Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-09-29 14:11:34  
Odin.Blazza said:
Bismarck.Nalien said:
Bannable offense.
The only thing bannable in this whole thread is the use of //fillmode, and even that's extremely unlikely, unless you straight up tell a GM.

//fillmode

Whats that? D:
 Leviathan.Anbu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 14:20:37  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Easy duo with a BRD (Minnes, Dia), don't see why you couldn't solo him.

lol here goes this guy again...well why don't you duo or solo him and post the vid for us guys with less skill than tha great nightfyre...you seem to talk out your *** often POIDH ty 8)

Edit: I've trioed him with rng cor and a rdm and it wasn't easy so
for a blu brd duo to be labeled as a easy Duo i'm going to call *** without vids
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 14:26:11  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol here goes this guy again...well why don't you duo or solo him and post the vid for us guys with less skill than tha great nightfyre...you seem to talk out your *** often POIDH ty 8)
Wait wait wait... Blazza says it's soloable and you say ok sure whatever, but I say it's an easy duo and you try to ***on me? Mad much?

If I can get a video program to work without lagging me out too much I'll record my next kill, didn't realize it was such a big deal.

EDIT: Pinning is hard bro.
By phawk23 2010-09-29 14:29:09  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:
They're on Leviathan, don't worry. I wouldn't link you to linkshell that wasn't on your server ^^ I was on Leviathan last month but my best friend quit, time for a change.
you remind me of my friend who went to phoenix :<

and side note Dryroot members are very friendly in my experience :)
Ahh do you miss him Angel ?_?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-29 14:36:30  
I would think the cannonball damage on a solo on him wouldn't be super hot. I'd imagine the fight would take forever, but if you can pin well enough, it can be done.

The minnes would definitely help speed it up.

This guy can pretty much be duo'd by any combination of a job that can keep hate and kite around the trees and a job that can do ranged damage.

RNG
COR
BLU
SMN

All do well if you have someone keeping hate. RNG and COR have the easiest time soloing for obvious reasons.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 14:41:51  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Wait wait wait... Blazza says it's soloable and you say ok sure whatever, but I say it's an easy duo and you try to ***on me? Mad much? If I can get a video program to work without lagging me out too much I'll record my next kill, didn't realize it was such a big deal. EDIT: Pinning is hard bro.

Odin.Blazza said:
Blu can also solo with cannonball, it's a lot slower than rng solo, but it's possible.

lol @ pinning is hard I assume you never lowmaned LR b4 pinning him or not he can still easily rape you and fiy blaz said it was "possible" meaning he's not even sure it can be done for a fact and he never said it was easy...unlike you who said a blu brd dou was an easy take down.
There is nothing easy about LR bro
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 14:43:00  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I would think the cannonball damage on a solo on him wouldn't be super hot. I'd imagine the fight would take forever, but if you can pin well enough, it can be done.

The minnes would definitely help speed it up.
Yeah, BRD speeds it up quite a bit. BLU/WAR with tacos and cocoon is pretty strong damage even without buffs/debuffs though, so I can definitely see him being soloable. Can't say I care to try though; already have Strigoi, I just kill him for nails when I'm bored.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 14:47:18  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
lol @ pinning hard
That was sarcasm, slugger.

Quote:
I assume you never lowmaned LR b4
You assume wrong.

Quote:
pinning him or not he can still easily rape you
No? He shouldn't be getting close enough to hit you and if you're stupid enough to give him TP when he's in range for TP moves then honestly you deserve to get your dumb *** handed to you. Even then, he has no oneshot TP moves. You can cure yourself, so why the *** are you getting raped?

Quote:
and fiy blaz said it was "possible" meaning he's not even sure it can be done for a fact
If he said "might be possible" your interpretation would be correct. As it is, you're wrong. He said "can", not "might".

Quote:
and he never said it was easy...unlike you who said a blu brd dou was an easy take down.
Solo =/= duo. A second person makes it much easier, even if you're dumb enough to somehow get yourself killed the second person can easily hold for 5 minutes.

Quote:
Suck less.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 14:51:20  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Wait wait wait... Blazza says it's soloable and you say ok sure whatever, but I say it's an easy duo and you try to ***on me? Mad much? If I can get a video program to work without lagging me out too much I'll record my next kill, didn't realize it was such a big deal. EDIT: Pinning is hard bro.

