Soloing Asanbosam Perhaps?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Soloing Asanbosam perhaps?
Soloing Asanbosam perhaps?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-09-27 16:42:26  
I am at the position where I may need to attempt to solo NMs for Mavi seal legs. According to Nightfyre and Zeldageek on the Alla forum, that these were solo'd / duo'd. What I want to know is were you guys on BLU to do it or on RDM, SCH? As from what I see you've got leveled respectably.

I plan the basic approach....M. Cloud > Regurgitation > Ooze > Eyes on Me > repeat.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-27 16:48:49  
Can you gravity and bind? I would think you can solo the Orobon easily for BLU legs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 16:52:26  
Well it runs at normal movement speed so pretty much any job could solo it if you have some kind of movement speed or a good place to make it path poorly
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-27 16:53:18  
If you have the movement speed atma, you can quad. continuum then outrun it and de-aggro; I heard it de-aggro's extremely easily. Only problem with this strategy is that others might be tempted to claim.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-27 17:19:28  
I was on BLU for all those fights.

When you guys say normal movement speed, are you talking about Asanbosam or Cep-kamuy? Because Asanbosam was keeping up with me when I tried to solo last night even with Atma of Ambition... I could get distance on him after a long while but not easily and the way it happened suggested that he paused rather than I outpaced him. Took forever to deaggro as a result, ended up calling in a BLM friend to take him down. Cep-kamuy was definitely normal or slightly reduced movement speed, Magnetite Cloud made him a joke.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 17:25:50  
Idk maybe wiki lies again
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-27 17:26:12  
Cep-kamuy is really easy. The only annoying part is farming the pop item really. On RDM/NIN the fight took me like 10 mins with Bio III and Bliz 3 spamming. I'm sure it's easy with BLU as well. Also, I had the !! trigger on three different occassions for him with Blizzard III.

Siren.Itachi said:
If you have the movement speed atma, you can quad. continuum then outrun it and de-aggro; I heard it de-aggro's extremely easily. Only problem with this strategy is that others might be tempted to claim.

That'll feed it alot of TP, and Leeching Current goes as far as 15', and WILL most likely one shot you if it lands. It's a risky strategy to do it that way, I'd advise against it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-27 17:56:56  
Yeah, that's pretty much guaranteed to get you killed. Non-water nukes land easily on him (even Firespit), so you can easily whittle him down that way with pretty much no risk of death.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-09-27 18:27:00  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Cep-kamuy is really easy. The only annoying part is farming the pop item really. On RDM/NIN the fight took me like 10 mins with Bio III and Bliz 3 spamming. I'm sure it's easy with BLU as well. Also, I had the !! trigger on three different occassions for him with Blizzard III.

Siren.Itachi said:

That'll feed it alot of TP, and Leeching Current goes as far as 15', and WILL most likely one shot you if it lands. It's a risky strategy to do it that way, I'd advise against it.

It does ; ; Been pwnt so many times with it when I carelessly run in to dissev. Though it seems rather random, with two blu's in close, it only hits for like 200.. but when it's just me in range, hits me for a full 2k+. also nukes land really hard on him for some reason.

I've wanted to try solo the bat, but I'm too afraid. I don't have any movement speed and I know that once I'm in range, without a pinning spot, I won't be able to escape and just get pounded. But I've seen a blue do it using the ruins at the first Murex camp, alternating dissev(for poison i guess) and quad. Took a while though.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-27 18:27:22  
What about cannonballing for either Asan or Cep?

I just recently duoed Asan with a rdm friend. He's really easy to kite once you get it around the ruins. I have a pretty mediocre nuking set (teal and some other pieces) so not sure how well I'd be able to kite with those nukes.
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-09-28 13:14:44  
So I went in last night with BLM/RDM, BLM/WHM WHM/BLM and me BLU/NIN.
I'm now thinking with the 4 of us that Cep-Kamuy's *** is mine, but I couldn't be more wrong. The gravity no matter if I or blm/rdm casted was wearing abit fast.
The BLM/WHM was 1st to die and I was able to kite good for a little while. Then the BLM/RDM got hate and took 2 hits, I got hate back on me and then got walloped with a 2164 damage Seismic Tail. The other 2 died shortly after.

