フォーラム » FFXIV » General » FFXIV - Win or Fail
FFXIV - Win or Fail
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-11 18:20:20  
Here's a few key words for everyone that it's on the same boat as you.

THIS IS A BETA, IT'S NOT A DEMO.

Wait for the retail version, before complaining about bugs, issues and things that are still being tweaked on a beta, if the issues are still present on the retail, whine all you want.

I beg to differ Zekko, and ive played enough betas, to say that even though it's "Open" or close to release there are lots of tweaks they include that aren't shown on the beta.

Also a lot of people seems to be having performace issues and have strong cards, try the following:

UPDATE ALL THE DRIVERS, not only the video card ones but all of them, run windows update and such also.

GOOGLE AND LEARN WHAT BOTTLENECK IS: A lot of people seem to complain that FFXIV has performance issues, it does not, a lot of people have GTX 460 and expect it to run awesome just because they got a GTX 460 or equivalents but are ignorant that their CPU isn't fast enough to keep up with the video card and end having bad performance.

[+]
By Artemicion 2010-09-11 18:22:31  
Actually, based on some performance testing I hear it is the other way around. The software isn't taking advantage of GPU power, but rather centralizes intensity on CPU use, thus making it difficult for many PC owners despite having really awesome video card.
By Zekko 2010-09-11 18:23:57  
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Zekko said:
I'm getting sick of the "but its a beta!" excuse. Its going to be released in about 2 weeks. 95% of what you see in the Beta now is going to be in the retail version. So please stop using Beta as an excuse for the games setbacks.

Who's to say they're not going to change everything to the final setting for launch? From what I've gathered, open beta is same as closed beta but new cities.

They have already said that:
A) They wont have an AH on release
B) Will still have Leve timers
C) Still have surplus
D) Wont have mouse hardware(I dont really care about this)

If they have quests that give EXP as rewards then i guess the leves wont be much of a problem.

I agree the UI lag and ***is serverside so i dont really care about that as long as its fixed.

To Belmonth: There is no bottleneck(for me anyway), the game is poorly optimised at the moment.

[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 18:25:12  
Zekko said:
Phoenix.Authority said:
I know its only a beta and it might change at release
Artemicion said:
On a side note:
The beta is simply too buggy and merely serves as a peephole as to what reflects the final release. (God, I hope so)
Though you may certainly get a "feel" for how FFXIV will be when it is released. But alas, as with any online game, content and functions will change, and as a result so will the game as a whole. For the past 7-8 years FFXI updates have been slow and steady, mediocre yet generous, but as of late have been as benevolent as Santa Claus on ecstasy, dramatically changing the overall direction of the game.

So we'll have to see what XIV has to offer from the start, and what direction subsequent updates will move it.
Lakshmi.Septroth said:
the mouse controls kind of kill it for me and how you cant put the camera controls on the arrow keys easily I tried to change the keyboard controls and it wouldn't let me take the camera off IJKL

First quote: Simple enough, and what means the most from it. Thank you for knowing the main thing to keep in mind.

Second quote: About same concept. They maybe giving the basics at launch, and add stuff in like with ffxi to makeit last along time, instead of everything at launc so everyone played it, gets everything capped, gets bored and quits.

Last quote: I hate people who complain about keyboard/clicking. If you don't like being a clicker/typer, get a cpu controler. They only cost like, 10-20bucks, and then allow you to move and control camera, and even type at the same time.. They intended FFXIV to be CONTROLLER and thats why tons apon tons of people have been complaining about the keyboard/mounce controls. (Personal experience was a friend was playing beta, and was trying to use keyboard/mouse, she said she thinks she would need 7 hands to play it that way. She plugged in a controler, and everything became easy.)

I'm getting sick of the "but its a beta!" excuse. Its going to be released in about 2 weeks. 95% of what you see in the Beta now is going to be in the retail version. So please stop using Beta as an excuse for the games setbacks.
idk about that. i was told beta went a long way since the first stage whos to say it wont happen beta > release? im sure SE will fix the major problems with game because if they didnt they will lose a large portion of their player base
By Zekko 2010-09-11 18:25:23  
I forgot to add:

C) No endgame. (hence surlus)
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 18:27:11  
Zekko said:
Zekko said:

Who's to say they're not going to change everything to the final setting for launch? From what I've gathered, open beta is same as closed beta but new cities.

C) Still have surplus

If they have quests that give EXP as rewards then i guess the leves wont be much of a problem.

I agree the UI lag and ***is serverside so i dont really care about that as long as its fixed.

To Belmonth: There is no bottleneck(for me anyway), the game is poorly optimised at the moment.

A. they said they would eventually add an AH just not at start from what i heard.
B. the leve timers are annoying but its so pppl dont level too fast. if u dc during a leve that should be an exception.
C. ive played for a week straight and never hit serplus >.>
By Zekko 2010-09-11 18:28:43  
Well, its kinda dumb that we arent allowed to level fast because they are rushing the game and havent got time to make endgame content :3
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-11 18:29:56  
Artemicion said:
Actually, based on some performance testing I hear it is the other way around. The software isn't taking advantage of GPU power, but rather centralizes intensity on CPU use, thus making it difficult for many PC owners despite having really awesome video card.

