言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Vanity Dive & Whirl of Rage dmg and gear sets
Vanity Dive & Whirl of Rage dmg and gear sets
First Page 2
By Longarm 2010-10-10 15:41:12  
I've been seeing a lot of posts with gear sets for quad and spells subbing /nin, but i haven't seen too many with sub /thf. My ls does a lot of abyssea, and we use 1-2 tanks and it isnt very useful for our blus to go /nin. We started out doing Benthic with full agi set and agi spells, doing 3-4k dmg with /thf, but the aoe was a bit annoying. So we all switched to Vanity dive. The dmg from Vanity is just insane. 3-4k almost 5k with vanity with normal buffs and enhancements and a few abyssites. Im talking about chain + efflux + sa + ta + vanity. Thats an easy 3k or 3.5. Usually just sa + ta you can do just under 2k. Just wondering if anybody else has used vanity dive with /thf and what your numbers are. We also use Whirl of Rage for building time in abyssea, and ive seen some really high numbers with that too with a str and mnd set. Was wondering if anybody used this as well.

5/5 str merits, 8/8 blu magic, 8/8 sword 5/5 chain, 5/5 blu phys. 5/5 enchainment, 5/5 assimilation.

My Vanity dive set.

70+95 dex without food or any buffs from abbysea. With buffs im usually +120-136 dex.

My Whirl of Rage set.

79+62 str 71+45 mnd without food or buffs from abyssea. With buffs and atmas, im at str+ 140-165 & mnd+ 60-70.

My swords are gimpy, but I'm working on a dex sword atm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 16:16:43  
What atma are you using? Some nice ones out now for dex/str. How you doing the TE farming there, just blms aga'ing / whirl of rage?
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2010-10-10 16:29:12  
Both sets are looking really nice...

For Vanity Drive, I'd probably use Warwolf over Thiazi's just because STR is still incorporated into damage. Also switching ammo out for mavi tathlum so you can change gloves would help you boost STR as well through enkidu's mittens. Also, AMK helm is always an option for improvement. I use STR+4 DEX+4 crit hit dmg +2%. Think you also would get better results from kujira bead necklace over love torque as well as cuchulains mantle over Nifty.

Have you happened to try Vertical Cleave with a full STR build? I havn't had the chance to use /thf in abyssea much yet, so wondering if Vanity drive is really better.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 16:45:02  
Longarm said:
Im talking about chain + efflux + sa + ta + vanity.

Chain and Efflux don't stack.....
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-10-10 16:50:59  
I use the Atma of the Voracious Violet from eccentric eve. Str superior double att. minor and regain minor. I also use the Atma of the Hero from the Bastok mission with str minor crit hit dmg minor and regen minor. Im working on the Dex superior atma atm 1/2 key items to pop that nm. We usually start out with melee fighting their own mobs for pearl and blms time nuking their own mobs, then sleeping and picking them off 1 by 1 for azure. After enough lights we do time nukes blm and blu. The pld grabs about 15-20 mobs and agas with whirl is pretty sick 4-5 blm with 1-2 blus its pretty sick.

Those are good items i could toss in there to change it up. I'll have to test them out. I havent tried vertical cleave at all in such a long time.

Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-10-10 17:00:36  
So does chain and efflux stack or not? Ive always seen crazy high numbers when using both and not as high when using just 1 or the other solo.

So what about this
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 17:01:59  
Yes they do
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 17:04:14  
they didn't the last i checked...one effect stays active after you cast