At best my magic was in the 3/400's and that only tickled it's HP.
I'll try to go back with a RDM/NIN at least.
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-28 13:29:47  
Anything near Conflux 05 can be kited easily around the bridge easily, mobs have bad pathing around it. Have used on orobon NMs and flame skimmer alike. Bridge doesn't break line of sight so you can nuke without waiting for it to be in clear sight. Seismic is very survivable if you have 2 or more shadows up, I haven't been hit with 1 or no shadows left by it though but yeah, I imagine it's not pretty as you just said 2164 xD Probably practice kiting around that bridge with something in the area before you waste your pops. Grab atma of ambition :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 13:41:00  
I just did Cep with me on rdm/sch and 2 blm/rdms. One who was a horrible geared 80 galka blm/rdm. Was too easy. I died once each time since I was busy msning and chating on here and dual boxing another character to a fishing hole. But that's only because the 2 leeching currents that happened only hit me.

My gravity lasted like 3-4 min each. Not sure if it built resistances because we took it down way too fast each time. Think I was hitting only slightly less on nukes than on the normal oboron though drain was gimped alot. So ya know 1kish aero 4.
 Leviathan.Anbu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-28 13:47:33  
Cerberus.Sey said:
So I went in last night with BLM/RDM, BLM/WHM WHM/BLM and me BLU/NIN. I'm now thinking with the 4 of us that Cep-Kamuy's *** is mine, but I couldn't be more wrong. The gravity no matter if I or blm/rdm casted was wearing abit fast. The BLM/WHM was 1st to die and I was able to kite good for a little while. Then the BLM/RDM got hate and took 2 hits, I got hate back on me and then got walloped with a 2164 damage Seismic Tail. The other 2 died shortly after. At best my magic was in the 3/400's and that only tickled it's HP. I'll try to go back with a RDM/NIN at least.

well you guys should all be /nin and you as blu/nin should just be on magnetic cloud and regurgation duty The NM will not build up a resistance to those like it does gravity bind. Then you can just let your Blm's nuke it to death. Might be good ro rep the whm for rdm for refresh 2 for you and the blms. I did this this morning with 3 blu Blm Rdm was a lil sloppy since it was my 1st time trioing him but we killed it in about 40 min i'm sure we can get it in about 20 min...sad thing no Blu seals dropped just whm and the earing...GL

Edit: magnetic cloud and ice nukes were triggering the !!'s I was getting yellow !! from magnetic cloud and we were using the bridge to kite
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-09-28 13:47:50  
Never thought of the bridge. I guess the flies scared me to thinking of that path. We used the big area where the flytrap were, cause of that I was only limited to the non aoe nukes. We killed a couple of Orobons after to get practice and got another pop which I sold to get $$ back lol. Tonight everyone (if anyone comes) will be /NIN to avoid cheap hits to get tp. Thanks for the bridge tip. I'll be sure to use that. It's rocky at first but once I get the hang of this I'll be spamming that til 8/8 Mavi seals. =D
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-28 13:48:01  
Can kite length of bridge or just run circles around one end (I prefer the latter so he's almost always in nuke range), either works. Anyway hope this helps! (Other orobon I know, but whatever)

Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-09-28 13:49:23  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Cerberus.Sey said:
So I went in last night with BLM/RDM, BLM/WHM WHM/BLM and me BLU/NIN. I'm now thinking with the 4 of us that Cep-Kamuy's *** is mine, but I couldn't be more wrong. The gravity no matter if I or blm/rdm casted was wearing abit fast. The BLM/WHM was 1st to die and I was able to kite good for a little while. Then the BLM/RDM got hate and took 2 hits, I got hate back on me and then got walloped with a 2164 damage Seismic Tail. The other 2 died shortly after. At best my magic was in the 3/400's and that only tickled it's HP. I'll try to go back with a RDM/NIN at least.

well you guys should all be /nin and you as blu/nin should just be on magnetic cloud and regurgation duty The NM will not build up a resistance to those like it does gravity bind. Then you can just let your Blm's nuke it to death. Might be good ro rep the whm for rdm for refresh 2 for you and the blms. I did this this morning with 3 blu Blm Rdm was a lil sloppy since it was my 1st time trioing him but we killed it in about 40 min i'm sure we can get it in about 20 min...sad thing no Blu seals dropped just whm and the earing...GL

40 minutes? Are you kidding. Duo'd this BLU and BLM in about 15... just have blm blast him away and blastbomb/regurg him after every spell, it's a joke.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 13:54:11  
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Cerberus.Sey said:
40 minutes? Are you kidding. Duo'd this BLU and BLM in about 15... just have blm blast him away and blastbomb/regurg him after every spell, it's a joke.
Lol I thought the same thing. Like I said a horribly geared 80blm/rdm a hume 85 blm/rdm and me on 85rdm/sch... each time we killed before I had to cast a 3rd gravity. Never was a chance for it to build resistance

Also the !!s change. We never ended up triggering it the first time spamming every nuke we had besides AM and agas second time got lucky with a random aero 4 by me... gogo 1 blu and 3 whm seals when none of us have whm and we all have blu lol.

