Is Yoga Anti-christian? (news Report)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Is yoga anti-christian? (news report)
Is yoga anti-christian? (news report)
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-08 10:07:06  
http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/top-stories/Is-Yoga-Anti-Christian-104540334.html

saw this on the news last night. gave me some lulz.

what do you think?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-08 10:08:49  
Ofcourse it is anti-christian. Everything is.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-08 10:08:53  
First off, this is Fox News. They're as good as the blind/deaf/mute guy who sits on his stoop every day.

Second, Yoga is anti-Christian, just like every other idea/activity/fact there is out there.

Third, Yoga is awesome in an all-female class :D
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-08 10:09:23  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-10-08 10:25:55  
As I'm sure you all know by now, I was raised in a strict Christian household. I was not allowed to do yoga because of the so-called meditation. The reason given to me as to why not was something along the lines of a blank mind is the devil's mind, just like idle hands are the devil's hands. Also, there was an incorrect assumption that yoga's meditation was sitting around chanting demon's names or something.

I never pushed it because it simply wasn't worth it to fight over, but after I left my parents' home and went to college, I took a few yoga classes. Needless to say, the 'meditation' is simply sitting still and breathing, or sometime laying down and mentally relaxing. There is nothing satanic or demonic about it. Don't bother trying to convince my stepmother though, it will only give you headaches. Just smile and nod so the woman thinks you are doing things her way, then go off and do precisely as you please.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-10 04:20:35  
Odin.Liela said:
As I'm sure you all know by now, I was raised in a strict Christian household. I was not allowed to do yoga because of the so-called meditation. The reason given to me as to why not was something along the lines of a blank mind is the devil's mind, just like idle hands are the devil's hands. Also, there was an incorrect assumption that yoga's meditation was sitting around chanting demon's names or something.

I never pushed it because it simply wasn't worth it to fight over, but after I left my parents' home and went to college, I took a few yoga classes. Needless to say, the 'meditation' is simply sitting still and breathing, or sometime laying down and mentally relaxing. There is nothing satanic or demonic about it. Don't bother trying to convince my stepmother though, it will only give you headaches. Just smile and nod so the woman thinks you are doing things her way, then go off and do precisely as you please.
If you could convince religious people to logic, then they wouldn't be religious, no?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-10 04:24:17  
Normal calisthenics and 10-15 of stretching is more beneficial than yoga could ever be.

Yoga just seems like another religion to me, and that's probably why they hate it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-10 04:26:03  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Normal calisthenics and 10-15 of stretching is more beneficial than yoga could ever be.

Yoga just seems like another religion to me, and that's probably why they hate it.
the ***looks nuts, but I don't see it qualifying as a religion, maybe a cult of some odd form but it's a matter of personal definition I guess, then again who really cares what the christians think about anything? really?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-10 04:32:14  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

the ***looks nuts, but I don't see it qualifying as a religion, maybe a cult of some odd form but it's a matter of personal definition I guess, then again who really cares what the christians think about anything? really?
{True Strike}
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-10 05:04:45  
Yoga makes you *** flexible. ***is nuts lol. Kinda fun too, and relaxing once you get over the fact that you look goofy as hell while doing it. It's cool stuff. I love it.

On the topic, though. Basically what KFH said. It's Fox news. Nuff said.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 05:06:19  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Pretty sure christianity is anti-christian.

[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 05:07:44  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

You would probably be correct in that assumption. The Good Book of Contradiction, after all!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 05:07:59  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
If you could convince religious people to logic, then they wouldn't be religious, no?
This sounds familar... oh wait my avatar is of House :)

[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 05:12:36  
I never got told how or why but I was banned from watching Rockos Modern life when I was a kid because supposedly it was satanic
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-10 05:13:33  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

Bahamut.Serj said:
Yoga makes you *** flexible. ***is nuts lol. Kinda fun too, and relaxing once you get over the fact that you look goofy as hell while doing it. It's cool stuff. I love it.

On the topic, though. Basically what KFH said. It's Fox news. Nuff said.

LMAO! I think fox news found its next story! "Christians find Christianity to be Anti-Christian."
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 05:27:23  
Lol

Was looking up random stuff and apparently Happy feet is anti-christian
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-10 05:40:06  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lol

I lol'd. Happy feet
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-10 05:55:24  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-10 06:01:06  
Christianity is Anti-Athiest. I find it very insensitive

/sniffle
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-10 06:13:15  
Shiva.Khimaira said:

/sniffle
/comfort
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 06:25:36  
Shiva.Khimaira said:

/sniffle
You should bring it up with fox news
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 06:31:14  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lol

I lol'd. Happy feet

Good Lord. Err I mean.. What the *** is this? O.o

Happy Feet.. Really?

I just died a little inside today after reading that.
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-10-10 06:42:36  
well im catholic... and i dont believe that its anti-christian... (thought i am a CE catholic)
yoga is pretty cool IMO... i took a class my freshman year of college with a buddy of mine to meet girls... worked out pretty well lol, but the teacher was off her rocker, a old hippy.... and very odd
 Asura.Masekase
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-10 06:44:17  
I am not cristian but have to say it is anti cristian I suppose.

Seeing as it was originally a form of praying to gods. People need to realise things change and that yoga was also used for relaxation.

As for the vatican/roman catholics preaching against it. Really they have no room to lecture anyone on what they should or shouldnt do. After they cover up pedo priests.

[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-10-10 06:51:46  
Asura.Masekase said:
I am not cristian but have to say it is anti cristian I suppose.

Seeing as it was originally a form of praying to gods. People need to realise things change and that yoga was also used for relaxation.

As for the vatican/roman catholics preaching against it. Really they have no room to lecture anyone on what they should or shouldnt do. After they cover up pedo priests.

the catholic church as it is now, is simply a government like all others, they have their problems and they try to cover it up....

i follow the fundamental values, but i dont really believe in the church itself anymore... it has strayed from a good path down one that i dont agree with (not recently but over years and years of crap.. to what it is now)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-10 07:12:25  
I normally don't pay attention to this, but apparently someone is rating down posts that bash Fox News in this thread. LMFAO!

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-10 07:22:00  
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-10-10 07:23:06  
Odin.Liela said:

Pretty much what Liela said hehe.

I'm a Christian and do Yoga! :D yoga is probably one of the most relaxing things you can do, and an amazing workout to boot.

I find the people that call these things 'Anti-Christian' absolutely hilarious, and that's coming from a Christian woman >< lol.
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-10 07:25:07  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I normally don't pay attention to this, but apparently someone is rating down posts that bash Fox News in this thread. LMFAO!

Fixed that problem. :D Openly admitting to addressing that issue.
Fox News is not news. I categorize it as "diarrhea of the mouth."
Being a Catholic myself (I use the term very loosely) I find half the ***they spew on that channel hilarious anyway.
If theres one thing Fox News is good for its The Daily Show/Colbert Report fodder.

::EDIT::
Inb4ratedowns 8D
[+]