FFXIV System Help!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » FFXIV System Help!
FFXIV System Help!
 Ifrit.Durai
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2010-09-26 18:04:07  
Hello!

My system specs are:
Windows XP SP3
Radeon HD 5770 1GB vRAM
3GB RAM
3 GHz duo-core processor

I'm having lots of trouble running FFXIV... What could be my problem? Let me know if you need more Info.

Thanks in advance!
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-09-26 18:49:08  
Have the 3d resolution set to 3 quarters and I think you should stay at a respectable frame rate at all times. Running at a x720 window

Put in some multi sampling to smoothen out edges. The game will look slightly blurry, but very playable.

Oh and try to over clock the cpu, if you have experience and have a good heatsink. Overclock by the multiplier not the bus speed if you can,
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-09-26 18:50:55  
3 GHz duo-core processor and window xp are you killing point FFXIV play great in window 7 but window xp is not much a of a problem as your 2core you should upgrade that everything else you fine. I have a lower video card 3780 and play the game without problem on high setting with good FPS at 720p seeing how i don't have a 1080p to play it with :)
 Diabolos.Majere
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Majere 2010-09-26 18:54:55  
Ifrit.Durai said:
Hello!

My system specs are:
Windows XP SP3
Radeon HD 5770 1GB vRAM
3GB RAM
3 GHz duo-core processor

I'm having lots of trouble running FFXIV... What could be my problem? Let me know if you need more Info.

Thanks in advance!

Need to get off the XP wagon. Was a great OS, but it is aging fast. Windows 7 is very solid and would do wonders by itself. Would definitely go for a quad core CPU. Replacing those 2 things and you should be running most games fine.
 Ifrit.Durai
By Ifrit.Durai 2010-09-26 18:55:19  
Excellent! Thanks for the help!!
 Diabolos.Majere
By Diabolos.Majere 2010-09-26 18:56:32  
Ifrit.Durai said:
Excellent! I'll try that at...

What is keeping me from running FFXIV at normal resolution? RAM? Video Card?

Thanks!

More than likely your dual core CPU is bottle necking your rig.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-09-26 18:56:32  
The cpu is your biggest bottleneck
 Ifrit.Durai
By Ifrit.Durai 2010-09-26 19:01:31  
Is getting a new processor as easy as taking the old one out and replacing it with the new or do I have to check for compatibility with motherboard?
 Diabolos.Majere
By Diabolos.Majere 2010-09-26 19:04:28  
Just need the same socket type as your mobo. Having a dual core, yours is probably a socket 775, but always check to make sure. >.>
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-09-26 19:04:31  
You have to check compatibility with your motherboard. I assume it's a 775 socket cpu.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-09-26 19:06:41  
You're better off saving for a i5 system, or hell sandy bridge to be honest.
 Ifrit.Durai
By Ifrit.Durai 2010-09-26 19:08:11  
I real appreciate the help! I've been reading for hours without luck .
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-09-29 12:21:05  
Ok ive been having trouble running xiv lately it keeps freezing then i have to restart my laptop, is there a good windower out for xiv and also are my specs good? ATI Radeon HD 5870, Windows 7, i7 core, 8gb ram, 1.6ghz, 64 bit OS
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-30 03:56:35  
Ifrit.Durai said:
Hello!

My system specs are:
Windows XP SP3
Radeon HD 5770 1GB vRAM
3GB RAM
3 GHz duo-core processor

Thanks in advance!
Well specifics on your problems just might help... 'Having trouble running' isn't very particular and could be everything from glitching/crashes to lag/low framerates.

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said:
Ok ive been having trouble running xiv lately it keeps freezing then i have to restart my laptop, is there a good windower out for xiv and also are my specs good? ATI Radeon HD 5870, Windows 7, i7 core, 8gb ram, 1.6ghz, 64 bit OS

Other then the fact that you're on a laptop and they aren't really designed with gaming in mind (tho companies are now trying) there's nothing wrong with this picture.. You shouldn't be having these problems, I'm on a lesser system and experience no real problems even on high settings.

I'd try uninstalling my video card drivers, and installing the latest ones, tho I doubt that will solve it (it can't hurt). You should probably look for a problem on your laptop itself, maybe something is eating up the memory, if you have the option to, the next time it starts to freeze up, bring up task manager and look in the processes tab and make sure nothing is out of the ordinary..

How often do you clean out your computer? Uninstall old programs not used anymore, clear out temp files, defrag, etc. ? And have you ran a virus scan/malware scan lately?
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-09-30 09:06:54  
Ok i ended up uninstall the my video drivers i had and installed an older version, which was 5800 series seems that there arent any up to date software for HD 5870 series, it runs fine now no crashing when i start up, but one thing that puzzles me is that i cant shutdown my laptop without it revertering back to the old drivers
or it will do the same thing
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-09-30 10:17:25  
Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said:

I have a laptop similar to that except that I have a Radeon 57xx and my desktop smokes it. The desktop is a 2.4ghz core2duo with a 275 GTX.