users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » solo ISNM3k
solo ISNM3k
 Lakshmi.Greggles
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-10-07 05:27:42  
You can use Emiko's UI without the icons but then look on BG for Rog's 57.dat. I think he has everything updated, except Animus Augeo and Pennant that I know of.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-07 05:41:03  
I use FFXI View, its pretty decent.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-10-07 05:45:05  
Yeah, it's not bad. I just don't like the huge Utsu numbers :X Rog's has the original utsu icon and I just made it so the status timers are at the top of the icon rather than the bottom.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-07 05:48:46  
I just changed to FFXI View, big utsu numbers gonna take a while to get used to, but everything else seems to be in order. Now my question is, how do people change the icons next to their name? Like, putting a GM icon etc next to their name?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-07 06:58:49  
They are either using a bot or gearmod I believe.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-07 07:06:06  
It's Gearmod, though why everybody wants to look like a GM is beyond me.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-07 07:09:20  
Ramuh.Laffter said:

Only reason I ever used it was if I got stuck behind a crowd of people or going to an AH.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-10-07 07:28:37  
nice solo, i didn't know they fade away when you keep them asleep
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-07 14:32:48  
Ramuh.Laffter said:

I don't, it was just bothering me the past few days.

And last, hate to be that guy with all the questions. Draylo, where did you get your sword .DAT?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-08 08:32:39  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

I don't, it was just bothering me the past few days.

And last, hate to be that guy with all the questions. Draylo, where did you get your sword .DAT?

They were from ffxidats but that website is gone now I believe. I still have them if you want, just PM me email and I can send.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 08:37:28  
Hmm would be awesome if someone had a spellcast for blu that a friend could reference too :P
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-08 08:38:32  
Can't help ya there, don't use spellcast ;p
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 08:41:02  
:P not that I would >_> (did u see that big brother >=o)

Just actually looking for gear sets etc :X
Out of my element on this blu thing its the most complicated mage job I have seen .-.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-08 08:41:44  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:

Out of my element on this blu thing its the most complicated mage job I have seen .-.
It's only because we also actually hit stuff.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 08:47:36  
Ramuh.Laffter said:

It's only because we also actually hit stuff.
:P I melee on whm, :O and summoner :O and blm :O
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-08 09:31:12  

Well gear sets aren't too complicated, it just may seem so ;p. TP set is standard melee DD setup. Haste gear/acc/str etc. Swords, for the effort involved, just do two str+1 swords.

Ws sets, really only need two, Sanguine blade and vorpal (which has lessened use now pretty much due to SB). Sanguine blade is str/mab/int/mnd mod.

Spell sets, should depend on the spell. Generally you will be using dissverment, Quadratic Contiuum, Gob rush, Benthic typhoon and maybe vanity dive. So should gear for STR and VIT for Quad Cont, mostly STR. Dex and Str for gob rush/dissv. BT is a agi mod, I don't waste the inv space on all AGI gear so just fill in whatever you have, maybe if you have THF?

Should have a magic fruit set also, lot of MND and VIT where you can't fit mind.

Magical sets, just look up the mod on wiki and gear accordingly. Some are MND and INT, some are just MND. The ones most used are regurgitation/firespit/mindblast, eyes on me sometimes... but I hardly ever use that anymore.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-08 09:45:40  
I didn't feel like making a new thread for these questions.

What's the status on BLU(or any job, really) soloing all four zones of Apollyon? I noticed I was doing boatloads of damage, but wonder if time restraints and MP would be a large enough factor to not be able to finish in time. Maybe 2 BLUs could each solo all four of the zones, then they team up and try to duo Omega?

Kirin. Anyone fought him since the majority of your LS has hit 85? Wondering if we'll ever get to a point where Headbutt lands on him. Or to where people can enfeeble him without any hassle. I'd be interested to see a BLU solo all of the lesser god summons while a RDM or another BLU kites Kirin.

I love playing old content with all these awesome new levels! Really fun to see how easy it is.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-08 09:51:05  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
:P not that I would >_> (did u see that big brother >=o) Just actually looking for gear sets etc :X Out of my element on this blu thing its the most complicated mage job I have seen .-.
Well gear sets aren't too complicated, it just may seem so ;p. TP set is standard melee DD setup. Haste gear/acc/str etc. Swords, for the effort involved, just do two str+1 swords. Ws sets, really only need two, Sanguine blade and vorpal (which has lessened use now pretty much due to SB). Sanguine blade is str/mab/int/mnd mod. Spell sets, should depend on the spell. Generally you will be using dissverment, Quadratic Contiuum, Gob rush, Benthic typhoon and maybe vanity dive. So should gear for STR and VIT for Quad Cont, mostly STR. Dex and Str for gob rush/dissv. BT is a agi mod, I don't waste the inv space on all AGI gear so just fill in whatever you have, maybe if you have THF? Should have a magic fruit set also, lot of MND and VIT where you can't fit mind. Magical sets, just look up the mod on wiki and gear accordingly. Some are MND and INT, some are just MND. The ones most used are regurgitation/firespit/mindblast, eyes on me sometimes... but I hardly ever use that anymore.