edit: i'll re-test right now before work, i'll jump on blu rq
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 17:06:04  
No, not true !
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 17:07:08  
i do remember trying to test this, but i could be wrong..i'll double check rq
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-10-10 17:09:25  
I always thought that they did. When im doing vanity, i always throw efflux in there. I start out with ca effl. sa ta and vanity, get in a sata vanity then chain is rdy so i ca sata vanity and its usualy 2.2-2.5 where with efflux it would be an easy 3k or higher.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-10 17:11:21  
imo the best way to cap lights is off Ephmeral mobs. Kill 3 with azure killshots, 3 with pearl killshots, and 3 with amber kill shots, and then start fighting the family of your choice. Can start out with capped azure/pearl/amber right off the bat.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 17:12:36  
it only takes 3 kills to cap light off ephemeral mobs?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 17:15:45  
no, y'all are right... i just double checked rq in some shitty gear and still hit a 3k+ quad cont lol... My bad folks, i do apologize.. must have been something else that *** up my efflux/CA combo last I tried... My bad... carry on and for the record, I'm a big fan of V Dive. I'm working on a set for it now hehe
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-10 17:21:09  
Ephmeral mobs give the potency of 10 lights rather than 1, something not many people know.
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-10-10 17:23:36  
Well we dont take too long to cap lights and after about 20 min or less we start farming time with blms and blus. The most we got was 5 time chests out of about the 12-15 chests that popped with whirl and aga kills. I hear ya on making your set. Im a huge fan of it too. I used to swear by benthic which was awesome, dont get me wrong, but in abyssea where mobs are all over, the last thing you want to do is to aggro 4 colibri while fighting a nm lol. Vanity is much safer, and with the Atma from the ironclad Pulverizer that gives 50 dex, crit hit rate major and crit dmg major, it makes it one of the best spells for /thf .

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 17:25:22  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Ephmeral mobs give the potency of 10 lights rather than 1, something not many people know.

holy ***...good to know, serious
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-10 17:26:30  
I'm not a huge proponent of blu/thf because I'm always TPing and ***while CA is coming back up, but I've seen it do nice numbers... man up, go /nin and tank ***with massive dmg! lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-10-10 17:32:53  
I wouldn't mind going blu/nin to abyssea to do stuff, i used to when i was meriting, but its just better to go /thf for my ls. Would be kinda lame if the blus died and tanks have no hate. You can easily take an abyssea mob from 100% to 20% or so with a chain effl. sa vanity. Also its fun to see roaming avatars and vanity them for 4k then quad for the kill and gain 2k xp or limits and 800 cruor and a possible time chest. (Which has happened a bunch of times) They never get off a tp move and usually only get 1 swing in.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 17:35:53  
What your BT set like? That was with 2hr im assuming?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 17:49:39  
Friggin raise ruins is crazy good
 Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-10-10 18:17:51  
Yeah that was 2 hour on the open mouth prudence, i sold my agi set but this is what it looked like when i used to do it.

I would make it look this now if i could.

Quetzalcoatl.Longarm
By Quetzalcoatl.Longarm 2010-10-10 20:46:30  
Here is one from earlier. 2 hour str and mnd songs with azure lore chain efflux 300 tp whirl of rage.

The 4.2k i think got a sneak attack.
 Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxz
user: cloudxz
By Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxz 2010-10-11 01:03:07  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
imo the best way to cap lights is off Ephmeral mobs. Kill 3 with azure killshots, 3 with pearl killshots, and 3 with amber kill shots, and then start fighting the family of your choice. Can start out with capped azure/pearl/amber right off the bat.

Do the lights from Ephemeral mobs deplete faster than the ones from a family of mobs?

We did 3 azure and pearl kills on Ephemeral mobs and then when we nuke-gaed a bunch of flys in Misareaux we didn't get many chests. I'm thinking that pearl from Ephemeral mobs doesn't give 10 like azure does.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-11 01:04:39  
Light's don't deplete do they =.=a?
 Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxz
user: cloudxz
By Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxz 2010-10-11 01:10:59  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Light's don't deplete do they =.=a?
I really don't know. I just heard from word of mouth that they do.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-11 01:12:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Longarm said:
Yeah that was 2 hour on the open mouth prudence, i sold my agi set but this is what it looked like when i used to do it.

I would make it look this now if i could.

ok, this is what I don't understand about some of your sets, and plz clarify this for me. I'm not the best blu out there and this is a genuine question. Why on earth would you have a staff on main hand for that spell (along with whirl of rage)? Isn't your m.acc for physical spells also in-part calculated by your melee acc? Blu has garbage staff skill. Is the stat mod (agi/dex which can easily be moded with swords with ToM) really worth the major loss of acc? Even with sushi which gives +% acc wouldn't hold much weight with a staff, would it?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-11 01:14:34  
He is using sneak attack, if the spell is a one hit then theres no chance of missing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-11 01:16:35  
ur late
[+]
First Page 2