サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:20:08  
the only people that actually ever need a healer is the pld and sam
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:20:29  
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Flionheart said:
90% of a DRK's magic is useless. If you use it people will tell you to stop. Magic bursting... lol.

And you do realise that stats mean very little on gear? if your entire argument is based around DRK getting higher stats on gear then you need to re-think it. Potential comes down to job abilities. Sam has better job abilities.

And so would DRK /SAM

Subjob or not, DRK is still the ultimate MELEE DD.

Resistant to Physical DMG
SAM: Duh! I Don't know
DRK: Soul Eater - Magical Damage

Weak to Physical
SAM: I can do this, SEKKONOKI, 2 x Weapon Skills 600 DMG each, 600 SKILLCHAIN
DRK: Guillotine 1,800 DMG

Damage taken
SAM: Yeah, anticipated, Go me!
DRK: Dread Spikes - Deals so on Damage, while hitting, then if the tank can't get it off, Death.

This is only an example, but DRK is better all round at DD

They each have the unique abilities, but without fact, I WONT accept SAM is a better DD, because from personal experiences, I haven't seen it match, or beat a DRK.

One word:

Meditate.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:21:07  
And I lol'd at 1800 Guillotines, you're exaggerating.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 09:22:02  
Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
:(

What do you think Tiger? DRK or SAM?
He's biased.

I'm not participating anymore because Darkestwhatever is being counterproductive and only proving that DRKs are idiots.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:23:00  
even me in my crappy gear is doing 1200 gillotines at 60
By BorealisV2 2010-09-13 09:23:01  
I have both DRK and SAM.

SAM > DRK

/end
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:23:05  
Tiger at least normally has math on him to prove a point.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:23:29  
BorealisV2 said:
I have both DRK and SAM.

SAM > DRK

/end

I was going to link this thread to you when you got home from Work lol.
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:23:32  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
90% of a DRK's magic is useless. If you use it people will tell you to stop. Magic bursting... lol.

And you do realise that stats mean very little on gear? if your entire argument is based around DRK getting higher stats on gear then you need to re-think it. Potential comes down to job abilities. Sam has better job abilities.

And so would DRK /SAM

Weak to Physical

Damage taken
DRK: Dread Spikes - Deals so on Damage, while hitting, then if the tank can't get it off, Death.

They each have the unique abilities, but without fact, I WONT accept SAM is a better DD, because from personal experiences, I haven't seen it match, or beat a DRK.

One word:

Meditate.

Again, yes, so they can TP more, that's not the only Damage a job can deal.

Soul Eater is the most useful ability a DRK has, and while dangerous, nothing matches it, not even Meditate every 3 minutes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:24:27  
colibri - greater colibri
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 09:24:36  
BorealisV2 said:
I have both DRK and SAM.

SAM > DRK

/end
I had both and RNG > MNK > SAM > DRK, both solo and in merit parties.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:25:11  
BorealisV2 said:
I have both DRK and SAM.

SAM > DRK

/end

Do you have proof, otherwise it's just an opinion?

Post deleted by User.
By BorealisV2 2010-09-13 09:26:17  
I managed to outparse every MNK and RNG I partied with on GC @ 75. All were decently/very well geared. All it took was a polearm and common sense >.>
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:26:24  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
I know a black person who is the biological father of a white child. Whats race got to do with it

Black + White = White?

How does that work? O.o

I thought it equaled mixed.

In a paper where I live two black people had a white child, and a DNA test prove it was both of theirs, one of those things that make you go "Hmmm."
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:27:03  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

And so would DRK /SAM

Weak to Physical

Damage taken

One word:

Meditate.

Soul Eater is the most useful ability a DRK has, and while dangerous, nothing matches it, not even Meditate every 3 minutes.
A sam with Sekinokki and Meditate ready will decimate the damage that you can deal with Souleater unless said DRK has an incredibly good Zerg set. We're not even talking 2 hours here.

Sam's WS will be getting closer to 1000-1200 rather than 600. I don't know what sams you've been partying with... but... >.>
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:27:33  
Lol RNG at GC.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-13 09:27:43  
Flionheart said:
If math wasn't done we'd know nothing about the game mechanics of XI. It's due to math that we know certain pieces of gear are better than others.

If everyone 'put their calculators away' we'd be in a far less refined age of XI. Math is a necessary part of any MMO.

That's a WAY better response! And you're right. But, I can only shoot my mouth of because I am paying attention to it.

Maybe it's just me, but when people make broad, broad statements about the effectiveness of a job, it just doesn't mean a thing to me. I've seen most every job out perform most every job when playing in actual conditions. Shouldn't that mean more than what someone does in a lab?

And, I don't mean to sound like I am saying "do whatever you want," either. Of course put some thought into it. But if you're looking for a pickup Nyzul party, for example, and you need a DD, take the WAR that's looking now, instead of waiting another hour for a SAM. (All else being equal.)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:28:54  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

And so would DRK /SAM

Weak to Physical

Damage taken

One word:

Meditate.

A sam with Sekinokki and Meditate ready will decimate the damage that you can deal with Souleater unless said DRK has an incredibly good Zerg set. We're not even talking 2 hours here.

Sam's WS will be getting closer to 1000-1200 rather than 600. I don't know what sams you've been partying with... but... >.>

I'll be honest, was a very random number I picked, but that said, in one of Titan's premier linkshells, I've not seen any of their Sam's do more than 800 DMG, and one has that Abyssea weapon, and all god gear.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:29:01  
most drks dont use their magic to their advantage, weaking the vit and strength of the mob add it to yourself souleast last resort stun guillotine hell of alot of damage output
By BorealisV2 2010-09-13 09:29:09  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
BorealisV2 said:
I managed to outparse every MNK and RNG I partied with on GC @ 75. All were decently/very well geared. All it took was a polearm and common sense >.>

The anon accounts with the troll face avatars disturb me.

So they should...

So they should O_o
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:29:13  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Flionheart said:
If math wasn't done we'd know nothing about the game mechanics of XI. It's due to math that we know certain pieces of gear are better than others.

If everyone 'put their calculators away' we'd be in a far less refined age of XI. Math is a necessary part of any MMO.

That's a WAY better response! And you're right. But, I can only shoot my mouth of because I am paying attention to it.

Maybe it's just me, but when people make broad, broad statements about the effectiveness of a job, it just doesn't mean a thing to me. I've seen most every job out perform most every job when playing in actual conditions. Shouldn't that mean more than what someone does in a lab?

And, I don't mean to sound like I am saying "do whatever you want," either. Of course put some thought into it. But if you're looking for a pickup Nyzul party, for example, and you need a DD, take the WAR that's looking now, instead of waiting another hour for a SAM. (All else being equal.)

Of course I would. Me saying that a SAM is better than a DRK doesn't mean I wouldn't bring a DRK along with me, but It's simply stating that the optimal job in most situations is a SAM. I don't even have SAM levelled lol.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:30:06  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

And so would DRK /SAM

Weak to Physical

Damage taken

One word:

Meditate.

I'll be honest, was a very random number I picked, but that said, in one of Titan's premier linkshells, I've not seen any of their Sam's do more than 800 DMG, and one has that Abyssea weapon, and all god gear.

AS in sky gods, or good gear?

And 800 is a relatively low WS for a good sam.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:30:10  
throw in the /sam sub and you can meditate 2 guilotines in quick session
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-13 09:30:11  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Flionheart said:

This^ damn it This!!!!!!!
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 09:30:20  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
most drks dont use their magic to their advantage, weaking the vit and strength of the mob add it to yourself souleast last resort stun guillotine hell of alot of damage output

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22