users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » CB FAIL!!!!
CB FAIL!!!!
By Randomguy 2010-09-15 21:33:35  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Nabis said:

43k DMG and only *** got 1k exp WTF =/

I think you meant to say "33,602 DMG and only *** got 1k exp WTF"

(Yes I spent the time to add the numbers, I'm bored)
But he did it all in 3 hits to get 100% TP by using Zanshin merits on WAR. Didn't you know that?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-09-16 00:49:13  
For once Nabis has a legitimate question here...

For starters Fell Cleve is an AOE WS (Great Axe 300, WAR). He performed 5 of them.

Next thing, which idk if anyone else picked up on, but he 2hr for the first 3 (Mighty strikes).

Yes CB favors PLD that's nothing new. But having WAR, PLD and WHM as my only jobs I have a good feel on how to gain good exp in CB with these jobs.

I'm assuming he subbed SAM. How he gained TP to perform 3 WS's in 30 sec idk how he did that. Using Warrior's Charge for fell cleave doesn't help though.

I don't see any regular hits in these SS. So let's assume this 33.6k (going from the person who counted it) is from WS'S only. The fact that you 2 hr'd counts as one action and anything done under those 30 seconds doesn't add much to your XP.

So right off the bat your CB XP is then calculated as having 2hr'd + 2 AOE WS's. Take the average of those last 2 WS's and basically I'm saying that 2hr'ing + 1.9k + 1k (eye-balling average) WS is what your CB XP is based on. For a total of 1k XP. Should be about 1.5k XP in my experience, but I always sub /dnc or /nin for CB. Meaning reg hits > meditate.

TL;DR Spam RR/SC/KJ, don't 2hr while you're performing said WS's and you will get a lot more XP. (Reg hits will help too)

Note: Kill shots will boost your XP as well. I can get around 1-1.2k from doing 2-3 RR's with a kill shot on one reg mob than what you just did.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-16 04:53:02  
The only real question here, is why are you doing campaign for exp? Abyssea parties will take pretty much everyone, and as long as you don't afk, or do something incredibly stupid, you're pretty much guaranteed to get at least 30k in your first hour, and more after that.

Is Nabis hated that much that he can't even get an abyssea party?
By Nabis 2010-09-16 08:26:32  
no lost my CB medal and went to go have some fun and get it back