FFXIV - Win or Fail
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-15 07:15:52  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
I just said meh WTH.. DL the benchmark and ran the movie..

I scored 675 with a run time of 52486...

So does this mean I can run it???

I still need to apply b4 it closes I see..

You need a minimum score of 1500 according to the website to even attempt to run FFXIV on the lowest possible settings.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-15 07:30:52  
Asura.Calatilla said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

You need a minimum score of 1500 according to the website to even attempt to run FFXIV on the lowest possible settings.
So where do I check it out b4 even going ahead, or have I failed???

I would assume I would check it out b4 listening to anyone elses word...
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-09-15 07:33:16  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Out of the 10 ls I have with 100+ people 2 said they would be getting it the rest said no Im not bothering.
If your going to slate posts at least read the information. This thread is about fail or win....wheres your support for either.

[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-15 07:38:10  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

So where do I check it out b4 even going ahead, or have I failed???

I would assume I would check it out b4 listening to anyone elses word...

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/

Bottom of the page it tells you the score ranking for the benchmark
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-15 07:42:53  
I scored 790 on my first run on the laptop... it plays it on medium quite well. Give it a shot. The worst that could happen is it won't play. :)

Also, do the damn questlines people! The storyline is already epic and immersive. It pulls you in.

I originally gave FFXIV a pass... then I did the mission quests... /sigh. I was going to wait til March to play... this is no longer the case. This game is amazing already and the planned improvements are almost too ambitious to believe.

Give it a shot. Don't judge the game simply because die hard FFXI fans aren't going to give it a second look. If you want a new MMO, it's certainly worthy of your attention.

[+]
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2010-09-15 07:43:28  
"unplayable" is really what your willing to deal with.
switching from my Nvidia 8600? (600~ score) to my new 9800 (1,600~ score) defiantly improved how well I can run the beta client. But I could run it with either. The major difference is that PC's & NPC's in crowded locations load much faster with the new card. I imagine if I had spent more than 60$ I could have gotten a much better card and have less lag but it's doable for me (better than PS2 with ancient jueno bazaar lag).

Now as to why I think it's worth shelling out 75$ & $$/month & upgrading my PC?

FF-XI went stagnant for me a few months ago, and eventually I just cut out playing because I didn't really enjoy the time sink anymore.
-I still troll the forums here because I like the pics that make you LOL thread.

so I guess I'm just looking for something which can steal me away to embrace a new world again.

I like the levequest system. It's more akin to MMM in FFXI then the quest system, has tangible rewards & is easy to expand on.

I think I approve of the Fatigue system. I believe i hit this the first week of OB, I got "bonus" experience which eventually got me to "bonus level 1". I had a fair bit of time off that week and it took a good chunk of work. but I didn't feel limited by it. I think it will help encourage players (in the beginning) to try and take advantage of cross-class abilities and make different builds and play sytles arise.

I really like the change to the Missions! They actually TELL you where you need to go, and the record of it in your log is clear.

ok Item decay sucks, but I think it does help make a market for repairs and new products to be sold. Items don't disintegrate at 0 dura so you still can get anything fixed.

crafting lag in beta has pushed me away from it, but SE has mentioned that they've improved that for retail. I really hope to be able to get into the system and enjoy it just like I did XI.

I guess if I had to say the 1 thing which really will make or break FFXIV for me as a game, is friends. I've lost a lot in XI even if we keep in touch and making new ones just gets harder as people become more focused on content than just enjoyment. I hope to be able to meet people that I can just chat with while I'm doing whatever and maybe work together to do something we find challenging.

It's a new world with new possibilities.
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-09-15 07:52:22  
i know i can't speak for anyone else in the matter, like it was stated before, but here's my opinions on the game.

1: There may be fewer classes, but come on, look at the bigger picture. You can swap and use any classes from the other jobs you've leveled, creating an entirely new class that only you have made.

2: The game is beautiful. 'nuff said.

3: {Adventure} {Do you need it?}

Like most people on this forum, I previously played FFXI before coming to the FFXIV Beta. FFXI started getting.. tiresome. Was it fun knowing your way through all the zones and memorizing all facets of the game? It wasn't adventuring anymore. If you didn't know something, you could just look it up on FFXIclopedia. In FFXIV, everyone is new, so you're free to make your own path instead of the, "YOU MUST HAVE THIS GEAR OR YOU ARE A NOOB". Just my take on things at least. All in all, I think it's really great to have a beautiful game to look at while you explore the massive world. And don't forget, they have a lot more in store for us!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-09-15 08:00:53  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

Yeah, everyone loves being clueless in something. That is why they will compile everything into a FFXIV wiki and it will be the same as FFXI. You just go look up what you need to do.
I meant starting the game when it was first starting.

You think that is going to change?

Noob.
I was including using certain skills and playing a class the same way as everyone else. It's must less cookie cutter.

Please stop with the negativity. If you'd like to throw around names, go to a thread that appreciates it. It's been stated that all the name calling and such is not welcome in this thread.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-09-15 08:10:50  

Yeah, just like WAR/WHM is not cookie cutter.
Yes, but they make mixing abilities much friendlier in this game. If FFXI worked the same way as FFXIV does, it would be a viable option. Could you imagine a WAR80/WHM80?

