FFXIV - Win or Fail
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-14 19:52:31  
Fouludragon said:

Conjurer is just about as addicting to solo than being a melee. A wonderful BLM like job but can actually solo and for the love god can actually do some damage when using the weapon too. This time, instead of a few main magics used like in FFXI only now you have to use different kinds against monsters that are weak against it. I'm just trying to figure out how to recover MP without going to a CAMP stone to be fully recovered.

I've been trying very hard to figure that question at the end out. So far I've found 2 WS like moves(Use tp) each that the 2 mage jobs learn, one doing light based and the other dark based damage, which restore some mp. Each mage job also has a 10min cooldown ability at level 1(Apparently unlocked threw a quest) but its for that job only. Theres also "Stygian Spikes" which drains MP when you take damage, or do damage, I'm nto sure which. I assume take damage by the spike concept. Anyway, Thats learned at 16 with thaumaturge, and 4 levels for them later, you learn "Siphon mp"... Basiclly aspir.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-14 19:55:04  
The quest unlocks an ability for every class.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-14 19:57:03  
Really? So basicly its a one shot time to get an ability? (Basicly, repeatable or not?)

Its kinda obvious I'm not in open beta, But I should be by friday.. well sat/sunday since by friday I should have my new comp.. Anyway! I'm still trying my best to help D:
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-14 20:04:09  
You only need to do it once per chara, and it's like the first mission on the main story. All you have to do is talk to your starter NPC, go do a leve(the first one, in ul'dah it's called like mole mashing or something), go back to NPC and tada.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-14 20:06:48  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
You only need to do it once per chara, and it's like the first mission on the main story. All you have to do is talk to your starter NPC, go do a leve(the first one, in ul'dah it's called like mole mashing or something), go back to NPC and tada.

So its repeatable, ok XD. I was kinda worried I wouldn't be able to get the little special abilites for every job D:
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-14 20:10:38  
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

So its repeatable, ok XD. I was kinda worried I wouldn't be able to get the little special abilites for every job D:
No, it's not repeatable. You get them all after you do it.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-14 20:12:48  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

No, it's not repeatable. You get them all after you do it.

Oh, even easier O.o
 Phoenix.Artimus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: artimus
By Phoenix.Artimus 2010-09-14 20:15:38  
I played FFXIV during the alpha, closed beta and, some during the open beta.

The game itself is graphically impressive, allows for character customization (both your physical character, and stats)

although it is a final fantasy game, people who play FFXI should not expect it to be FFXI#2

Although i think the game has incredible potential and i have enjoyed it so far, last night i cancelled my pre-ordered copy of the game. Mostly because there are still plenty of things I want to do in XI (especially with all the new content). Also, Im not looking to start another bad habit even though I probably will give FFXIV another try after a few months of release, atleast for a free trial or something -.-; Ive always said that quitting FFXI was easy, Ive done it at least 100 times.

take it as you wish, this is my stance ^^
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-14 20:24:43  
Quote:
Lakshmi.Kyi
My opinion was out of all the people Ive spoken to 98% said they are not going to try FFXIV and therefore I would deem that a failure. But only 12months will show either way if it becomes fact.

that's like 3 people ? the ones with shitty pc specs judging the game very early in beta phrase ?, as far i know most people from ffxi are quitting and selling their account and upgrading their pcs for ff14, expect another server merge on november for ffxi, the game is dead already
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 20:26:29  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

My opinion was out of all the people Ive spoken to 98% said they are not going to try FFXIV and therefore I would deem that a failure. But only 12months will show either way if it becomes fact.

that's like 3 people ? the ones with shitty pc specs judging the game very early in beta phrase ?, as far i know most people from ffxi are quitting and selling their account and upgrading their pcs for ff14, expect another server merge on november for ffxi, the game is dead already

Herewegoagain.jpg
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-14 20:27:41  
Is this game going to be the same as FFXI in the sense, you each need a separate account to play it at the same time?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-14 20:29:56  
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Is this game going to be the same as FFXI in the sense, you each need a separate account to play it at the same time?

I'm confused by the question. As far as I know, every game needs one account to play the game. Unless you mean how we have a PO account and a SE account?
 Lakshmi.Kyi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-14 20:30:34  
Stop trolling and make an opinion. Is ffxiv win or fail.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-14 20:30:54  

I'm confused by the question. As far as I know, every game needs one account to play the game. Unless you mean how we have a PO account and a SE account?

Sorry, what I mean is how you can only log into one character per Playonline account on FFXI, is it the same on FFXIV.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-14 20:37:17  

Sorry, what I mean is how you can only log into one character per Playonline account on FFXI, is it the same on FFXIV.

I'm going to GUESS one per account. I don't know any MMORPG that allows you to mutli-box off one account. Loss in profit, I'd guess.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-14 20:38:33  
Yes, like any MMO. One active connection per account. If you want to dual-box you need two accounts.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-14 20:41:53  
Okay, a pity, but understandable. There is no profit in not doing it this way.

Apologies for changing what the topic is, just wondered.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-09-14 20:44:45  
Okay, a pity, but understandable. There is no profit in not doing it this way.

Apologies for changing what the topic is, just wondered.

