Whatcha guys think?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-20 20:27:59  
[+]
By Lilix 2010-09-20 20:30:21  
It's a national park, they often have weird rules. They're also pretty uptight about keeping the environment as natural as possible. Furthermore, it's the government - enough said. Just don't go to a national park if you wanna have fun at the beach, or are a news reporter. ;)
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 20:32:28  
One thing I like about where I live... We have beaches that are empty on the hottest days of the year. We had

this beach totally empty on our hottest day. had a barbecue and we didn't see anyone all day. Totally seclusion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-20 20:33:30  
FTR a friend of my dad's was at Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware and got kicked off the beach for taking pictures of the sunset. East Coast beaches ftl. I miss Hawaii, people pretty much see it as a right to be on the beach...kinda weird being in people's backyards basically...but never had any problems.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-20 20:42:10  
Flionheart said:
One thing I like about where I live... We have beaches that are empty on the hottest days of the year. We had this beach totally empty on our hottest day. had a barbecue and we didn't see anyone all day. Totally seclusion.

Where do you live/Where is this? It simply looks gorgeous.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 20:43:33  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Flionheart said:
One thing I like about where I live... We have beaches that are empty on the hottest days of the year. We had this beach totally empty on our hottest day. had a barbecue and we didn't see anyone all day. Totally seclusion.

Where do you live/Where is this? It simply looks gorgeous.

West Wales lol.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 20:43:53  
It's one of the few nice things we have lol.
By Lilix 2010-09-20 20:55:39  
I live on an island where the public beach is populated year round and it really takes its toll on the environment. We have nature preserves too, they're generally for people who want to enjoy the natural beauty without seeing a stupid name in the sand or fall in a hole every other step. XD Getting kicked out for taking pictures is a little extreme though. :x

That stupid reporter just wanted it to seem like the government is hiding oil, or whatever. But I'm biased, I think the Florida ecosystem is gorgeous (not just a white strip of sand and a palm tree) and the media is annoying. :3
By Lilix 2010-09-20 21:02:20  
Oooh yes, those cliffs are beautiful Fli!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-20 21:02:56  
This thread is now about beautiful scenery..

Carry on.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-20 21:06:45  
I don't know what to make of it...the implication of the reporter is that there is a cover-up on the part of the government to collude with BP to make the environmental impact seem less (i.e. no visible oil on these particular public beaches, even if the oil is actually present, means that site does not have to be cleaned up, there is no accrued cost to BP's environmental cleanup escrow account, etc. etc.)

But even if that were the case, there are tremendously large amounts of affected shoreline that are privately-owned, and for certain those affected owners are just itching to get BP to pay out what they are due. Even a government-based collusion to make public lands seem like they were unaffected won't alter that situation at all.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 21:07:42  
This is my busiest local beach

By Flionheart 2010-09-20 21:09:28  
I'd also like to point out that we have loads of dolphins near our local beaches lol. I've been out on a boat before and seen them jumping up.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-20 21:49:51  
]
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
This thread is now about beautiful scenery.. Carry on.

Skopelos island - Greece. My father bought a place here before Mamma Mia was shot, house prices on the island have gone up alot since.

This shot is particularly popular with postcards and brochures and also film posters, Agios meaning Saint and Ioannis ... well the name of the saint. You may just about see the chapel at the top resolution on this particular shot doesnt do the beauty of the place much justice.
Flionheart said:
I'd also like to point out that we have loads of dolphins near our local beaches lol. I've been out on a boat before and seen them jumping up.

Last dolphin trip I went on we was all sat on tightly packed deck chairs only I was sat opposite a guy wearing shorts and sandals with severe gangrene on his leg it was proper ewwww ended up looking at it instead of the dolphins half the trip when he wasnt looking >.>