フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » DA tping
DA tping
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-21 19:15:47  
Would it be pointless for Blu to stack double attack to tp in? i kinda have a rough build so far.

The Khanda +1 is the 9% to DA. Think it's pointless? Could also do spell combo for DA trait as well. so that's roughly ~29% DA, along w/ +52 ACC, 15% Haste (30% with animating wail), as well as Sword skill +19. Just something i have been thinking about for a while. And ya i'm in the process of upgrading Almace. :D
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-21 19:19:31  
Haste >>>>> DA, you'd be better off going 25% Haste with 0% DA.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-21 19:21:09  
well the main thing that got me started on this was doing the off-hand 9% DA.. So guessing OAT or OA3 would be better?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 19:22:05  
You'd still get more attacks per round on average with and OAT3 swd
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-21 19:22:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said:
well the main thing that got me starting was doing the off-hand 9% DA.. So guessing OAT or OA3 would be better?
Even if you were going for a max DA build, the OA3 sword would still be superior.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-21 19:23:14  
Tiercel Necklace, a different (useful) ammo, swift belt, aurore legs.
DA +9 Khanda is easily the best of the Khandas, but it takes too damn long to finish (30 khalamaris.... not liking that sound.)
edit: OA2-3 sword? I thought that had a (very) poor DPS when compared to the DA or the OAT Khandas (DA Khanda being 18% DA if you dual wield)
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-21 19:29:10  
Wait, 30 khalamaris? The thing that drops the Viking Helm and DNC acc.? My LS used to kill that 3-4 times a run back in the day. It had a super quick respawn and wasn't that bad to fight.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 19:29:31  
It's dps isn't the greatest but it's about as good as joytoy now and better tp gain
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-21 19:30:54  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Tiercel Necklace, a different (useful) ammo, swift belt, aurore legs.
DA +9 Khanda is easily the best of the Khandas, but it takes too damn long to finish (30 khalamaris.... not liking that sound.)
edit: OA2-3 sword? I thought that had a (very) poor DPS when compared to the DA or the OAT Khandas (DA Khanda being 18% DA if you dual wield)

It does. When I did the math for the NIN Katanas, the DA Katana was significantly better than the Oa3x one (remember it gives x% DA to BOTH hands).
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-21 19:47:33  
so after thinking about it, i think i'll still do the DA khanda, but stick w/ haste. didn't realize it's actually 18% DA w/ dual-wield.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 20:59:43  
so after thinking about it, i think i'll still do the DA khanda, but stick w/ haste. didn't realize it's actually 18% DA w/ dual-wield.
Not how it works. It's a global 9%, don't overthink it.

Nobody mentioned the Aurore Doublet? >_>

Normal attack back would be a better idea too, especially with DA/OAx weapons. Remember that DA has decreasing returns.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-21 21:04:06  
Well..... if you have Atma of the Stout Arm, I guess aesir mantle is a viable option.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-21 21:06:39  
Single wielding the Khanda +1 OA3 doesn't seem bad with how powerful Sanguine Blade is. Since spell damage has nothing to do with our weapon damage, can just spam spells and use Sanguine Blade to recover. Probably do more melee DPS with other weapon combinations though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-21 21:14:59  
What's better than Aurore Doublet so far? can't seem to find anything D:
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-09-21 21:15:44  
It wouldn't be 18% DA. It's 9%. Itcan proc on either hand since it's DA+. It's the exact same as a ring with 9% DA.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-21 21:17:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Not how it works. It's a global 9%, don't overthink it.

Nobody mentioned the Aurore Doublet? >_>

Normal attack back would be a better idea too, especially with DA/OAx weapons. Remember that DA has decreasing returns.

lol, yeah. Was thinking that myself.

If you have access to a refresh body, you should be wearing that. Your spell damage through that one extra mp/tic will be more beneficial than that small amount of double attack from that doublet.

As someone mentioned earlier, go with Tiercel Necklace. That hat gives boatloads of accuracy, so it's not like you'll need that extra sword skill for most things.

