フォーラム » FFXIV » Classes » Lancer » Stats
Stats
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-30 15:44:37  
Any idea revolving stats for a lancer?

I've been placing my points into STR VIT and DEX, not really caring about the other stats. Other than that... Elemental resistances I'm keepnig some what of a balance.

Hmm... Is there anything specific that should be a focus?

Thanks
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-30 16:10:34  
Ragnarok.Amador said:
Any idea revolving stats for a lancer?

I've been placing my points into STR VIT and DEX, not really caring about the other stats. Other than that... Elemental resistances I'm keepnig some what of a balance.

Hmm... Is there anything specific that should be a focus?

Thanks

No idea, i dont really mess with VIT unless i feel like im taking too much damage, i stack Dex first then STR as a MRD. I miss alot though, like a ton, so i need the dex.

No testing as to if int or mnd affect TP moves yet, but i would think with ones that us MP it might
 Ifrit.Sabinblitz
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Sabinblitz 2010-09-30 16:19:17  
I've been wondering all of this myself. As MRD I've been balancing between dex/str, with some occasional boosts in vit. I too, miss alot. I'd almost rather not be able to choose my own stats, its just one more thing to worry that I might be doing wrong.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-30 16:36:01  
Thats why im stacking dex mostly. I figured the 90 dmg per miss is worse than the 3-9 dmg i'd make with the same about of str
 Ifrit.Sabinblitz
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Sabinblitz 2010-09-30 17:15:55  
I think we'll see that those who realize that ACC > DMG per hit will end up being much better melee'ers. In other words the differnce in a good MRD vs. a bad one in FXIV will me more pronounced than a good WAR to a bad one in XI.
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-10-01 13:28:11  
While DEX is always a nice advantage, character balance is also important.

Live DD > Dead DD > Accurate DD > DRK (Oops wrong game) Wiffer*

But, the damage dealt still has to be worth a damn.
 Bismarck.Naeo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-10-04 06:29:50  
LNC is actually the least sturdy of all the DoW jobs, so i've been putting a couple points into VIT as i level, mostly slamming points into DEX and STR (40 DEX, 32STR, and 28 VIT right now)

Though i think i need to slam more into VIT. Tarutaru's still dont have much in the way of sturdiness.
By Lazyjin 2010-10-04 07:06:30  
i know LNC is not a DRG but they both have the same stats, so ya STR and DEX is the main key here, but i will go with DEX over STR here coz i have miss and it almost killed me ><
By Lazyjin 2010-10-04 07:09:34  
Lazyjin said:
i know LNC is not a DRG but they both have the same stats, so ya STR and DEX is the main key here, but i will go with DEX over STR here coz i hate miss and it almost killed me ><
 Phoenix.Katori
サーバ: Phoenix
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-10-04 07:17:07  
well i lvled gld and lnc so i have str vit and dex. but im putting just a little more into dex and vit. but since im planing to lvl a mage job for cure and stuff i put one point into mnd every lvl
By Lazyjin 2010-10-04 08:06:43  
i was wonderning if i can remove all the stats and put them back again, it will sux if i want to lvl mage later and and i can't get any more points if i put them all on STR DEX VIT then i have to creat another chr for mage class, any ideas?
 Phoenix.Katori
サーバ: Phoenix
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-10-04 09:43:00  
well it says reset where you put your items so i would think so but i think it cost something. i remember them saying you can.
By Lazyjin 2010-10-05 00:30:18  
Phoenix.Katori said:
well it says reset where you put your items so i would think so but i think it cost something. i remember them saying you can.
ya you can reset but only for some amount of the points not all
By Darkshade 2010-10-05 11:40:05  
This is what I did.

BTW: Does anyone know how Fleet of Foot works? I have enough Guild Marks to buy it or pierce but I'm not sure which I should pick up. Is it like a passive trait that you can equip or is it an ability? Also YG states that it's a rank 30 ability? Does that mean I can't use it until I'm rank 30? :S
By Darkshade 2010-10-05 11:41:55  
Yeah you can reset them all eventually, but only so many every so often. I just used it and it gave me back 30 attributes/stats. I'm assuming I can't use it again until the guildleve timer resets or maybe it's on a separate timer?
 Quetzalcoatl.Rawinput
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rawinput
By Quetzalcoatl.Rawinput 2010-10-06 12:35:49  
Strength 31 (32)
Vitality 39 (39)
Dexterity 48 (50)
Intelligence 16 (16) (Not raised)
Mind 31 (31)
Piety 16 (16) (Not raised)

MND controls MP pool, cure potency, and most importantly magic defense. Anyone who plans on getting attacked by magic will probably need to raise their MND. On top of not getting one-shot by Stone, you'll have a viable MP pool and curing ability which can be used to restore your HP.
By TheDubont 2010-10-06 12:41:58  
I personally would focus on getting Vit to 40 first, followed by Dex and then Str. You should easily hit this by level 17. After that, I would do (if you have 8 points) 3 str, 4 dex, 1 vit every level. This insures your accuracy and damage, but still lets you take a few hits as well. Every other level, it wouldn't hurt to put a few points into MND especially for magdef, but also look into Int and Pty so that if you ever decide to do a mage class, you won't be completely screwed.
By Norg 2010-10-06 13:41:03  
I have a pretty disproportionate rank/level, 20R/27P, and I have noticed that stacking stats when your like this doesn't do anything for you. Right now no matter what I put points into they are pretty much wasted, in the long run if you watch your stats and stop putting points into them when they stop increasing your stats you don't need to do much planning.