New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF FTW - How would you gear it
THF FTW - How would you gear it
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-28 18:51:44  
Just gathering thoughts here... what would you wear, Dragon or Enki?

Dragon Harness Set Bonus Summary

* Defense +130
* DEX +13
* AGI +17
* Attack +14
* Enmity +6
* Breath Damage Taken -18%
* "Subtle Blow" +20

Enkidu Harness Set Bonus Summary

* Defense +160
* STR +13
* AGI +11
* DEX +14
* Attack +14
* Accuracy +23
* Ranged Accuracy +13
* Ranged Attack +4
* Evasion +5
* Subtle Blow +16
* Store TP +5
* Haste +2%

Really I just wanna get ideas on how to gear up my THF and I wanted to get feedback from the pros out there. I already have full Enki (minus the shoes), and I want to know if I should spend the cash to get any or all of the Dragon set. Personally I'm leaning towards avoiding the Dragon set altogether...

Also I wanted to throw a challenge out there for peeps to put together item sets for TP, SA, TA, WS builds. Only limitation are please use AH available stuff and gears that are reasonably attainable from events. Nothing crazy like ninurta's sash.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-28 18:59:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

A fine mix of both. :o
I'd like to know as well, and the same, nothing that's super time consuming (I can farm , gil amounts isn't an issue, I am a full-time college student)
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-28 19:41:15  
Depends on your style of play. My ideal Gear set isn't exactly what i do wear~ this is what i do wear though.

TP
Head- Turban / homam (depends if i need the acc)
Neck- PeacockA
Ear1- Brutal
Ear2- Suppa
Body- Rapp Harness
Gloves- Dusk
Ring1- Sniper+1
Ring2- Sniper+1
Back- Forgers
Wait- Swift
Legs- Homam
Feet- Homam

Idea behind it is... Most amount of Haste possible while trying my best to reach acc cap without outside help(brd), in a colibri party Using Meat dishes.I don't have Homam body or hands. Hands i would switch out with my dusk. Homam body? I'm not sure. If i get it i'll use which i like best.

Trick attack
Head- Hecatomb
Neck- PeacockA
Ear1- Suppa
Ear2- hollow
Body- Dragon harness
Gloves- AF+1 Gloves
Ring1- Agi+4 ring i forget the name of
Ring2- same as above
Back- Forgers
Wait- Scouters rope
Legs- AF+1 pants
Feet- Dragon

This setup needs work... Overall i have most pieces that cant be bought besides the Denali body which i want to replace dragon harness with.

SA/WeaponsSkill/SAWeaponskill
Head- Hecatomb
Neck- PeacockA
Ear1- Delta
Ear2- Hollow
Body- Hecatomb
Gloves- Hecatomb
Ring1- Raja's
Ring2- Thunder
Back- Forgers
Wait- Warwolf
Legs- Phaluwan
Feet- Hecatomb

I use Dancing edge mainly, so this is geared towards that WS
I guess realistically the only thing in my current situation i can replace Phaluwan with is Enkidus. I wish i could.

Love Torque would replace all above neck pieces except for my Solo. Im not sure How crazy most of this stuff rates to you. but ninurta's sash rates waaaay above whatever i listed >_< well hope this helps a little

My advice is - You know your character better than anyone else, Experiment and come up with what suits your style, what you think is best. To the disbelievers prove them wrong. If you end up hitting a snag, thats fine, it only helps you grow.

I know many thieves who don't have half the gear they should to prove their usefulness. They are very intelligent and resourceful people.

Show them all you got ^^;
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-28 21:11:21  
If you already have Enki, then i wouldnt bother with dragon.
I have, or trying to get, dragons atm, b/c i dont have anything else. Not sure which End-game gear ill go for first yet.

Edit: I use Haste gear for TP, would use Enki for WS.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [194 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Astronym
サーバ: Phoenix
user: astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-10 19:25:25  
if u have full enkidu except feet, only pieces from dragon i would worry about is body and maybe feet unless u have something better then dex/agi/atk +3

u need to gear more for the ws then general gearing...

multihit ws u are going to want accuracy first, followed by str and dex stats, with nice atk,

if you are using an acc food, then go for as much as atk possible while still being able to land most of the hits.

on colibri i shoot for around 390 acc, or as close as i can get to it. its close to the 90% acc cap.

add up your dagger skill(remember to adjust for over 200 to .9 acc per skill), your dex(divide it by two to get acc bonus) and then your acc additions to see where you are at. depending on this number, decide if you want to use acc food, or go all out atk because you are pretty close to 390 acc.

for tp, you want to have acc capped, or as high as possible.

