Uuuuuuuhhhhh..... o_O
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Siren.Maximillion
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-09 22:24:00  
Phoenix.Darki said:
do you think that the ps3 sales will raise with the release of ffxiv?

NO, ARE YOU *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?!?!eightyfour!?!1
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-10 01:57:31  
Siren.Enternius said:
I wouldn't be surprised if FFXI's total population is halved or more

Well let's make a bet then. Today FFXIAH lists 267497 active characters.

asura : 16,398 lakshime 14,905 .... ramuh 7,813 ifrit 8207 (sucks to be there)

Let's see the the week after 1st of October.

The population has greatly decreased since last server merge anyway, as half of the servers are under 9k again.
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-10 03:00:47  
Siren.Enternius said:
Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta, I'd still pay a full subscription fee to play that over FFXI. The only way they could make it suck at this point is by causing some critical bug in it that prevents it from ever working.

Yes, it's personal opinion, but saying FFXIV will suck is like saying Refresh 2 will suck. It's designed as a higher-end MMO with higher production values, a larger team working on the game, and just in general better everything.

In keeping with my previous analogy, Refresh 1 will sometimes be better. But that's only when you don't have the proper level to use it (meaning, not having a good enough computer to play FFXIV).

Based on this logic everything that is new will always be better than everything that is old. So lets see...Nickelback is better than Led Zeppelin umm Star Wars episode 1 better than original 3 movies (4,5,6) FF13 better than FF7 I could go on forever but I think I've made the point. Just because something was made with newer technology and or a bigger budget means absolutely nothing whatsoever. You can put a bowtie on a piece of ***but alas at the end of the day......its still a piece of ***.

saying people will only not play or like 14 is because they dont have the proper computer is like saying "you only dont like eating that piece of crap because its not on a hot dog bun!" You can dress it up however you like, it's still wow2
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-10 04:02:50  
Siren.Catabolic said:
You can dress it up however you like, it's still wow2
This in particular made me cringe...then laugh hysterically.
Seriously. Comparing it to WoW is an insult.
WoW is absolute garbage to me. Having played it myself, I'm not blindly bashing it here. If anything the only semi-good thing to come out of it was the UI, which was literally plastered on EVERY OTHER MMO that followed it. God forbid someone try and you know...tweak it a bit. For better or worse is a matter of opinion as always.
 Phoenix.Avelle
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-10 04:06:41  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta, I'd still pay a full subscription fee to play that over FFXI. The only way they could make it suck at this point is by causing some critical bug in it that prevents it from ever working.

Yes, it's personal opinion, but saying FFXIV will suck is like saying Refresh 2 will suck. It's designed as a higher-end MMO with higher production values, a larger team working on the game, and just in general better everything.

In keeping with my previous analogy, Refresh 1 will sometimes be better. But that's only when you don't have the proper level to use it (meaning, not having a good enough computer to play FFXIV).

Based on this logic everything that is new will always be better than everything that is old. So lets see...Nickelback is better than Led Zeppelin umm Star Wars episode 1 better than original 3 movies (4,5,6) FF13 better than FF7 I could go on forever but I think I've made the point. Just because something was made with newer technology and or a bigger budget means absolutely nothing whatsoever. You can put a bowtie on a piece of ***but alas at the end of the day......its still a piece of ***.

saying people will only not play or like 14 is because they dont have the proper computer is like saying "you only dont like eating that piece of crap because its not on a hot dog bun!" You can dress it up however you like, it's still wow2
This in particular made me cringe...then laugh hysterically.
Seriously. Comparing it to WoW is an insult.
WoW is, and always will be absolute garbage. Having played it myself, I'm not blindly bashing it here.

And yet FF14 will never see the subscriber numbers WoW has. I'm enjoying FF14 a bit more than I have in the past but it still has so far to come it's not even funny. Calling it wow2 is pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE though. The game plays nothing like WoW. It's a shame though, SE could have learned a hell of a lot from Blizzard's UI design.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-10 04:09:12  
WoW's UI, I will admit, was ingenious in its simplicity. Its been years now though, and quite honestly I was getting tired of seeing the same UI in every other MMO I've ever tried since.

