言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » I don't get it
I don't get it
First Page 2 3
By darkchildv86 2010-09-19 07:44:23  
Perhaps because I'm somewhat newer to this game only played since 07 is the reason I don't understand why vets are quitting due to cap increase. Correct me if I'm wrong but when ToAU came out was it not a very similar boat to this? Salvage and Nyzul made alot of god gear or dynamis gear obsolete. Why no complaining there? This time your favorite job got new abilities spells subjob abilities possibly creating new mixes.

Ok ok i hear perle gear 5/5 makes any non b. hidaite job cry... Right on but you do understand that gear was level 78 there are 21 levels to go for SE to make better stuff or omg omg with the newly released armor trials update your existing gear!! So please... Spare me the I quit speeches and l/i and help me kill that punk nm that drops the Bale Choker... Or w/e else in the game you do.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 07:50:13  
XIV + Cap increase = Pissed of vets

I for one can't personally be bothered to put the work in on XI anymore due to the fact that XIV is just around the corner. The game is going to be less supported and it just feels like a gigantic time sink. Not that everything in an MMO isn't a timesink, but it kinda feels futile. The release of AF3+2 pretty much shows they are throwing every possible positive stat on a set of gear, and I honestly can't see what will realistically beat it anymore.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-19 07:57:05  
Mainreason: PPL dont to work for anything anymore.
And see how easy it is to get 85 with Abyssea. Normal EXP camps dont excist anymore, not on my server anyhow.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-19 08:04:15  
People also worked really hard for homam/ebody/byakkos etc, made sets that were (until update) perfect and now they're gimp compared to AF3+1/+2 which is a hell of a lot easier to get. Probably feel like it was a waste of time perfecting gear sets and SE just releasing a level cap lift so late in the game and too close to XIV. Now they either quit completely or move to XIV instead.
[+]
By darkchildv86 2010-09-19 08:08:53  
Flionheart said:

I for one can't personally be bothered to put the work in on XI anymore due to the fact that XIV is just around the corner. The game is going to be less supported and it just feels like a gigantic time sink. Not that everything in an MMO isn't a timesink, but it kinda feels futile. The release of AF3+2 pretty much shows they are throwing every possible positive stat on a set of gear, and I honestly can't see what will realistically beat it anymore.

my answer to this is simple 1 they are releasing af3 because the HNM we'll face at 99 will likely be harder than fafnir/nidhogg which can be 5 manned at 75. you might find yourself needing the gear to compete esp as a DD and this gear allows SE to fully remake each jobs strengths and make the line between whm sch rdm healers sam drk war dd significantly bolder. as for lack of support. hmm well here's why that makes no sense. if SE is doing it now during ffxiv launch window which is the single most time consuming stage in a games life what makes you think they won't continue?
 Cerberus.Ravefighter
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Ravefighter 2010-09-19 08:09:07  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
People also worked really hard for homam/ebody/byakkos etc, made sets that were (until update) perfect and now they're gimp compared to AF3+1/+2 which is a hell of a lot easier to get. Probably feel like it was a waste of time perfecting gear sets and SE just releasing a level cap lift so late in the game and too close to XIV. Now they either quit completely or move to XIV instead.

More or less beat me to posting lol... Also I believe part of it is that other than AFv3 there isn't much/any certainty about what will even be good next update, so why bother even waste the time getting it?
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 08:10:49  
darkchildv86 said:
Flionheart said:

my answer to this is simple 1 they are releasing af3 because the HNM we'll face at 99 will likely be harder than fafnir/nidhogg which can be 5 manned at 75. you might find yourself needing the gear to compete esp as a DD and this gear allows SE to fully remake each jobs strengths and make the line between whm sch rdm healers sam drk war dd significantly bolder. as for lack of support. hmm well here's why that makes no sense. if SE is doing it now during ffxiv launch window which is the single most time consuming stage in a games life what makes you think they won't continue?

The thing is, they should have released these HNM or really hard NM's with the release of AF3.

The BRD AF3 is overpowered btw lol. It's basically made the G.horn a waste.
[+]
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
サーバ: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-09-19 08:13:05  
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Mainreason: PPL dont to work for anything anymore. And see how easy it is to get 85 with Abyssea. Normal EXP camps dont excist anymore, not on my server anyhow.

True strike... last time I took a break from Abyssea I went to Nyzul Isle Colibri camp to do 75-76.... got bored/frustrated after 2 hours then went back to abyssea and go my lvl 80.

I think S.E. "Screw Everyone" Corporation is doing everything they can to keep the newer (larger base) of players chasing that lvl 85 carrot like a horse for then next year or two whilst screwing up with all the veterans who put many years leveling their crafts (I refer when it cost 5-20+ million and heavy farming/mining materials) and those veterans that put time/effort to get those lvl 75 Armor.
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 08:17:01  
The thing is, No-one would care if getting the 75 armour hadn't been so time consuming. Getting the level 80 and 85 stuff isn't time consuming so no-one minds if the next update makes it useless, but with some of the level 75 stuff (Nyzul, Salvage, Sea even Sky) being so time consuming it feels like en epic slap in the face.
[+]
By darkchildv86 2010-09-19 08:17:28  
umm ok refresh 2 6 tick more than ballad 3 +2 right? af3 makes it 8? g horn 10? my elvaan blu has 700 mp which i burn through so fast i need the retarted tick to stay busy which is what they want. notice the whm af3 sublimation etc are designed to have you not resting. they want that out of the game. if you didnt notice... 14's abilities are trying to eliminate resting to
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-09-19 08:18:53  
Like last night, Went from 59>68 almost 69 in 4hrs.
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 08:21:43  
darkchildv86 said:
umm ok refresh 2 6 tick more than ballad 3 +2 right? af3 makes it 8? g horn 10? my elvaan blu has 700 mp which i burn through so fast i need the retarted tick to stay busy which is what they want. notice the whm af3 sublimation etc are designed to have you not resting. they want that out of the game. if you didnt notice... 14's abilities are trying to eliminate resting to

