フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Swift belt vs Velocious Belt
Swift belt vs Velocious Belt
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-10-11 11:34:28  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Attack doesn't matter for blu. Haste for tp, and recast.

Wut? :Q

It goes along with Macc swords. Doesn't matter how much you hit for, aslong as your stun sticks. FOR THE GREATER GOOD.
[+]
 Asura.Nususu
サーバ: Asura
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2010-10-11 11:35:31  
The more haste you have, the longer it takes for it to proc. So it's actually bad to be at haste cap because it takes 25% longer to proc than no haste.
[+]
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-10-11 11:46:08  
Asura.Nususu said:
The more haste you have, the longer it takes for it to proc. So it's actually bad to be at haste cap because it takes 25% longer to proc than no haste.
Is this a new troll thing, a actual thing, or a thing that people think is a thing but isn't really but a lot of people think its possible so its a thing to them thing?
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-10-11 11:47:28  
Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
Asura.Nususu said:
Is this a new troll thing, a actual thing, or a thing that people think is a thing but isn't really but a lot of people think its possible so its a thing to them thing?

Have to think about how to respond, I take time to proc. ~.^

I kid, I kid! There was a thread awhile back about it, I think it was called 'haste takes time to proc' or something similar. You can probably find it. ^^
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-11 11:47:49  
Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
Asura.Nususu said:

It's an incredibly lame (and by now, overused) joke.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-11 11:53:19  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Attack doesn't matter for blu. Haste for tp, and recast.

Wut? :Q
Umm... Attk isn't relevant to physical spells...
Haste affects recast timers, and tp gain.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-11 11:57:55  
No but ignoring attk still hurts your overall DPS, believe it or not but you are meleeing with swords.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-11 12:14:45  
L
Fenrir.Gradd said:
No but ignoring attk still hurts your overall DPS, believe it or not but you are meleeing with swords.
Lol. k.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-11 12:18:12  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
L
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lol. k.

Considering you wear Askar head on DRG of all jobs, ill take your knowledge of DPS as not very knowledgeable.

I would HOPE that you would be smart enough to at the very least eat meat if you are capping ACC on certain things.

Also Morri Robe says hi, but with your mindset that probrably sucks too :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-11 12:29:49  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
L
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lol. k.

Considering you wear Askar head on DRG of all jobs, ill take your knowledge of DPS as not very knowledgeable.

I would HOPE that you would be smart enough to at the very least eat meat if you are capping ACC on certain things.

Also Morri Robe says hi, but with your mindset that probrably sucks too :(
Yeah, I used askar for tp when I was 75, sorry that I haven't updated my gear sets on ffxiah, so you could cry over it.
last time I checked morrigans robe had 8str. Could really care less about the attk, its nothing to go write home about.

do me a favor, and find me a respectable tp set for blu, that focuses on attack. I'm not going to sacrifice haste, str, accy, or m.accy for a lil bit of attack, if that makes my blue ***, ooooookkkay.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-11 12:41:42  
You TP with magic accuracy? I'd gladly sacrifice magic accuracy while TP'ing for some attack.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-11 12:45:06  
I get that, but saying gear like homam hands, over his dusk gloves.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-11 12:45:11  
God ***DD make me cry, Askar head was good at 75? For any job? I mean ***I have a *** Ace's helm and i'm smart enough to know turban beats it in every situation.

Learn2GearSwap

I see plenty of attk gear here, I dunno maybe im just seeing things.

Morri robe ends up giving you 9 attk, and the two swords would be 36 more attk.

BLU has access to no attk gear? Really?

Unless I added wrong thats 88 attk from this set.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-11 12:45:50  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

If you think homam hands beat my Dusk +1 you are out of your mind.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-11 12:46:45  
I think the point is, attack is the least of what you should focus on. Haste, STR acc first. Can start to change out ACC once capped.
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-10-11 12:47:45  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
You TP with magic accuracy? I'd gladly sacrifice magic accuracy while TP'ing for some attack.

