フォーラム » FFXI » General » Uuuuuuuhhhhh..... o_O
Uuuuuuuhhhhh..... o_O
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:18:10  
yeah i found it awesome walking to both Limsa Lomna and Gridinia, i like what they did to the landscape, looks really nice
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:18:13  
Flionheart said:
Again, comparing XIV to XI currently is futile due to comparing a completed game to a beta.

Does anyone even remember the time before level sync?

quite a lot of years and fond memories...yes i remember when FFXI had "the fog" glitch @NA launch....
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:18:25  
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Flionheart said:
Again, comparing XIV to XI currently is futile due to comparing a completed game to a beta.

it *** sucked ; ;

seeking forever to get a party then disbanding 30 minutes in

then when levelsync came out getting partys was easy

then after a few months people SMN burned everything or grinded everything out thru level sync and getting partys became hard again

Exactly. But every MMO has issues to start with. XI still has a fair few glaring omissions.

I'm not going to say XIV is perfect, but I'm far more excited for it than any update in XI anymore.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:19:07  
Siren.Enternius said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

The biggest part of the quality of a game is the fun factor. If a game has amazing graphics and an awesome story, but is ***to play, thats a low quality game.
No, fun only exists mentally. If it has good graphics, fun gameplay, and a good story, I'd call it a pretty high quality game. Even if I didn't enjoy it, that just means it wasn't made for people like me, not that it wasn't made for anyone.

Seeing as how the open beta currently has a higher population than FFXI most likely ever had, I'd say there were people that consider it fun. But the quality is undeniable.

The open beta is free. You think all the people that are in it are gonna shell out 60-75 bucks + a 13$/month fee?
Well as I said, there are about 30 FFXI players in our linkshell on Trabia, and it's not unlikely that 100% of them will be buying the full game, not only after it comes out, but on the first day of release because they're excited. I could imagine people that haven't played MMOs at all in their life trying FFXIV and not liking it, but these are all people that have played FFXI for years and see where it's better and where it's worse than FFXIV. And every single one of them wants to play FFXIV instead.

Your in a community of people that have been playing FFXI for years, of course their excited. But they are by far not the norm.
What, do you believe, is the norm then? People who hate MMO games? People who have never tried them? People who are just there to sign in and laugh at all the people in the beta?

No matter how you look at it, Final Fantasy fans will bee the greatest majority in FFXIV.

They will, but they wont all be FFXI players, they will be more casual players then hardcore.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:19:10  
i quit FFXI so i pretty much just go meh when i see things like 7% haste on pants
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:19:51  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

quite a lot of years and fond memories...yes i remember when FFXI had "the fog" glitch @NA launch....

I remember getting stuck in a bush, and calling a GM and being told there was nothing they could do for me and to read the website.

that was just magical that was. I had to wait 4-5 hours for a friend to come on and D2 me.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:20:20  
i quit FFXI so i pretty much just go meh when i see things like 7% haste on pants

It felt tacky to me.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:20:33  
Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

I remember getting stuck in a bush, and calling a GM and being told there was nothing they could do for me and to read the website.

that was just magical that was. I had to wait 4-5 hours for a friend to come on and D2 me.

lol u got stuck and the GM wouldnt help u
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:21:19  
FFXI lost its touch ages ago. Now they(se) are just *** about by making overpowered gears
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:21:58  
Flionheart said:

It felt tacky to me.
The only way to keep it from being game-breaking at this point is to make it like 15,000 kill shots per piece of armor, and that would take a ton of time invested which will just be a major time sink, and when you finally do get a full set, no one would be around to congratulate you because they all moved to FFXIV. c.c
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:22:16  
Everyone is talking like this gear will be easy to get and everyone will be wearing it like AF1...i seriously doubt it will.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:22:41  
soon SE will run out of ideas and will start throwing completely random ***on gear

like a head with Def:40 Haste+8% Coolness+5
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-09 19:22:45  
Zekko said:
FFXI lost its touch ages ago. Now they(se) are just *** about by making overpowered gears

thats all in your opinion lol yes 7% haste pants are so overpowered compared to 5% haste pants I guess they should have put out 4% haste pants with this new update
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:23:39  
They're just pandering the the fan-base to keep fans from moving to XIV or just stopping playing.

Even if I wasn't migrating to XIV, I wouldn't be playing XI anymore. The game feels dated in a bad way. I can deal with graphics, and I can deal with re-used animation... but when they release end-game that encompasses multiple characters and my game lags on a high end machine that can run XIV without lag I just can't be bothered.

Without PS2 limitations XI may of lived longer.
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:24:07  
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Zekko said:

thats all in your opinion lol yes 7% haste pants are so overpowered compared to 5% haste pants I guess they should have put out 4% haste pants with this new update

Making it easier for casuals to get nice gear.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:24:21  
Everyone is talking like this gear will be easy to get and everyone will be wearing it like AF1...i seriously doubt it will.

People already have AF3+1 and that alone is better than most other gear.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:25:11  
i wonder what FF15 will be like
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:26:12  
Flionheart said:

someone said it a few posts ago, should they make worse gear?
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:26:13  

Probably space marines in chunky suits with heavy american accents smoking cigars.

Also auto health regen and quick time events.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:26:31  
Flionheart said:

Should they make gear that much better that easy to obtain?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:27:04  
soon SE will run out of ideas and will start throwing completely random ***on gear

Beats Crit. Def. Bonus, or Grt.ktn. wpnskl.: ACC+3, whatever that is.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:27:08  
Flionheart said:

Probably space marines in chunky suits with heavy american accents smoking cigars.

Also auto health regen and quick time events.

dont forget the cheap whiskey and *** hookers
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-09 19:28:26  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

should we care?
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:28:45  
Siren.Enternius said:

Beats Crit. Def. Bonus, or Grt.ktn. wpnskl.: ACC+3, whatever that is.

some of the new gear in this update should have Douchebag+1 because of how douchebaggy its going to be to be the only guy with it for a while
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:29:02  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Monsters are getting a lot harder, so id say yes
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:29:38  
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

should we care?

Well you guys don't have too. But It annoys the piss out of me.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:30:20  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Oh sorry, I must have missed them adding in new HNM. All I saw was new mobs in Abyssea that you bring an alliance to kill.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:32:04  
Flionheart said:

Oh sorry, I must have missed them adding in new HNM. All I saw was new mobs in Abyssea that you bring an alliance to kill.

oh i'm sorry fli...cuz HNMs werent pretty much always killed by alliance pre80?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:32:47  
HNM is really a relative thing lol...no HNM is hard. Nidhogg KB Aspi Tiamat Khim and Cerb are the main HNM, and every single one is cake. There are things in abyssea that make the 3 kings look like leaping lizzy, but they arent 24 hour pops. So are they standard HNM? no. But are they challenging? hell yes.
 Asura.Selennia
サーバ: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 19:33:32  
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

There are nms in Abyssea too, some that can be pretty nasty. Don't forget Walk of Echoes.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15