Odin.Blazza said:
Blu can also solo with cannonball, it's a lot slower than rng solo, but it's possible.

lol @ pinning is hard I assume you never lowmaned LR b4 pinning him or not he can still easily rape you and fiy blaz said it was "possible" meaning he's not even sure it can be done for a fact and he never said it was easy...unlike you who said a blu brd dou was an easy take down.
you are the dumbest person.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-29 14:53:48  
phawk23 said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:
They're on Leviathan, don't worry. I wouldn't link you to linkshell that wasn't on your server ^^ I was on Leviathan last month but my best friend quit, time for a change.

yes
/sulk
my taru partner in crime :<

Was like losing a best friend in game /sigh
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-29 14:53:52  
Anbu, Ruthven is not a hard kill with pinning.

It might take you a hell of a long time in a duo situation, but he's not hard. The worst thing that can possibly happen is he dooms you. If you have holy waters, crisis averted.

You can seriously kill him with a paladin and a summoner. It takes a while, but it can be done.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 15:00:50  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
lol @ pinning hard
That was sarcasm, slugger.
Quote:
I assume you never lowmaned LR b4
You assume wrong.
Quote:
pinning him or not he can still easily rape you
No? He shouldn't be getting close enough to hit you and if you're stupid enough to give him TP when he's in range for TP moves then honestly you deserve to get your dumb *** handed to you. Even then, he has no oneshot TP moves. You can cure yourself, so why the *** are you getting raped?
Quote:
and fiy blaz said it was "possible" meaning he's not even sure it can be done for a fact
If he said "might be possible" your interpretation would be correct. As it is, you're wrong. He said "can", not "might".
Quote:
and he never said it was easy...unlike you who said a blu brd dou was an easy take down.
Solo =/= duo. A second person makes it much easier, even if you're dumb enough to somehow get yourself killed the second person can easily hold for 5 minutes.
Quote:
Suck less.

yeah yeah sounds sooo easy lol

thanks 4 the input
I forget there are alot of forum *** on this site

By phawk23 2010-09-29 15:01:04  
phawk23 said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:

yes
/sulk

You can always get your partner in crime back lol just go to Phoenix
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-29 15:02:53  
phawk23 said:
phawk23 said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:

yes
/sulk

You can always get your partner in crime back lol just go to Phoenix
not if he is not even playing any more :<

For biggy<3
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-29 15:05:05  
Leviathan.Anbu said:

yeah yeah sounds sooo easy lol

thanks 4 the input
I forget there are alot of forum *** on this site

Dude, seriously look up dry root >.>

They are extremely nice and fair.. they won't screw you over or anything >.<
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-29 15:10:52  
Erebus is more easily soloed on the group of 3 trees just a little north of the pinning spot mentioned here. It takes a little more playing around to figure the movement out.

It is not as effective a pinning spot but it creates much more room to gtfo when it decides to ga 3 your face. My recommendation is to solo it on rdm/nin as blu has few ways to change his elemental type and you don't want him curing himself every few nukes.

Erebus casts spells based on what phase he is in. When you cast ice based spell that causes damage, he switches to ice and begins to cast ice based nukes and enfeebs.

I highly recommend keeping him in fire as most of the other elements have a status enfeeb spell that he will cast on you. In thunder he will cast an 'aoe' stun that strips shadows, ice he will bindga, wind he will graviga, and maybe silencega(I'm not sure if he casts both or not) Water will poisonga which is not bad but it eats your ss and wipes your shadows and it's just better not to let him do that. Earth is slowga I think, I never left him in this long enough to find out and didn't want to as he may have also breakga'ed. I'm pretty sure he cannot be put in to dark or light but the only dark spell I cast, bio 3, didn't cause a switch and I never bothered to try to cure him.

Fire is the only elemental that he does not have an enfeeb spell(unless they added addle to his spell list with the most recent update). He tends to try to use GA's more in fire than other elements but it is by far safer because you can easily outrun ga's even without movement + so long as your on the ball.

Occasionally he will cast t4's on himself. You can't tell if he is or not but he will never cast a ga on himself. He doesn't do it often if he's full or near full and seems to increase the chance as he gets lower. If you time it right you can change his elemental affinity with a spell and when his own nuke goes off, it will damage him instead and his damaging nuke will set him back in to fire once again. I generally stick with T1 nukes to switch him and only nuke myself when he's 2hr'ed to be sure he won't cast any enfeeb spells before I can switch him back.

He nukes for a good 800-1100 depending on element day/weather and if you time it well each time you can kill him very fast.

I don't know if addle works on him but if it does I highly recommend using it as it will give you a bigger opportunity to switch him or run out of spell range.

Feurunke is far easier and is stupid easy to pin. He casts slowga a lot but it doesn't do much. You really don't even have to keep up shadows unless you cast really slow.