Dagger: blau has +5 acc, next best would be new fane baselard with +9 or 10 acc mod, but if it doesnt get dmg +6 it might not beat the speed of blau/siro.

so blau/siro, or fane/blau with the above mods. or if u have access to things like mandau, x's, perseus, etc. im sure u can figure out what works for you.

head: w turban gives 5% haste, which is a big chunk, other options are homam, new anwig salade with acc+10, atk+5, haste 3%.

body:Mirke wardecors with acc+10/3% dw is sexy, other viable options are homam, and rapp harness. but rapp harness will only outshine mirke where acc is capped. and you can get total haste to a healthy number(around 20%) personally, on birds i would pick the +10 acc over the haste, because the dw helps to negate the loss of speed, and the str/agi/dex +5 is nice.

back: cuchulains for acc, foragers or amamet +1, depending on if you ate meat or acc food.

neck:love torque/pca/chiv chain. i havent been able to play with it yet, but fane/ blau is 4.8 tp per hit, im wondering if 7 store tp from brutal/rajas/chiv chain can push it up to 5.... that would be nice.

hands:homam/dusk

belt;speed/swift, the acc +haste from swift is nice, and its semi easy to get.

earrings: i tp in brutal/suppa. if i didnt have one, i would probably go for an acc earring, like... diabolos. but these two impact your dot tremendously, take the time to get them.

rings: rajas/toreador/sniper+1/ulthalams/sniper.

legs:homam or ghetto bravo subligar. if neither i would probably use... dusk pants or oily trousers, depending on if i ate acc or atk food.

feet:homam/dusk/enkidu.

those pieces will give u a nice setup for tp.

NOW for ws.... theres two categories really.

multi hit and mandalic/shark bite/mercy stroke.

for avg thief, you will be using dancing edge mostly, and sometimes evisc for random sc.

multi hit ws's need acc.

so for de i would gear the sots in this order.

daggers stay the same
head: hecatomb-anwig with acc+10/atk+5/str+4/WS acc+15-enkidu-voyager

for you, probably enkidu is going to be nice in that slot with the +8 acc,

body: the bonus from enkidu is the acc, so its a tossup between mirke and enkidu for multi hit ws, unless u have skadi lol. dh would come after mirke or enkidu because of the lack of acc.

back:cuch or foragers, depending on food.

waist: cuch belt or warwolf are both good, warwolf is cheapie.

hands: i would go with the enkidus for the acc and the stat mods. other options are heca, or for ghetto option, tarasque maybe.

neck: love torque, if not, breeze or soil gorget, depending on if its de or evisc.

earrings: keep brutal, the 2% da can happen in the ws, and over time its a big boost. i use fenrirs for other slot, but pixie is better, or for some who dont like 1/3 of the day with no atk boost, an atk earring is nice.

rings: rajas/thunder.

legs: if use acc food, the +14 atk from dusk is nice, if use atk food, go with the enkidu subligar for the str and dex mods. see which one gives you more dmg, i donthave enkidu so i cant test it. i would say hecatomb here, but not sure if you have it... if u do, heca > all leg ws piece.

feets: Heca is good, enkidu would be next, then ghetto version would be dragon feet. any other options guys?

now.... for single hit ws's..... dont need the acc as much, go mofr for atk and stat mods... but in meripos you wont be using these unless you have a sam u want to make big balls of light with or ink blots with. they typically do not out dmg DE and Evisc, over time.

so: if i were you, i would work on the enkidu feet, get the mirke with acc+10, dw3%, get a DH if u want to endgame stuff and need to make skillchains with sharkbite/mandalic/mercy stroke, and for now use dragon feet unless u have heca or enkidu.

Wall of text!
 Odin.Synyster
サーバ: Odin
user: Synyster
By Odin.Synyster 2009-08-10 19:42:05  
homam hands legs feet, swift belt, foragers/amemet+1/cerb mantle, rap harness acc rings, whichever, bomblet/bomb car, supa/brutal earrings, turban for TP

Heca head legs feet hands, skadi body> antares harness>enkidu harness>heca harness> for body in that order, pixie earring,brutal earring,acc ring and thunder/rajas whichever you have, rajas if you have it, i use love torque full time, ify ou dont have it then PCC or PCA whichever, if not the Chiv chain go...

if i see another thief TP in evasion gear in a pt imma kick a kitten