
I loled.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-11 11:16:45  
I know 2 cases where someone lent out a KC. They made it perfectly clear that the item was to be returned. Both people traded the KC with this understand and shortly after the other peron tried to pull this stunt of forcing d/c.

In both cases a GM was called an examined the logs and found evidence to support the KC was only being lent out and was to be returned. In both cases it was detected that said player disconnected by means of "no response from client".

Both KCs were returned to the original player, a GM came out and traded them one, and both thieves were banned immediately.

So as long as the terms of whatever arrangement are clear and laid out in any form of chat, then the matter will get resolved and will result in the thief getting an automatic ban.

[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-11 11:20:48  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I know 2 cases where someone lent out a KC. They made it perfectly clear that the item was to be returned. Both people traded the KC with this understand and shortly after the other peron tried to pull this stunt of forcing d/c.

In both cases a GM was called an examined the logs and found evidence to support the KC was only being lent out and was to be returned. In both cases it was detected that said player disconnected by means of "no response from client".

Both KCs were returned to the original player, a GM came out and traded them one, and both thieves were banned immediately.

So as long as the terms of whatever arrangement are clear and laid out in any form of chat, then the matter will get resolved and will result in the thief getting an automatic ban.

I remember the one time someone lent me his KC, he made it absolutly clear that he was trusting me to return it (I did indeed return it, i'm no douchebag) but in that situation i'd say the GM was correct in doing what he did since both parties had a (I guess you can say) "Verbal Agreement"

Usually if I ever loan anyone anything I require something of theirs (of equal or higher value) so that way in case they don't return my item, I have something that possibly might be worth more.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-11 11:28:27  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

I remember the one time someone lent me his KC, he made it absolutly clear that he was trusting me to return it (I did indeed return it, i'm no douchebag) but in that situation i'd say the GM was correct in doing what he did since both parties had a (I guess you can say) "Verbal Agreement"

Usually if I ever loan anyone anything I require something of theirs (of equal or higher value) so that way in case they don't return my item, I have something that possibly might be worth more.
Yeah no doubt. These 2 cases happened within like a month of each other and ever since then *if* I lend out something worth something, I make sure it's all spelled out too because of these cases.

I'm sure a lot of people on our server do this now too cause they were well known people involved :P
 Alexander.Equilibrium
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Equilibrium 2010-10-11 12:20:44  
Quote:
If it was traded dont expect GMs to touch this matter.

I somehow missed this part out when I copied it.
Quote:
As a rule, GMs do not get involved in player disputes. However, if an item was lent to another player and the borrower refuses to return the item, this will be treated as a scam and dealt with accordingly. If you find yourself a victim of a scam, please report this to the GM staff via "Support Desk" > "I want to report a violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement " within a week of the trade with as much detailed information as possible.

See the first link I posted.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cuppycake
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: NinaLynnT
By Lakshmi.Cuppycake 2010-10-14 23:04:59  
HI, so I just thought I'd come on and say.. Yes it was definitly my fault for letting someone borrow something worth so much. That being said, I really thought in my heart I could trust this person. I now know better. Moving on, I talked to 3 GM's and nothing could be done. He did in fact sell the earring and will be moving servers. Oh well, I learned from the experience. My Linkshell is full sweet people who are doing their best to make light out of the situation and yes, they are all trying very hard to help me get a new Novio. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Thank you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
By Echo13 2010-12-08 11:58:12  
We had a similar story in our shell, SoM, one guy (not gonna mention names) borrowed another guys Kraken Club and then switched servers.
First Page 2