Haste belt would definitely be better than that double attack belt. You don't need the accuracy, and the attack benefits are minimal. Everything else looks good, but if you're already shooting for Mavi Hat +2, you should shoot for Mavi Legs +2 as well. iirc, they have 4% haste and will be better than Homam legs. Blue Mage doesn't really need to worry as much about accuracy as we once did. HNMs are getting closer to our level, so the things people would engage to kill, we can actually hit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 21:18:29  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Well..... if you have Atma of the Stout Arm, I guess aesir mantle is a viable option.
True. Bah... I should get one then.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Single wielding the Khanda +1 OA3 doesn't seem bad with how powerful Sanguine Blade is. Since spell damage has nothing to do with our weapon damage, can just spam spells and use Sanguine Blade to recover. Probably do more melee DPS with other weapon combinations though.
OAT is slightly better even with Sanguine Blade spam iirc, though it's close. Either way OA2-3 isn't worth locking yourself out of an OAT or DA sword.

What's better than Aurore Doublet so far? can't seem to find anything D:
Mirage/Morrigan's body?
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-21 21:18:45  
Ya i have mirage jubbah, just figured the da would had been nice.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 21:21:46  
Ya i have mirage jubbah, just figured the da would had been nice.
nope
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2010-09-21 21:24:44  
hehe, ok. not saying i wont tp in aurore, but thanks for the input! so will mavi +1 also give me a reason to not use justice torque?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 21:26:16  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
OAT is slightly better even with Sanguine Blade spam iirc, though it's close. Either way OA2-3 isn't worth locking yourself out of an OAT or DA sword.
That is somewhat dependent on how good your builds are. And of course race/merits.... I'm int meritted taru so you know where I'm leaning. OA2-3 will tp faster at the loss of a little base dmg. Or tp alot faster single weilding
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-21 21:27:40  
I just recently hit 20% haste on Blue Mage and it feels good. With our constant 15% haste from Animated Wail, your attack speed drops hard. Blue Mage can finally reach 24% haste with the new legs that are out.

6% belt - Speed Belt(Can't wear Bullwhip)
6% hat - AF3+2 or Acubens
4% legs - AF3+2
4% hands - Dusk+1
3% feet - Homam
1% neck - Tiercel

Hell, I may even be missing something.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 21:29:15  
Not easy to get but ocelot trousers
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-21 21:47:42  
BLU could reach 26 haste before AF3+2/ocelot legs:
6% speed belt
6% Acubens
4% Dusk Gloves +1
3% Homam Legs
3% Homam Feet
1% Tiercel
3% Nashira body
that's at the loss of a refresh body and a lot of accuracy, though....
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-21 21:51:56  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
BLU could reach 26 haste before AF3+2/ocelot legs:
6% speed belt
6% Acubens
4% Dusk Gloves +1
3% Homam Legs
3% Homam Feet
1% Tiercel
3% Nashira body
that's at the loss of a refresh body and a lot of accuracy, though....

Bah, keep forgetting about that body. Yeah, that's a pro haste build. Throw in a couple of marches and you're set for some massive Sanguine Blade spam with these new OAT magian weapons.

With AF3+2 helm and Aurore Pants, you'd still be ok as far as accuracy is concerned for most things, I'd say.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 22:17:22  
hehe, ok. not saying i wont tp in aurore, but thanks for the input! so will mavi +1 also give me a reason to not use justice torque?

Also, Justice Torque? Tiercel Necklace brah.

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
That is somewhat dependent on how good your builds are. And of course race/merits.... I'm int meritted taru so you know where I'm leaning. OA2-3 will tp faster at the loss of a little base dmg. Or tp alot faster single weilding
Since your fSTR is lower you're actually losing more by going for OA2-3.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 22:18:19  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Since your fSTR is lower you're actually losing more by going for OA2-3.
Unless I would've already been over capping...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 22:19:10  
In which case your race is completely irrelevant so why bring it up?

EDIT: Oh. Derp!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 22:19:32  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
In which case your race is completely irrelevant so why bring it up?
Idk sanguine blade mods...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 22:19:54  
Yeah, /facepalm moment there.
First Page 2