サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 09:31:44  
Flionheart said:
Lol RNG at GC.

Every other mob.

Anything else?

(Yes, this was my first Sidewinder at LV75, and yes, Bow is noob. My best was 3400ish on a Greater Colibri.)
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:31:55  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
/runs into the room

HEY GUIZ I BROUGHT MY DRG IN HERE TO JOIN IN ON THE DD FUN AND COMPARIS-

Nevermind~..

They look nice at least!
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:32:24  
Flionheart said:
AS in sky gods, or good gear?

And 800 is a relatively low WS for a good sam.

As in stuff like, Kirin's Osode.

As I said, my experience doesn't show them in a good light, obviously by server it's different, but saying numbers, and claiming it as fact means nothing too me.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:33:49  
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Lol RNG at GC.

Every other mob.

Anything else?

(Yes, this was my first Sidewinder at LV75, and yes, Bow is noob. My best was 3400ish on a Greater Colibri.)

Bore was doing about 2k with each penta on GC lol.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:33:57  
Answer me this why did SE gimp Drg skills by setting the 2 new jumps into the existing jump system so that instead of getting 4 jumps you still only have 2
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:34:14  
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Lol RNG at GC.

Every other mob.

Anything else?

Bore was doing about 2k with each penta on GC lol.

Well maybe around 1.8 I forget, I was fishing.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-13 09:34:39  
so what is up with this thread and y did OP delete all of his posts on first page?
I read about the first 3 pages and see lots of "deleted by user" posts.
:/
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:34:46  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Answer me this why did SE gimp Drg skills by setting the 2 new jumps into the existing jump system so that instead of getting 4 jumps you still only have 2
Make it more fair?
By BorealisV2 2010-09-13 09:35:05  
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Flionheart said:

As I said, my experience doesn't show them in a good light, obviously by server it's different, but saying numbers, and claiming it as fact means nothing too me.

Well considering your name is Darkestknight I imagine you're slightly biased, but ask anyone who isn't called something like AMGREATSAMURAIWARRIUR or VEILOFTHEDARKNESS, and either has both levelled or neither and I bet you they'll tell you SAM is more useful.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-13 09:35:48  
Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Flionheart said:
If math wasn't done we'd know nothing about the game mechanics of XI. It's due to math that we know certain pieces of gear are better than others.

If everyone 'put their calculators away' we'd be in a far less refined age of XI. Math is a necessary part of any MMO.

That's a WAY better response! And you're right. But, I can only shoot my mouth of because I am paying attention to it.

Maybe it's just me, but when people make broad, broad statements about the effectiveness of a job, it just doesn't mean a thing to me. I've seen most every job out perform most every job when playing in actual conditions. Shouldn't that mean more than what someone does in a lab?

And, I don't mean to sound like I am saying "do whatever you want," either. Of course put some thought into it. But if you're looking for a pickup Nyzul party, for example, and you need a DD, take the WAR that's looking now, instead of waiting another hour for a SAM. (All else being equal.)

Of course I would. Me saying that a SAM is better than a DRK doesn't mean I wouldn't bring a DRK along with me, but It's simply stating that the optimal job in most situations is a SAM. I don't even have SAM levelled lol.

Then you're a good one! I just feel sad and lonely. Seriously, that's the kind of thing that drivs me nuts. I should just go ahead and be clear about what I say instead get all ragey. Meh, maybe tomorrow.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:35:48  
HUNDREDFISTSPOWER
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:36:02  
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

Well considering your name is Darkestknight I imagine you're slightly biased, but ask anyone who isn't called something like AMGREATSAMURAIWARRIUR or VEILOFTHEDARKNESS, and either has both levelled or neither and I bet you they'll tell you SAM is more useful.

I'm actually a RDM, chose the name when I was going to do DRK, then decided otherwise.

I'm going on DRK's I've seen first hand.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:36:39  
why not let drgs have 4 jumps, its not like they do much damage anyways
By BorealisV2 2010-09-13 09:36:53  
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

I'm actually a RDM, chose the name when I was going to do DRK, then decided otherwise.

Wow, and I thought Shiva had gimp SAMs...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:37:43  
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

Inorite!
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:38:03  
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

Could just as easily be your server has gimp DRK's, surely.

As for having them both up, you're just better at SAM then DRK, plenty of people are better at certain jobs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-13 09:38:43  
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:38:57  
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

As for having them both up, you're just better at SAM then DRK, plenty of people are better at certain jobs.

... I'd say he has about equal gear for his DRK and SAM tbh.
By BorealisV2 2010-09-13 09:39:30  
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

I have basically the optimal gear for both.

SAM is more useful.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:40:02  
Im a rdm too, based on my healing of others I agree drks are much more powerful than Sams, the Sams are too squishy when they have too high a power output 2 ws and half their hp has gone, 1 ws from a drk and they manage their souleaster so hardly any hp is lost and is easy recoved by drains.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:40:11  
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

SAM is more useful.

How much were you doing with pentas @ 75 on greaters with a kabob up?
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:41:29  
why hide it, ppl love it, they talk about it all the time
By BorealisV2 2010-09-13 09:42:42  
Flionheart said:
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

SAM is more useful.

Depended on the support, with an attack roll it was between 1.6 - 2.4, 3k being the highest.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 09:43:32  
Flionheart said:
I averaged about 1600 with lolengetsuto, back before Tomoe was released.

Then again, I one-shot every other mob on RNG.

And contrary to what Vegetto thinks, it's not a detriment to be able to kill something in one hit. This wouldn't translate directly to other things, but this is merit parties we're talking about so I'm speaking in merit party terms.

One-shotting every other mob is at LEAST 50% of the total damage dealt in a party. Assuming I don't even hit the mobs inbetween.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:43:37  
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

SAM is more useful.

Oh, I don't deny it's useful. It's certainly reliable in the sense it doesn't drop as quick as DRK if attacked. I just don't believe it's a better DD.

but I'll just leave it as agreeing to disagree, I find myself repeating too much.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:44:39  
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Flionheart said:

SAM is more useful.

Depended on the support, with an attack roll it was between 1.6 - 2.4, 3k being the highest.

I remember you doing around 1.8's and 2k's fairly often with hastex2
 Bismarck.Mitchel
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-09-13 09:46:18  
As if DRK didn't have a hard enough time already trying to prove it's worth...now we got 2 muppets shitting all over it.

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Im a rdm too, based on my healing of others I agree drks are much more powerful than Sams, the Sams are too squishy when they have too high a power output 2 ws and half their hp has gone, 1 ws from a drk and they manage their souleaster so hardly any hp is lost and is easy recoved by drains.

First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 21 22