フォーラム » FFXI » General » Game Thugs
Game Thugs
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22
 Lakshmi.Kyi
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:06:00  
Mind you if hes out of the game the game play has changed his information is getting older now soon the new players will out smart him
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:06:46  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Mind you if hes out of the game the game play has changed his information is getting older now soon the new players will out smart him

Don't need to be in game to do research.

I keep up to date on things I care about.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:07:34  
but nothing beats experience hun, thinking those thoughts is just not like doing those thoughts
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:08:24  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
but nothing beats experience hun, thinking those thoughts is just not like doing those thoughts

95% of the skill in XI is knowledge. The rest of the 5% is getting to grips with timings of abilities.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-13 09:08:35  
Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

Ace's Helm didn't die until the second Pizza was added.

Sure, Walahra Turban was still better before Ace's Helm but the only real time it really matters is if you have a BRD, RDM, and DNC all in your party at the same time.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:09:41  
Ah I see your a pencil pushing commander that sits at the back saying well the theory works but why did they die
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:10:07  
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

Ace's Helm didn't die until the second Pizza was added.

Sure, Walahra Turban was still better before Ace's Helm but the only real time it really matters is if you have a BRD, RDM, and DNC all in your party at the same time.

I never said anything about the Aces.

And even marginal differences are important in a long fight.
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:10:24  
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
I'm pretty sure there was a long thread debunking the entire theory that RNG could beat SAM, and that was done with math.

As for WAR and MNK, perhaps I haven't been keeping up. I know that DRK is totally out of the loop now though, why do you think there are so many threads about buffing DRK. With perfect gear it can't keep up.
It depends largely on what you're fighting. For quick mobs, RNG will generally win, but for HNMs SAM is much better than RNG.

And as far as why there are threads about DRK, it's because they have magic and stuff that can be used to buff them. If that's a weakness to you, then I don't know what to say.

Pointless magic that has very little use. En-dark and I believe Absorb TP are the only useful magic that DRK can actually use. Obviously Stun is useful too.

I suppose you could say Drain, but generally in the time it takes you to cast that you could hit it once more and do more dmg. DRK's nuking is laughable, DRK's absorbing is normally really hard due to high resist rates at capped dark skill, Stun is useful, Drain is useful if you're caught in a bad situation I suppose.

Wow, seriously! You've never played as DRK, in no way is their magic useless. Because it takes more skill to play it than SAM doesn't mean the jobs crap. Drain can do upwards of 400 DM ~700 for Drain II, in NO way is that worth loosing out on for ONE swing.

~700 DMG caused
~700 HP recovered

Besides, a good DRK can magic burst of a skillchain, which is even more damage, and not that long of a cripple to attack.
Flionheart said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Flionheart said:
Well that's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement, Because it depends which gear, DRK and SAM can't wear the same optimal gear for a starter so I don't know what your getting at.

If a SAM has optimal gear and a DRK has optimal gear the sam will win.

To prove which job is better they'd need to be equal, thus, you'd use the same stats, only allowing natural traits to come into effect.

No it wouldn't.

Equipment wise, DRK get's the best.

Are you new to this game?

Nope, I've see the later gear, DRK's is better than SAM's.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:10:50  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Ah I see your a pencil pushing commander that sits at the back saying well the theory works but why did they die

Yup, I don't care if my troops die.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:13:09  
Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:
I'm pretty sure there was a long thread debunking the entire theory that RNG could beat SAM, and that was done with math.

As for WAR and MNK, perhaps I haven't been keeping up. I know that DRK is totally out of the loop now though, why do you think there are so many threads about buffing DRK. With perfect gear it can't keep up.
It depends largely on what you're fighting. For quick mobs, RNG will generally win, but for HNMs SAM is much better than RNG.

And as far as why there are threads about DRK, it's because they have magic and stuff that can be used to buff them. If that's a weakness to you, then I don't know what to say.

Pointless magic that has very little use. En-dark and I believe Absorb TP are the only useful magic that DRK can actually use. Obviously Stun is useful too.

I suppose you could say Drain, but generally in the time it takes you to cast that you could hit it once more and do more dmg. DRK's nuking is laughable, DRK's absorbing is normally really hard due to high resist rates at capped dark skill, Stun is useful, Drain is useful if you're caught in a bad situation I suppose.

Wow, seriously! You've never played as DRK, in no way is their magic useless. Because it takes more skill to play it than SAM doesn't mean the jobs crap. Drain can do upwards of 400 DM ~700 for Drain II, in NO way is that worth loosing out on for ONE swing.

~700 DMG caused
~700 HP recovered

Besides, a good DRK can magic burst of a skillchain, which is even more damage, and not that long of a cripple to attack.
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Well that's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement, Because it depends which gear, DRK and SAM can't wear the same optimal gear for a starter so I don't know what your getting at.

If a SAM has optimal gear and a DRK has optimal gear the sam will win.

To prove which job is better they'd need to be equal, thus, you'd use the same stats, only allowing natural traits to come into effect.

No it wouldn't.

Equipment wise, DRK get's the best.

Are you new to this game?

Nope, I've see the later gear, DRK's is better than SAM's.

90% of a DRK's magic is useless. If you use it people will tell you to stop. Magic bursting... lol.