For an nm it takes good magic dmg. Like normal mob dmg
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-28 13:54:43  
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Cerberus.Sey said:

your probably right but like I said it was our 1st attempt trioing him so we were a lil sloppy we had a few deaths...also i didn't use blastbomb but the regurgation was only good for bind the damage was lol from the front i was getting like 15 dam from behind i did 2oo at most
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-09-28 13:58:28  
Excellent insight guys. Love this site. Now I'll make it my business to stop n00bing it up and take this NM down properly.
Good luck to the rest of you guys that is putting in hard work also.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 14:07:12  
I'm really loving atma of the heavens in abyssea. Wish I had another one I could use at the same time though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 17:11:56  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Cerberus.Sey said:

Edit: magnetic cloud and ice nukes were triggering the !!'s I was getting yellow !! from magnetic cloud and we were using the bridge to kite
What? /NIN is a waste on Cep-Kamuy, you shouldn't be getting hit ever.

No idea why your gravities weren't landing, mine stuck for full duration every time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-09-28 17:52:58  
Ok so how I soloed ana is just past his spawn point near the frigate birds, there is a wall that will serve as a pinning spot. With the correct positioning i found i could pin him, and get ni off between direction switches, allowing me to cast a single spell in between recast of ni. He sometimes de-aggroes, so keep diss on him, then just spam quad until he is dead.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-28 18:25:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Cerberus.Sey said:
well you guys should all be /nin and you as blu/nin should just be on magnetic cloud and regurgation duty The NM will not build up a resistance to those like it does gravity bind. Then you can just let your Blm's nuke it to death. Might be good ro rep the whm for rdm for refresh 2 for you and the blms. I did this this morning with 3 blu Blm Rdm was a lil sloppy since it was my 1st time trioing him but we killed it in about 40 min i'm sure we can get it in about 20 min...sad thing no Blu seals dropped just whm and the earing...GL Edit: magnetic cloud and ice nukes were triggering the !!'s I was getting yellow !! from magnetic cloud and we were using the bridge to kite
What? /NIN is a waste on Cep-Kamuy, you shouldn't be getting hit ever. No idea why your gravities weren't landing, mine stuck for full duration every time.

Look man if you can pull it off w/o /nin then more power to you but for the average guy who doesn't lowman or some one trying this for the 1st time i'm advise /nin you never know when ***is going to hit the fan ... and fyi I had a lv 85 rdm and Blm and the Cep began to resist gravity but my regurgitation's worked every time
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-09-28 18:32:09  
Yea could easy but man I hate those people it's not like geee it drops a key item to pop Amhuluk and they take like 40mins to kill the damn bat /rage
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-28 18:35:34  
Cerberus.Valmur said:
Yea could easy but man I hate those people it's not like geee it drops a key item to pop Amhuluk and they take like 40mins to kill the damn bat /rage

Blu legs > your dragon!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-28 18:46:47  
If you are 75+ and can't kite a mob with -movement speed, gravity, bind and awesome kiting area w/o /nin... you might want to rethink kiting. Or try kiting something actually semi challenging
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-29 09:26:07  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
If you are 75+ and can't kite a mob with -movement speed, gravity, bind and awesome kiting area w/o /nin... you might want to rethink kiting. Or try kiting something actually semi challenging

blood tank or gtfo!
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2010-09-29 09:48:02  
I've been soloing asanbosam reguraly the past 2-3 days. Soloed him about 20 times, only 6 blue seals so far while I've gotten at least 10 pld seals lol.

Anyways, bring him to the L-shaped wall where frigate birds are. You can kite him around there very easily. The best way to take him down is to use /nin and actnic burst then quad>disservment>head butt and repeat. He'll get a hit or two off sometimes during this but just continue kiting get shadows back up and magic fruit to regain health. Atma of ambition makes this soloing especially easy. If you don't have that movement speed and mp items are recomended. I've gotten it down to soloing him in 15 minutes. So this is really a viable way to get blu legs seals solo.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-10-19 21:47:12  
Old thread, but what the heck hits the !! on Cep-Kamuy?

Been soloing/duoing it for ages but it only happened once. The whole "previous/present/next day" thing hasn't been doing much for me.
First Page 2