^ This

Attack isn't amazing for blu, sure. But if you have a choice between gear that has say.. 2% haste, or 2% haste and 5 atk.. Which would you go for? <.<

Also quite irrelevant now I guess due to sanguine blade.. But with blu's new combat skill's, vorpal can be pretty badass. I hit a few 1k+ on Abyssea Mandys with cheap meat mith's (Yes, I know. lolfood).
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-11 12:48:12  
Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
well i was thinking u only lose out on 3+ acc and gain back the 5 attack the loss in acc shouldnt matter since i know alot of Blu's have Homam + Relic body

It's not a question, you're not going to be casting in either, and Swift is never going to be better than Velocious, unless you try to sabotage yourself so much that 3 acc matters.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-11 12:50:27  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
God ***DD make me cry, Askar head was good at 75? For any job? I mean ***I have a *** Ace's helm and i'm smart enough to know turban beats it in every situation.

Learn2GearSwap

I see plenty of attk gear here, I dunno maybe im just seeing things.

Morri robe ends up giving you 9 attk, and the two swords would be 36 more attk.

BLU has access to no attk gear? Really?

Unless I added wrong thats 88 attk from this set.

First off, didn't see they were hq on my phone. Hard to see the white box.
Second,
Never said they didn't have access to attk gear, and I also said a set focused on attack.
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-10-11 12:50:27  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
well i was thinking u only lose out on 3+ acc and gain back the 5 attack the loss in acc shouldnt matter since i know alot of Blu's have Homam + Relic body

It's not a question, you're not going to be casting in either, and Swift is never going to be better than Velocious, unless you try to sabotage yourself so much that 3 acc matters.

Swift could beat velocious if you're haste capped and need acc! :O

But I seriously doubt anyone who has haste cap, will be low on acc.. And even then, you can probably make better gear trade offs <.<
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-11 12:50:34  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

If you think homam hands beat my Dusk +1 you are out of your mind.

Not everyone has dusk gloves +1?

Not saying I totally agree with the guy, but don't have unrealistic exceptions.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-11 12:51:05  
Superdan, that's without Atmas right? The 1k vorpals.
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-11 12:55:59  
Shiva.Superdan said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Swift could beat velocious if you're haste capped and need acc! :O But I seriously doubt anyone who has haste cap, will be low on acc.. And even then, you can probably make better gear trade offs <.<

You're forgetting the time change.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-11 12:58:07  
My point is saying "You dont need attk" on blu is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-11 12:59:29  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
God ***DD make me cry, Askar head was good at 75? For any job? I mean ***I have a *** Ace's helm and i'm smart enough to know turban beats it in every situation. Learn2GearSwap I see plenty of attk gear here, I dunno maybe im just seeing things. Morri robe ends up giving you 9 attk, and the two swords would be 36 more attk. BLU has access to no attk gear? Really? Unless I added wrong thats 88 attk from this set.

Tiercel necklace! So close to being at 25%-26% haste on BLU and that tiercel will get you one step closer! I envy your TP set. :(

Maybe AF3+2 hands will give some accuracy. And I can't even begin to think what they're planning for on the body, since AF is a spell/macc body and AF2 is a TP body. I personally hope it's an upgraded AF2 body.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-10-11 13:00:57  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
My point is saying "You dont need attk" on blu is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-11 13:04:00  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Learn to not be a ***DD then come back another day kthx.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-11 13:05:05  
Quote:
Never said they didn't have access to attk gear, and I also said a set focused on attack.

And he never said WEAR ONLY ATTACK; he said that Attack is useful on BLU, which is true (contrast with "Attack doesn't matter for blu.").
[+]
 Odin.Ichrius
サーバ: Odin
user: Ichrius
By Odin.Ichrius 2010-10-11 13:05:17  
To the OP: Any job that's going to melee for TP and then WS, at all, Vel. Belt is obviously going to be better than Swift Belt. The only problem is getting one.

Side note: Gradd, check your PMs man!
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-11 13:08:09  
wiat is this a ninja thread cus im quite sure there is like a 0.04% boost to your dmg for using V belt over swift.

Im just sayin tho~

and Gradd you son need to go level sam/sam and dual wield your 6hit builds with max haste.~
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-11 13:15:41  
Odin.Ichrius said:
To the OP: Any job that's going to melee for TP and then WS, at all, Vel. Belt is obviously going to be better than Swift Belt. The only problem is getting one.

Side note: Gradd, check your PMs man!
I'm a Marine I believe in exceling in everything I do even in games, if your going to do something do it right, also I hate lazy people.