New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Game Over ?
Game Over ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-09-21 12:56:33  
I am staying w FFXI. I gotta admit Abyssea is boring, but I always find something to do than Abyssea.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-09-21 13:08:24  
Abyssea has to be one of the most entertaining places, as long as you are not just exping all the time.
There are plenty of NMs to kill to go along with the massive exp you can get in there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-21 13:21:48  
Abyssea is only boring if you SOLELY use it for exping. Essentially the entire roster of Abyssean NMs can be lowmanned: get out there!
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 13:23:16  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Abyssea is only boring if you SOLELY use it for exping. Essentially the entire roster of Abyssean NMs can be lowmanned: get out there!

Lowmanning Khalamari was pretty fun, I do admit. (inb4 you noob it's soloable get out fagbot)
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-21 13:30:54  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

You got some new shiny ws ¿ Some new shiny level 85 empyreal ?
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-09-21 13:33:26  
Only took 3 pages for dipshitchan to bust out his old broken record =(
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 13:42:32  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
¿
Surprised you didn't work this into the title.

Staying with XI. Computer can't run XIV and even if it could I'd rather give the game some time to mature before even considering picking it up. I've got plenty left to do in XI and a decent number of people I know plan to stay with this game, so I don't feel I'm losing anything by it.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-21 13:54:17  
I'll probably play both, I'll just stick to playing 2 jobs to 99 in 11 and take about half the time I spend on 11 and play 14 lol.
 Garuda.Ivinora
サーバ: Garuda
user: Ivinora
By Garuda.Ivinora 2010-09-21 13:56:41  
I played the beta and kinda missed XI too mutch to move on <3 IDK, maybe it's the emotion involved with this game (This was my first MMO ever) And in those 4 years of playing this is my second char, I just didn't feel a spark like i did when i first logged on and started playing... .
So yeah i'm staying on XI too until SE pulls the plug, And besides most of my friends are staying on XI too (even though they all wonnit to go to XIV first) :/ is it me or are just alot of people backing out after beta testing this?
 Cerberus.Delsus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-09-21 14:03:48  
FFXI will not die bc of ffxiv, ffxiv prolly wont fail they are DIFFERANT games some ppl will play ffxiv for a month think "ok this sucks back to 11" some ppl will decide to quit 11 for 14, some ppl will not play 14 at all for various reasons etc.

Initially there will be a huge spike of players moving to 14 basicly to see what its like but i can guarrentee that they will not all stay because 11 and 14 are so differant. Eventually 11 will die like all games but that will only be when SE cant think of any more ideas and people get bored of it (i know ppl already are).

long story short 14 WILL NOT kill 11.

however imma see if i can play both games if it ends up too much i'll decide which to play, i still have friends that play 11 that cannot run 14 so they cant get it yet.
Garuda.Ivinora said:
is it me or are just alot of people backing out after beta testing this?

People will be backing out, maybe bc they dont like the game, others because they dont understand that the point of a beta is to work out bugs on a large scale, cant count how many times i went on the beta site and ppl were saying "Omg this is too buggy i cant play like this" and replies were like, i did see ppl saying, "If this isnt sorted i wont play 14". As if they just wanted to play the game early and dont know what the beta is for.

But yeah for various reasons ppl will bail out after the beta.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-21 14:04:29  
Playing both games. I hope those people who decide to leave don't become one of the idiots running around saying "FFXI IS DEAD!". Leave peacefully so I can get my NM's and have fun without a million scrubs competing with me.
[+]
By Lilix 2010-09-21 14:07:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
¿
Surprised you didn't work this into the title.

Staying with XI. Computer can't run XIV and even if it could I'd rather give the game some time to mature before even considering picking it up. I've got plenty left to do in XI and a decent number of people I know plan to stay with this game, so I don't feel I'm losing anything by it.
I pretty much feel the same about FFXIV. Though I quit FFXI because of assy people. ;)
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-09-21 18:28:33  
Lilix said:

Though I quit FFXI because of assy people. ;)

You’re going to quit your job when your boss is an *** too leave your wife and kids when they becoming very annoying to you?
[+]
By Zekko 2010-09-21 18:41:17  
Solution? PLAY BOTH!
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-21 18:49:32  
Zekko said:
Solution? PLAY BOTH!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Wordspoken
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Wordspoken 2010-09-22 19:05:24  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

Go play chess.
Funny you should say something like this as if playing FFXI and chess would be mutually exclusive. I play them both ^^
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-22 19:12:10  
Zekko said:
Solution? PLAY BOTH!