Lol, I think its ok to ask questions. I have a ton, But.. I'm going to find out this week hopefully, so I should be able to figure most of 'em out.
 Sylph.Landyr
サーバ: Sylph
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2010-09-14 22:25:37  
Well I think as its own game it is full of possibilities. I mean I'm not looking for a replica of XI. I honestly miss the grind of lower levels. Not to mention that given my work schedule a game that can give me 2 hrs to actually get some stuff done. I'm not worried, I'm sure SE will surprise us with some really cool and interesting things. I'm looking forward to the game.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-15 05:09:18  
Out of the 10 ls I have with 100+ people 2 said they would be getting it the rest said no Im not bothering.
If your going to slate posts at least read the information. This thread is about fail or win....wheres your support for either.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-15 05:15:07  
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

98% of the people you've spoken to say they're not going to try XIV, therefore XIV is a failure(in your opinion).

Which means:

If in 12 months 98% of said people still refused to try XIV, XIV is still a failure, regardless of subscribers/content/etc.

That aside... HOLY ***I'M A MINORITY! GIMMEH DEM DAYUM REPARATIONS, FOO'!

Marketing gurus would say if you can take your current market and get them to buy into your new market your a winner. Why would you want just to get fresh blood which takes more work to get them interested when you could have enticed your existing market.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 05:27:35  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

98% of the people you've spoken to say they're not going to try XIV, therefore XIV is a failure(in your opinion).

Which means:

If in 12 months 98% of said people still refused to try XIV, XIV is still a failure, regardless of subscribers/content/etc.

Marketing gurus would say if you can take your current market and get them to buy into your new market your a winner. Why would you want just to get fresh blood which takes more work to get them interested when you could have enticed your existing market.

This is the origin of stagnation. Failure to evolve the market, and take risks, thankfully, FFXIV is taking risks. I just hope it pays off.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-15 05:55:56  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

Which means:

This is the origin of stagnation. Failure to evolve the market, and take risks, thankfully, FFXIV is taking risks. I just hope it pays off.

I think you missed the point. They have stagnated their existing market because tehy havent enticed people to move.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-15 06:03:01  
Let me ask a different question to everyone who says its a win.
What excites you about FFXIV that says yeah Its a must have game to buy and how you think FFXIV has put out a message that supports it.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 06:07:35  
If people migrated to "The better" MMORPG, WoW would have died long ago. You can't lift an existing client base of an MMO to another, because 99% of the people who play MMO's, don't for the game design concepts, but for the atmosphere and the social ties they've established.

Gaming Purists, like myself, are the 1% that would. People who want to experience new things, who aren't tied to their 1 stick in the mud.

Square's idea to move people to FFXIV was doomed from the very start, their wish to find "Final Fantasy fans who may not have considered MORPG experiences as a viable outlet" on the other hand, is much more sound.

People play games for different reasons, it's not about what's "Best", it's about what clicks for you. You cannot declare FFXIV a failure as a game, because it's art, and as art, it's subjective. You can declare it a financial failure when the numbers roll in, but until that happens, you, and practically everyone in this thread, Pro-FFXIV or Anti-FFXIV are just stating their interpretation of the art that is FFXIV. Seriously, get over yourself.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 06:38:46  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
What excites you about FFXIV that says yeah Its a must have game to buy and how you think FFXIV has put out a message that supports it.

I'll bite.

1.)First and Foremost, the Character Development Depth makes FFXI look like Gears of War when it comes to Class Diversity and personalizing your character's attributes, gear and abilities. Second to none.

2.)Battle system. This is highly subjective, but I really love the feel that I'm actually playing the character, instead of just watching it do stuff. I understand the complaints about "Spam 1" but to me, this made the game so much more enjoyable.

3.) Atmosphere. I've always been a fan of Subtlety, It's why I love FFXI and hate WoW. A subtle, but distinct atmosphere can really suspend disbelief and make the player become lost in the world the developers have created. FFXIV also has a lot more of the Final Fantasy Charm that was somewhat lacking (Until recently) in FFXI. By that I mean, early on, FFXI felt very generic, Big bad evil force, 3 nations with Archetypical "Tribal", "Fuedal" and "Progressive" styles. FFXIV took a more Cultural approach, and while certainly the archetypes exist, they are much better masked in SE's own layer of lightheartedness that is embodied in something like a moogle.

Those are the big 3 for myself, personally. I certainly don't speak for everyone.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-15 06:44:41  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

1) Char development is a step up from XI.
2) Graphics are a MAJOR step up from XI.
3) no more lolps2limitations (inb4lolps3limitations)

Now those are just the big three that I can compare XI -> XIV

There is alot more that I could talk about (Atmosphere, lore, music, gameplay, graphics, char development, etc.) there are already prelive updates that you can read and already tell that they have thought through this game really well and implemented some features that are just amazing, how can you deny that it at least doesn't intrigue you?
 Titan.Xairu
user: Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2010-09-15 06:59:10  
Watching that video actually makes me want to play XIV just to fully experience the possibilities of your own personal customization rather than just main/sub limitations.

However.. from all I've experienced & seen of it so far, I have to say the only thing I found entertaining was the music. Really loved one of the outdoor themes I heard, and the battle music is fantastic, I was really bored by the battle itself though. But then again if you think about it.. how fun is it to solo on XI?

I'm sure there will be alot of things that make XIV alot of fun, better than XI? Doubt it.

Also a downside for me is the fact that when I got back into XI back in 09 I bought a junky laptop to just play on the go and it plays XI just fine, but it has nothing near the specs required for XIV.. and I'm not buying a whole new computer just to play 1 game. Sorry SE :(

Just my 2 cents
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-15 07:13:42  
I just said meh WTH.. DL the benchmark and ran the movie..

I scored 675 with a run time of 52486...

So does this mean I can run it???

I still need to apply b4 it closes I see..
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15