And you do realise that stats mean very little on gear? if your entire argument is based around DRK getting higher stats on gear then you need to re-think it. Potential comes down to job abilities. Sam has better job abilities.
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 09:13:11  

Are they!?
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:13:49  
Sylph.Oddin said:

Are they!?

I hope so, I've had enough of black people stealing my flowers.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:14:10  
Lies look at the people who have the good gear and yet dont know how to use it
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-13 09:14:12  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Hey its my thread let em talk about sam and drk if they wanna
It stopped being your thread after page 2
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-09-13 09:14:37  
Hey guess what! I found out this crazy *** little tidbit of information. Within a role, (i.e. not comparing WHM and SAM) pretty much every job does well, can be played effectively, and is useful.

"LOLWUT," you say? Yeah. I know it's mindbendingly unbelievable, but the fact remains. The "X job at Y camp using Z food against lessermiddlegreateruber colibri with haste and double march parse on Firesday Waning Gibbous Moon" argument is *** worthless. Sometimes one person is better at playing the game. Sometimes every precious samurai self sc gets interrupted. Sometimes people have bad days. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes unlucky. Some people can't manage to engage as fast as others. Slashing, piercing, blunt. There is a *** of variables, and that equals a *** of results.

The other side is true, too - stop *** crying when someone doesn't happen to like your favorite job. *** it, and drive on.

"Herpa derpa doo, goddamnSAM > you!" Glad to hear it - don't want to be in that party anyway. I see "SAM onry" *** for more often than any Japanese player stereotype. I'll stick to people who have a good time together, show up, and try to improve themselves, all the while winning the fights (usually) anyway. This formulaic ***relying on very specific (and debatable) criteria is getting old, and is about as interesting as a Lifetime "Original" Movie. (Quotes are my emphasis.)

File->Close your *** calculator and play the game.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:14:50  
I should also mention that SAM's get better weapon skills.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:15:36  
I know a black person who is the biological father of a white child. Whats race got to do with it
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:15:48  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Hey guess what! I found out this crazy *** little tidbit of information. Within a role, (i.e. not comparing WHM and SAM) pretty much every job does well, can be played effectively, and is useful.

"LOLWUT," you say? Yeah. I know it's mindbendingly unbelievable, but the fact remains. The "X job at Y camp using Z food against lessermiddlegreateruber colibri with haste and double march parse on Firesday Waning Gibbous Moon" argument is *** worthless. Sometimes one person is better at playing the game. Sometimes every precious samurai self sc gets interrupted. Sometimes people have bad days. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes unlucky. Some people can't manage to engage as fast as others. Slashing, piercing, blunt. There is a *** of variables, and that equals a *** of results.

The other side is true, too - stop *** crying when someone doesn't happen to like your favorite job. *** it, and drive on.

"Herpa derpa doo, goddamnSAM > you!" Glad to hear it - don't want to be in that party anyway. I see "SAM onry" *** for more often than any Japanese player stereotype. I'll stick to people who have a good time together, show up, and try to improve themselves, all the while winning the fights (usually) anyway. This formulaic ***relying on very specific (and debatable) criteria is getting old, and is about as interesting as a Lifetime "Original" Movie. (Quotes are my emphasis.)

File->Close your *** calculator and play the game.

u mad

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:16:56  
actually page 12 was back on track. where the hell you been
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 09:17:35  
But...but...how will we know whose e-peen is the biggest if we don't compare?

What you're saying is e-peen doesn't matter? *Gasp* Not on my forums!
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-13 09:18:20  
:(

Post deleted by User.
By Flionheart 2010-09-13 09:19:15  
If math wasn't done we'd know nothing about the game mechanics of XI. It's due to math that we know certain pieces of gear are better than others.

If everyone 'put their calculators away' we'd be in a far less refined age of XI. Math is a necessary part of any MMO.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-13 09:19:19  
All I know is when I party I dont bother with a healer i take 3 drks 1 thf 1 rng and pup at level 50 we were clocking 20k an hour with no down time
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-13 09:19:19  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
But...but...how will we know whose e-peen is the biggest if we don't compare?

What you're saying is e-peen doesn't matter? *Gasp* Not on my forums!

When I read this, I heard House's voice inside my head in his mocking tone.

FFFFFFFFFFFF

lol
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-13 09:19:27  
Flionheart said:
90% of a DRK's magic is useless. If you use it people will tell you to stop. Magic bursting... lol.

And you do realise that stats mean very little on gear? if your entire argument is based around DRK getting higher stats on gear then you need to re-think it. Potential comes down to job abilities. Sam has better job abilities.

And so would DRK /SAM

Subjob or not, DRK is still the ultimate MELEE DD.

Resistant to Physical DMG
SAM: Duh! I Don't know
DRK: Soul Eater - Magical Damage

Weak to Physical
SAM: I can do this, SEKKONOKI, 2 x Weapon Skills 600 DMG each, 600 SKILLCHAIN
DRK: Guillotine 1,800 DMG

Damage taken
SAM: Yeah, anticipated, Go me!
DRK: Dread Spikes - Deals so on Damage, while hitting, then if the tank can't get it off, Death.

This is only an example, but DRK is better all round at DD

They each have the unique abilities, but without proof, I WONT accept SAM is a better DD, because from personal experiences, I haven't seen it match, or beat a DRK.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22