As for ruthven, I don't recommend solo on rdm, I couldn't hurt him with nukes at all and he 0'ed everyone out(this was at 75 but I'm pretty sure that won't have changed.) He's immune to poison also so your solo damage is exceptionally limited and he despawns after 2 hours which is not nearly enough time to take him out with bio 3 alone even if you have top tier dark magic skill and 5/5 merits.

Blu will probably work but at 75 my cannonballs did crap damage, around 200-400.

Pulling these can be a bit difficult, I recommend a bunch of powderboots to pop and run like hell. Erebus you can probably do normal but he will catch you and beat on you for a while before starting another cast and if he's in anything but fire mode he'll eat you alive after he enfeebs you. You need a pair of powderboots for about each 1.5 squares on the map. T2's will despawn on you if you get more than 50' away much of the time. In my experiences, ruthven will follow your *** to the end of the earth and back so just keep running.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 15:11:54  
Fenrir.Snick said:

get nights *** out your mouth chump...just sayin'

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Anbu, Ruthven is not a hard kill with pinning. It might take you a hell of a long time in a duo situation, but he's not hard. The worst thing that can possibly happen is he dooms you. If you have holy waters, crisis averted. You can seriously kill him with a paladin and a summoner. It takes a while, but it can be done.

yeah i know man I just find it funny that a few people who responded are talking like the ***is a cake walk...I guess thats why every blu has a Oat damage antea because this guys is just so easy fukin easy lol

Dude, seriously look up dry root >.> They are extremely nice and fair.. they won't screw you over or anything >.<
yeah I did bro thanks again for the info
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-29 15:19:00  
lol u are welcome sis >.> rofl

:D and tell them angel says hi and ty again for my rdm af3 feeeties :D
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 15:20:31  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

get nights *** out your mouth chump...just sayin'

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Anbu, Ruthven is not a hard kill with pinning. It might take you a hell of a long time in a duo situation, but he's not hard. The worst thing that can possibly happen is he dooms you. If you have holy waters, crisis averted. You can seriously kill him with a paladin and a summoner. It takes a while, but it can be done.

yeah i know man I just find it funny that a few people who responded are talking like the ***is a cake walk...I guess thats why every blu has a Oat damage antea because this guys is just so easy fukin easy lol

Dude, seriously look up dry root >.> They are extremely nice and fair.. they won't screw you over or anything >.<
yeah I did bro thanks again for the info
People are saying he's easy cause he is easy. You *** suck.

And not many BLUs have OAT sword cause most BLUs don't know how to gear their ***awful job for ***. I'll give you credit for at least trying to make yourself better by working on OAT sword. But if you think LR is hard, than I think you have a lot more to worry about.
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-09-29 15:29:29  
Whoa! I look away from this thread for an hour and it's a flame war...

/grabs popcorn
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 15:38:46  
Phoenix.Lithical said:
Whoa! I look away from this thread for an hour and it's a flame war... /grabs popcorn

8) ....nothing like the ffxiah forums to burn time @ work

Fenrir.Snick said:
People are saying he's easy cause he is easy. You *** suck. And not many BLUs have OAT sword cause most BLUs don't know how to gear their ***awful job for ***. I'll give you credit for at least trying to make yourself better by working on OAT sword. But if you think LR is hard, than I think you have a lot more to worry about.

your what is considered the eptomie of a tard...

Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 15:40:29  
Hey, least I can duo LR~
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-09-29 15:41:24  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Hey, least I can duo LR~

Almost a year ago called, they said they didnt give a ***.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 15:42:33  
Asura.Matzilla said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Hey, least I can duo LR~

Obviously some people do, because Night and I are being made heretics for saying LR is easy :o
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-29 15:43:12  
Asura.Matzilla said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Hey, least I can duo LR~

Rofl
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-29 15:44:28  
What's it take to pop him and where is he popped?

Ill go check wiki, but unless anyone is a keener to be a hero typist and prop the info, hey idc.. do it..

if you do, be glad kindly.. nod!!

Thanks!
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-09-29 15:52:42  

pinning vnm is no sort of achievement :s
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-29 15:53:14  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Hey, least I can duo LR~
Obviously some people do, because Night and I are being made heretics for saying LR is easy :o

LOL tard talk
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-09-29 15:53:48  
Asura.Matzilla said:

Apparently it is if you read the thread?

Oh ***, you're just following my posts cause I told you your RDM sucks :( I can always have another taru to molest.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-29 15:54:18  
Asura.Matzilla said:
That's the point ._.;
[+]