That's cash, yo.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-22 19:13:13  
There's a discount for playing both isn't there?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-01 11:13:18  
Pretending like people care that ToTM killed mid-level exp camps was the funniest part of this thread. I am of the opinion that most people don't enjoy the grind to high levels, they enjoy the jobs at the high levels themselves. Where they already have gear (well not anymore, AF3 making everything obsolete), and their job has all the capability it lacked at level low levels. I'm enjoying being the chest *** for linkshell-run exp alliances while leeching my MNK 30+, get to have fun talking to my friends in linkshell and help run the alliance. More productive and fun than engaging a mob, waiting for 100 TP, and hitting ws macro, for hours on end...

I'd prefer the grind of capping H2H skill and making a STR+ATT H2H magian weapon over seeking parties for hours, grinding only a few levels (if the party didn't fall apart to begin with), and repeating for weeks.

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
With FFXIV's release on the 30th and prerelease on the 23th, who is going to quit, who is going to play both games, who sticks to FFXI ? How long will FFXI survive till sever merging ? And why ?

- P-chan

Just off yourself Pchan

The one time Pchan is being completely civil and you try to flame him...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Katori
サーバ: Phoenix
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-10-01 11:26:47  
i bought CE. and i have been playing it for 4 days now. im going to play both when i get burned out on one ill just go back to the other. and i just keep trading. :)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-10-01 11:31:02  
I'm playing both untill I get bored on XIV.
 Diabolos.Blackop
サーバ: Diabolos
user: blackop
By Diabolos.Blackop 2010-10-01 13:26:23  
Well... I just started playing ffxi, so it is still new, fresh, and exciting to me. I can't see myself starting another mmo, since I haven't even got one character to 75 yet. So I am going to be playing this game for at least another year, until the new star wars mmo hits, and if it sucks, I know I can always come back to this game.
By Vittles 2010-10-07 17:53:52  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm sorry for the rant, the level cap increase killed a game I loved for 6 years, of course I have some opinions on it.
Didnt you stop playing before the level cap was even announced? hmmm

I have played now for over 7 years, I dont have the time to start another MMO idt... im getting old. I will be palyin FFXI til it dies-- or maybe I will die 1st lol... This game has nearly cause me to stroke at times!

IMO it was level sync that did the damage to the way the game was played. But I will still make it work... There is still alot in FFXI I have not done/killed.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-10-07 18:40:42  
Carbuncle.Calem said:
I recently found a really fun LS to play with, so I'll be sticking around in XI for a while yet I think.

I don't have a PS3 and my computer struggles to run Microsoft Word as it is, so I won't be playing XIV any time soon. Unless SE and Microsoft stop being stubborn babies and figure out a compromise to get Xbox Live and Play Online (or whatever it is SE are using now) to work properly together, I doubt I'll be playing it all.

I think XI could benefit from server merging sooner rather than later. There will be plenty of people leaving for XIV, and even those who are going to play both will be spending less time than they used to in XI. It's already getting hard to find low / mid level parties (for me at least) and with fewer players around it certainly won't get any easier. I can imagine a fair amount of people will be put off by the low player population and may give up on XI altogther.

Obviously this makes the situation even worse, so if SE don't take steps to deal with this potential problem in time it could be pretty harmful to the game's future.

Microshit* sorry, but SE just dosen't want to make M$ specific servers and force players to pay two online fees one going in M$es pockets just cause they think they can charge money for everything.

Siren.Agles said:
i got XIV coming tomorrow. im going to have both up at the same time. ill be on which ever got things going on. cant find anything on XI, then ill be on XIV.

and for some reason i recall when Everquest 2 came out everyone ran off Everquest to it. then back again. so, who knows... maybe some people will do that here.

this. there will be people who try ffxiv and hate it, come back to xi, then there will be the ones who love ffxiv and stay there, quiting ffxi. then there will be the ones who play both, or the ones who play one and never try the other, ither way ffxi will stay alive, it may not be as big, but it will continue to exist.

as for my own personal prefrance, i may try xiv when it is released for the PS3, as i've only heard good things about it so far, but it will never pull me away from ffxi, espicaly not if i get a lesser monthly fee on ffxi while playing both. if EQ wasent still $12.99 a month i would be playing that as well. but... well... it's not 1998 anymore, it wouldent seem worthwhile to pay that much for it. maybe $7.99