New harp = Ballad +1
AF3+2 legs = Ballad +1
G.horn = all songs +2

Meaning in the optimal situation you will have ballad +3.

Ballad 3 + 3 = 6
Ballad 2 + 3 = 5

11mp refresh.

Without the G.horn it would be 9mp refresh.
By darkchildv86 2010-09-19 08:39:29  
Flionheart said:
The thing is, No-one would care if getting the 75 armour hadn't been so time consuming. Getting the level 80 and 85 stuff isn't time consuming so no-one minds if the next update makes it useless, but with some of the level 75 stuff (Nyzul, Salvage, Sea even Sky) being so time consuming it feels like en epic slap in the face.

so the 5 years you guys stood in whitegate with ebody etc wasn't enough time of being king?
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 08:59:57  
darkchildv86 said:
Flionheart said:

so the 5 years you guys stood in whitegate with ebody etc wasn't enough time of being king?

Seeing as it took such a gigantic amount of time to get, armour that is better shouldn't be so easy to get.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-19 09:14:28  
darkchildv86 said:
Perhaps because I'm somewhat newer to this game only played since 07 is the reason I don't understand why vets are quitting due to cap increase. Correct me if I'm wrong but when ToAU came out was it not a very similar boat to this? Salvage and Nyzul made alot of god gear or dynamis gear obsolete. Why no complaining there? This time your favorite job got new abilities spells subjob abilities possibly creating new mixes.

Ok ok i hear perle gear 5/5 makes any non b. hidaite job cry... Right on but you do understand that gear was level 78 there are 21 levels to go for SE to make better stuff or omg omg with the newly released armor trials update your existing gear!! So please... Spare me the I quit speeches and l/i and help me kill that punk nm that drops the Bale Choker... Or w/e else in the game you do.

vets have a reason to be upset. I been playing a long time and do not feel like logging in anymore.
 Alexander.Miradj
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Miradj 2010-09-19 09:18:52  
I think its easily summed up with

a) XIV coming out and
b) Abyssea is boring
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-09-19 09:20:37  
Go do Walk of Echoes... I started to do them... they r getting more fun. good rewards, coins needed for weapons if u dont have time for Abyssea, and skill ups :)
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-09-19 09:22:31  
I like the abyssea NMs and its fun but I hate how limited it is once you burn all your abyssea time not much else to do anymore with all the gear becoming outdated. I hate how they put such a small time limit on a zone where most of the newer better gear comes from.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-19 09:23:38  
It's not fun when a game you've been playing suddenly goes into easy-mode. It was a factor why I left PSU. Anything worth getting started dropping like candy and everything was easy as hell to level up. What used to take months took hours after easy-mode updates. It seems many MMOs generally do this when they notice a population decline. WoW never has to since that game was easy-mode from the start. A smart move, it was.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alo
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Alo 2010-09-19 09:39:40  
I worked so hard on a game.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-19 09:40:52  
Ragnarok.Alo said:
I worked so hard on a game.

Life itself is nothing but a game.
Think about that ***.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:44:28  
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
I like the abyssea NMs and its fun but I hate how limited it is once you burn all your abyssea time not much else to do anymore with all the gear becoming outdated. I hate how they put such a small time limit on a zone where most of the newer better gear comes from.

^ This..my ONLY gripe with abyssea
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-19 10:10:38  
Ask Grumpychan, he will give a perfectly logical explaination to everything.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 10:27:15  
Asura.Deadwing said:
Vets liked the hard game, so we're not happy campers now.

speak for yourself lol... I actually find the AF3+2 quests and such quite refreshing...yes they are pumped with massively strong stats, but look at some of the new abyssea mobs they added? Those Iron Giants lay waste to many many people who dont have a top end-game shell to kill it with...those mobs are very challenging, and I'm sure there are many others we haven't even seen yet in the new abyssea zones (like some T4 key item popped NMs maybe)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-19 10:31:14  
Can't those be killed by 1-2 RDMs like every other damn mob these days?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-09-19 10:35:43  
Asura.Deadwing said:

stylin' on you mr. vet
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 10:38:43  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Asura.Deadwing said:

stylin' on you mr. vet

You don't need lots of jobs to be a Vet. In fact people with 1 or 2 jobs are often better than those with lots of jobs.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-09-19 10:39:40  
you obviously don't know who deadwing is then my friend
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 10:41:08  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
you obviously don't know who deadwing is then my friend

I'll give you that, I have no idea who he is or how he plays. It's just that someone who's levelled up a whole slog of jobs normally has AF burned them all anyway so it's not exactly an indication of a veteran.
First Page 2 3