You don't use Expiacion and Savage Blade? Or do you use a mix between Sanguine Blade and Vorpal Blade sets to accomodate Expiacion and Savage Blade? These two are awesome for making Darkness and Light skillchains which can really shorten a fight. If you use it a lot, why not put a little work into making them better?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-08 09:53:40  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I didn't feel like making a new thread for these questions.

What's the status on BLU(or any job, really) soloing all four zones of Apollyon? I noticed I was doing boatloads of damage, but wonder if time restraints and MP would be a large enough factor to not be able to finish in time. Maybe 2 BLUs could each solo all four of the zones, then they team up and try to duo Omega?

Kirin. Anyone fought him since the majority of your LS has hit 85? Wondering if we'll ever get to a point where Headbutt lands on him. Or to where people can enfeeble him without any hassle. I'd be interested to see a BLU solo all of the lesser god summons while a RDM or another BLU kites Kirin.

I love playing old content with all these awesome new levels! Really fun to see how easy it is.

Me too, I enjoy killing the old stuff still with our super powered jobs lol. I really don't think you can duo omega... We aren't at that point yet.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-08 09:54:14  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
:P not that I would >_> (did u see that big brother >=o) Just actually looking for gear sets etc :X Out of my element on this blu thing its the most complicated mage job I have seen .-.
Well gear sets aren't too complicated, it just may seem so ;p. TP set is standard melee DD setup. Haste gear/acc/str etc. Swords, for the effort involved, just do two str+1 swords. Ws sets, really only need two, Sanguine blade and vorpal (which has lessened use now pretty much due to SB). Sanguine blade is str/mab/int/mnd mod. Spell sets, should depend on the spell. Generally you will be using dissverment, Quadratic Contiuum, Gob rush, Benthic typhoon and maybe vanity dive. So should gear for STR and VIT for Quad Cont, mostly STR. Dex and Str for gob rush/dissv. BT is a agi mod, I don't waste the inv space on all AGI gear so just fill in whatever you have, maybe if you have THF? Should have a magic fruit set also, lot of MND and VIT where you can't fit mind. Magical sets, just look up the mod on wiki and gear accordingly. Some are MND and INT, some are just MND. The ones most used are regurgitation/firespit/mindblast, eyes on me sometimes... but I hardly ever use that anymore.

You don't use Expiacion and Savage Blade? Or do you use a mix between Sanguine Blade and Vorpal Blade sets to accomodate Expiacion and Savage Blade? These two are awesome for making Darkness and Light skillchains which can really shorten a fight. If you use it a lot, why not put a little work into making them better?

No they are ***ws, don't care to use them just for a SC that people will mess up or won't deal as much as a normal SB + CA+Efflux QC will.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 10:09:08  
so you dont use savage blade for anything ?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-08 10:21:35  
I have COR, BLU, PLD, DRG, RDM, and BLM.

Wanted to kill some Aura Pots last night for fun and maybe get a shot at a Genbu pop. As you can see from my job selection, there's not much option for fighting a pot that's strong to piercing and magic.

Set some blunt/slashing spells and went on up. Tried it both ways, TP'd to 100% and Efflux'd, CA'd and just cast Goblin Rush(~2500). Then also tried with Savage Blade(~500 damage) > Efflux and CA > Goblin Rush(~1500-2000). I'd start the fight with this, but using the skillchain made for some much faster kills. Dunno if that's just Goblin Rush or not, though. Also, the way my macros are set up, couldn't see how much my Light was doing, but with their MDB, it was probably anywhere from ~250-1000.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-08 10:21:36  
I personally don't but it for self skillchain. Useful if people will mb, I did use a week ago on hope.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-08 10:24:58  
Yes that too, good on magic resist mobs, guess I should redo my savage set lol. Not too many magic resistance mobs though.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 10:30:39  
I know we are getting off topic and I am sorry dray:< lol
but I am curious what your merits are :P

Edit: actually that kind of is on topic since we wanna know how u soloed :P so there

/relevance made!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-08 10:38:22  
Blu specific are
8 mp
8 sword
5 assimilation
3 enchainment
1 diffusion and convergence