It isn't posible that I run that I have a second computer, with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz @3.0ghz
4GB RAM
ATI 4770 512MB (One card, not even two)

And I'm able to run the game with the following options:

Full Screen
4x MSAA
Buffer Size: Resolution
Shadow Detail: Standard
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filtering: Highest
Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

And I get around 40FPS when I'm at the adventurer's guild in town and it's crowded and a stable 60FPS when outside.

Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-11 18:31:13  
Zekko said:
C) Still have surplus

A) So there trying to make people trade/bazaar at release. Thats ok, Are you going to complain npcs don't sell much armor/weapons forcing us to level crafters or bend-over for crafters next?

B) I'm assuming leve timers means the limit to exp for to long on one job. if so, then there suggesting to us that, I think its been stated, we need to level more then one thing to do a job well.

C) Don't understand really what surplus is, But you said something about no endgame hence surplus, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say its something to do with lacking content. I don't think ffxi had endgame at launch, and no-one people probably bithced about that too.

D) Don't know what a hardware mouse is and I don't really care. Sowwie ;x

Edit:
Zekko said:
Well, its kinda dumb that we arent allowed to level fast because they are rushing the game and havent got time to make endgame content :3

See my point C, Dunno if its right for your complaint, but it does fit this qoute
By Zekko 2010-09-11 18:33:38  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Artemicion said:

It isn't posible that I run that I have a second computer, with the following specs:

4GB RAM

Full Screen
4x MSAA

And I get around 40FPS when I'm at the adventurer's guild in town and it's crowded and a stable 60FPS when outside.

Have you got proof of those FPS? I find it hard to believe with those specs lol but maybe its because of the lower res
By Artemicion 2010-09-11 18:33:41  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Artemicion said:

4GB RAM

Full Screen
4x MSAA

Just goes to show how fickle and picky the software is with specific drivers/GPUs/etc.
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-11 18:36:05  
Zekko said:
Zekko said:

C) Still have surplus

FFXI din't have AH at release either?

Also I don't see why timer on leves it's a bad thing, would you love quick inflation and RMT abuse because they got their army of fools are exploiting the leaves for reward I mean more than they could already exploit, and then go to the old cycle of making money hard, for people that aren't crafters?

I also don't see a problem with Surplus, and limit on the leaves, I managed to get rank rank 19 Archer so far and din't feel any significant exp drop. And why would people want to rush 50? so they can get bored quickly because they did anything posible at that level then sit around towns, running on circles and stuff?

I'd record a video but recording with Fraps downs the FPS significantly, not to mention my CPU is already at 100% of use and have used a program like gamebooster to close all the background apps.
By Zekko 2010-09-11 18:37:26  
Zekko said:
C) Still have surplus

A) So there trying to make people trade/bazaar at release. Thats ok, Are you going to complain npcs don't sell much armor/weapons forcing us to level crafters or bend-over for crafters next?

B) I'm assuming leve timers means the limit to exp for to long on one job. if so, then there suggesting to us that, I think its been stated, we need to level more then one thing to do a job well.

C) Don't understand really what surplus is, But you said something about no endgame hence surplus, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say its something to do with lacking content. I don't think ffxi had endgame at launch, and no-one people probably bithced about that too.

A) Id prefer an AH than searching through 2435775049375 people in a tight enclosed area with lag and frustration, i mean cmon is it that hard to implement an AH :/ Also why is crafting so hard and silly? Why do most people have to use their level one weapons up to around level 15+?

B) I mean timers on guildleves. Why should we wait 48 hours to do them again? What are we going to do for 48 hours?

C) Surplus is when you start losing exp because you are leveling too long on a job. You dont really experience it til around level 25 when its literally starts halving your EXP, theres also physical surplus so if you swap classes you are still losing exp.

Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-11 18:37:32  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Here's a few key words for everyone that it's on the same boat as you.

THIS IS A BETA, IT'S NOT A DEMO.

Wait for the retail version, before complaining about bugs, issues and things that are still being tweaked on a beta, if the issues are still present on the retail, whine all you want.

I beg to differ Zekko, and ive played enough betas, to say that even though it's "Open" or close to release there are lots of tweaks they include that aren't shown on the beta.

Also a lot of people seems to be having performace issues and have strong cards, try the following:

UPDATE ALL THE DRIVERS, not only the video card ones but all of them, run windows update and such also.

GOOGLE AND LEARN WHAT BOTTLENECK IS: A lot of people seem to complain that FFXIV has performance issues, it does not, a lot of people have GTX 460 and expect it to run awesome just because they got a GTX 460 or equivalents but are ignorant that their CPU isn't fast enough to keep up with the video card and end having bad performance.