Think pretty much every thread is like that, but we all know what happens.
That still doesn't make your trolling acceptable.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-15 08:12:02  
I'm looking forward to the newness. It'll be a little bit before the wiki is up and complete for FFXIV. I can enjoy it in the meantime.

That said, there is already "less" of a need for a wiki in FFXIV at this time. All quests are pretty much laid out. If you're an idiot, I suppose you could look it up on wiki and have it tell you exactly how many steps and in what direction to take... But a big shiny arrow on the map and blinking targets kinda defeats the purpose.

And of course there will be the mathnerds that turn this game into nothing more than numbers. But, I think this game has the potential to open up a lot of fun possibilities and not just a race for gear.

Only time will tell though.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-15 08:13:38  
with a score of 640 something, hell, makes my life easier..

Cannot play the game doesn't mean anything, just means I can concentrate more on FFXI!!!

WOOT!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-15 08:15:29  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
with a score of 640 something, hell, makes my life easier..

Cannot play the game doesn't mean anything, just means I can concentrate more on FFXI!!!

WOOT!

There's a lot of good stuff in FFXI I still need to do, I'll likely keep them both and focus more on FFXI til March when my friends decide to jump ship. :D
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-15 08:17:33  
Ill be jumping ship when Diablo 3 comes out.. I'm not butthurt..

Anyways, I've heard my share of rumours about 15...

Gl on who wants to play it...

Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-15 08:18:16  
Just a side note: People with negative attitudes are at a higher risk of developing atherosclerosis and dying at an earlier age than those with positive or neutral attitudes.

Jus' sayin'

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-15 08:24:18  
Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
Just a side note: People with negative attitudes are at a higher risk of developing atherosclerosis and dying at an earlier age than those with positive or neutral attitudes.

Jus' sayin'

Did you know women who swallow after a *** are less likely to develop breast cancer too compared to those who spit?

Also seminal plasma is good for your teeth.

EDIT: Woah Woah Woah now. Back on topic! :O

FFXIV is shaping up to be a great game. It's not FFXI-2, but something that could be more engaging and much better in the long run.

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-15 08:31:39  
Yeah, I'm seeing that happening in 3-4 years to be honest. The PS3 is much more powerful and expandable than the original PS2... but lets be realistic. It's still a coonsole. It'll be outdated eventually :(

I just hope SE has the forethought to keep moving on and let people upgrade to the PS4 or something...

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-15 08:35:36  
I just hope SE has the forethought to keep moving on and let people upgrade to the PS4 or something...

Hey, this is not the pics that make you LOL again thread.

:O ... I did lol. :|

And is no one else excited by the ability to build your own boats/airships?!

Plus PvP naval/aerial battles?! Linkshell vs Linkshell style aerial battles?! Wha?!

That alone made me change my manpanties.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 08:50:03  
Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:

Yeah, just like WAR/WHM is not cookie cutter.
Yes, but they make mixing abilities much friendlier in this game. If FFXI worked the same way as FFXIV does, it would be a viable option. Could you imagine a WAR80/WHM80?

Yeah, it still be crap.

You're actually wrong, it works very well, but as in any RPG period, it's better to combine multiple people with Specialties, than one person who is "Generally" good.

The game is designed more to mix War abilities with War abilities, and Mage Abilities with Mage Abilities. But in the current balance build, the WAR/WHM works much better than it ever did in FFXI.

To be fair, that's not saying much though.

Not like you care, but just for anecdotal information, the biggest factor in determining your magic ability, isn't so much Stats or Class, but each weapon has a "Magic" score. Obviously Mage Weapons have a much higher score than Melee weapons, but Melee weapons do have a value, which means there could be certain items built for that purpose.

Until PS3 limitations! BUM, BUM, BUUUMMMMMM.

It'll happen for sure, that's the nature of consoles, they become outdated almost immediately, because of static hardware.
Yeah, I'm seeing that happening in 3-4 years to be honest. The PS3 is much more powerful and expandable than the original PS2... but lets be realistic. It's still a coonsole. It'll be outdated eventually :(

PS3 hardware was outdated when it hit the shelves. Most PC hardware is too, but at least with PC's you have the option to expand.

The UI is already indicative of "PS3Limitations"
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 08:58:20  

And is no one else excited by the ability to build your own boats/airships?!

Plus PvP naval/aerial battles?! Linkshell vs Linkshell style aerial battles?! Wha?!

That alone made me change my manpanties.

Not really, It'll probably be for something stupid, like Special Guildleves, I didn't see anywhere that PvP Naval/Airship battles were confirmed in any way, just PvP was under development.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-15 09:09:44  
I know the battles weren't confirmed... but they had the boats grappling each other... and I assumed. Cause I'm an ***. And I really want boat battles ; ;
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 09:22:56  
I know the battles weren't confirmed... but they had the boats grappling each other... and I assumed. Cause I'm an ***. And I really want boat battles ; ;

That's why, Ever since *** Peter Molyneaux, I only accept confirmed facts, and not wild imaginings and reckless speculation. It's much less painful come release day.
[+]
 Phoenix.Avelle
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-15 13:47:37  
Odin.Zicdeh said:

That's why, Ever since *** Peter Molyneaux, I only accept confirmed facts, and not wild imaginings and reckless speculation. It's much less painful come release day.

Oh Peter Molyneaux, how you love to amaze us with your vision and then disappoint us with your execution. :(
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15