フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Halp!
Halp!
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-24 15:23:43  
A friend asked me to post this.
"If I activated my account on FFXI then the same day went and made XIV using a Buddy Pass. Am I eligable for the boots or no? @_@"
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-09-24 15:40:49  
Ramuh.Urial said:
A friend asked me to post this.
"If I activated my account on FFXI then the same day went and made XIV using a Buddy Pass. Am I eligable for the boots or no? @_@"
I would imagine so, since it just checks to see if you have a linked XI account. If the account is active and linked, it should work.
 Sylph.Zefyr
サーバ: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-09-24 15:59:45  
Pretty sure you had to pre-order XIV to get the boots.
 Asura.Domz
サーバ: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-24 16:02:35  
it said both games have to have valid payment or some ***... knowing squee, id imagine that youd have to wait for the free trial period on 14 to be over with as well
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-24 16:28:13  
Sylph.Zefyr said:
Only have CE and an active XI linked to your SE Account I believe.
Lame they only work for 30min though! D:
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-24 16:50:30  
Sylph.Zefyr said:
This name. :O Is much like my own. :3
 Bismarck.Tigerlilyb
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tigerlilyb 2010-09-24 17:26:05  
Asura.Domz said:
it said both games have to have valid payment or some ***... knowing squee, id imagine that youd have to wait for the free trial period on 14 to be over with as well

I've seen a couple of characters on my server mooching about in their uglyboots, so I don't know if this is true. SE are always a bit vague.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-24 17:29:22  
My wife had an account and had her char active for months, then she canceled it right before we ordered the CE of XIV, I then went back and created a new char on her account, when my CE got here, I had the boots, even though that particular XI char hadn't even been billed yet..

So as long as the account has already been billed before, it doesn't matter how long the current character has been active.

If by activate you mean a brand new account, then no it won't work.. It explicitly says that the XI account cannot be in a trial period.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-24 18:42:24  
If you reactivate your XI content ID then it takes 24 hours before the system recognizes it and you get the boots.

AFAIK the boots are for anyone who has both an XI and an XIV account and not really a pre-order bonus. You could probably make a XI account, wait 30 days and on the 32 day find boots on your XIV character. You'd basically be paying $13 for them but I'm sure SE would be happy about that.