By Artemicion 2010-09-11 18:38:08  
I have a nearly identical setup as you Bel

2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
4 GB of RAM
Nvidia GTS 250 (512 MB sadly)

Although I think part of the issue is being 1920x1080
 Phoenix.Authority
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Authority
By Phoenix.Authority 2010-09-11 18:40:25  
Ok this interview is absolutely terrible, but at about 10:30 they basically dance around the fact they don't want to change their "vision" even though it is highly requested by western players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQHZgDeO8V4&feature=player_embedded
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-11 18:40:42  
Zekko said:
Zekko said:
C) Still have surplus

A) Id prefer an AH than searching through 2435775049375 people in a tight enclosed area with lag and frustration, i mean cmon is it that hard to implement an AH :/ Also why is crafting so hard and silly? Why do most people have to use their level one weapons up to around level 15+?

B) I mean timers on guildleves. Why should we wait 48 hours to do them again? What are we going to do for 48 hours?

C) Surplus is when you start losing exp because you are leveling too long on a job. You dont really experience it til around level 25 when its literally starts halving your EXP, theres also physical surplus so if you swap classes you are still losing exp.

this is a yes/no question.
Does SE release updates continually or do they release a big update on X date with updates and bugfixes?
Yes-they release updates continually
or
No they don't and they release updates at X times.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-09-11 18:41:11  
Being its own game contant and setup changes are acceptable, but i dont like the idea of mouse controlls. It seems so elementry. More elementry then my spelling.
The only other thing i would comment on is the chat box. Iv only seen pictures but it seems so very small. I cant imagin havinge a full conversation with multiple ppl in that little space. My bad eyesight doesnt help either
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-09-11 18:42:48  

Will forever have timers. SE said from the beginning, "We want people to play XI one day and XIV the next."

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2010/090910b.html

Sage Sundi says it at the beginning of this interview. He also says towards the end that he wishes "we had three more months to work on it."

Edit: My video is the same as Authority's, just from the original website.
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-09-11 18:43:28  
Odin.Godofgods said:
Being its own game contant and setup changes are acceptable, but i dont like the idea of mouse controlls. It seems so elementry. More elementry then my spelling.
The only other thing i would comment on is the chat box. Iv only seen pictures but it seems so very small. I cant imagin havinge a full conversation with multiple ppl in that little space. My bad eyesight doesnt help either
You can stretch the chat box ^^, just click and rag it to make it whatever size you'd like
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-09-11 18:50:53  
good.. i dont htink i could handle anything smaller then 11's chat box and im running resolution overlay-640x480 and background-512x512
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-09-11 18:52:46  
Fail IMO and from what im noticing people to pass judgement already sayin 14 is better are uhh?
By Flionheart 2010-09-11 18:56:09  
Diabolos.Sephirothforbes said:
Fail IMO and from what im noticing people to pass judgement already sayin 14 is better are uhh?

About the same as people who pass judgement from a Beta test.
By Flionheart 2010-09-11 18:56:57  
Ifrit.Rikiyame said:

Will forever have timers. SE said from the beginning, "We want people to play XI one day and XIV the next."

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2010/090910b.html

Sage Sundi says it at the beginning of this interview. He also says towards the end that he wishes "we had three more months to work on it."

Did you notice how he was laughing whilst saying that?
By Zekko 2010-09-11 19:01:08  
Flionheart said:

The whole point of the beta is to test the game and get a general idea of what the retail is going to be like lol 60% if not more will be the same from beta. I said 95% before because i know for SURE that in 2 weeks hardly anything iwll change from the beta besides serverside issues and UI lag.

Cant expect them to balance classes/create endgame/create economic progression/finalise the game within 2 weeks.
 Phoenix.Avelle
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-11 19:03:10  
Sylph.Belmonth said:
Artemicion said:

4GB RAM

Full Screen
4x MSAA

I run a Core i7 920 with 6gigs of Corsair Dominator memory and a Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vaporx 1gb card and the game uses all my gpu power outside of town and I get 60fps, but the second I step inside town its 50-60% and I suddenly get fps in the 20s. My settings are identical to yours except I run 1920x1200 and no AA. This is obviously a bottleneck issue and not optimization right? :P
By Flionheart 2010-09-11 19:03:42  
Zekko said:
Flionheart said:

The whole point of the beta is to test the game and get a general idea of what the retail is going to be like lol 60% if not more will be the same from beta. I said 95% before because i know for SURE that in 2 weeks hardly anything iwll change from the beta besides serverside issues and UI lag.

Cant expect them to balance classes/create endgame/create economic progression/finalise the game within 2 weeks.

No, that's a Demo. XI didn't have end-game on release either.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-11 19:06:46  
Zekko said:

Your 100% right. They've done it before open beta was even open. Thanks for noticing our point :D
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-11 19:07:44  
I agree wait for the retail, yup, yup, everyone be equal and be free.
By Zekko 2010-09-11 19:08:54  
Are you guys playing the same Beta as me? :/ The game sucks in comparison to ffxi -.-
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15