I commend SE on trying to change it a little bit, though there *are* things that still need to be changed or adjusted to function more like said games UI.
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-10 04:10:27  
Sadly quailty =/= attractive sales via targeted audience.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-10 04:12:19  
My main gripe on XIV's UI right now is the fact that it absolutely REFUSES to adjust accordingly to resolution changes when switching from full screen to windowed and back. Having to move that ***around each time is annoying.

And honestly it would have been nice if they introduced key mapping to open beta. -.-;
 Phoenix.Avelle
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-10 04:27:17  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
WoW's UI, I will admit, was ingenious in its simplicity. Its been years now though, and quite honestly I was getting tired of seeing the same UI in every other MMO I've ever tried since.

I commend SE on trying to change it a little bit, though there *are* things that still need to be changed or adjusted to function more like said games UI.

Selling items in FF14 makes me want to kill myself. Like seriously, how can you *** up so bad you make the UI function even worse than the one we got in FFXI?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-10 04:34:41  
Well that stuff is still server side, I dunno why they wouldn't implement windower style interfaces considering how almost everyone uses it over the default. Biggest hate is the chat window, so damn tiny.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-10 04:38:24  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Well that stuff is still server side, I dunno why they wouldn't implement windower style interfaces considering how almost everyone uses it over the default. Biggest hate is the chat window, so damn tiny.
This pretty much. Once its released and everything goes client-side the UI will be lag free, and honestly I believe it will function better/faster than XI's.

Sylph.Anjali said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Biggest hate is the chat window, so damn tiny.

I know! I hope they fix that.
At least the size can be adjusted, lol.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-10 04:42:34  
Sylph.Anjali said:
I could only adjust the vertical size of it, which isn't really the problem.

Edit: How come you are never on msn Oum? 8(
I'm too busy with XIV and taking gameplay videos, lol. Also still looking for work so I'm rather busy during the day. I can hop on now though. :)

The chat window can be stretched both vertically and horizontally btw.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-10 04:47:33  
Awww. :(
 Phoenix.Avelle
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-10 05:14:26  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

I understand it's server side and such but there are additional windows that just need to disappear and never come back. The design in FFXI was simple. Select the item you want to sell, the price shows up next to the item name, a small window appears where you select how many you want to sell and boom done. FF14 is like select the item you want, new window, this is the item do you want to sell it or return to the last screen, select sell, new window, adjust the number of the item you want to sell if applicable then press sell and finally you're done. It then takes you to the next item down your list, but if you don't want to sell that item you need to hit return, reselect the next item and then go through this god forsaken process again. And you know, I wouldn't even complain about having multiple windows pop up except THE MOUSE ISN'T WORTH A *** ***IN THIS STUPID *** GAME! /nerdrage. Anyways, my complaints aren't with how slow it is latency wise due to their debugging tools and such. It's just flatout terrible design, especially for the PC platform.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-10 05:22:29  
Could try the mouse patch to turn on the hardware-enabled one, but from what I'm seeing the last patch broke it again. :\

As to why they haven't done so themselves already is beyond me...
 Phoenix.Avelle
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-09-10 05:35:13  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Could try the mouse patch to turn on the hardware-enabled one, but from what I'm seeing the last patch broke it again. :\

The game shouldn't require Cliff to continually fix what SE is either too inept or too oblivious to do themselves. :/
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-10 05:43:26  
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

The game shouldn't require Cliff to continually fix what SE is either too inept or too oblivious to do themselves. :/
Of course this is implied, lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-10 07:15:15  
Sylph.Anjali said:
I'll be the first to admit that XI has tons of strong points. What I've seen of XIV so far fits my lifestyle better, that is why I personally enjoy it more. But like you said they are two different games so why are people constantly comparing them or to any other MMOs for that matter? It's kind of like telling someone they can't like their favourite pizza more than your one because your one was made by a michelin star chef and is perfect when it came out the oven. My pizza might still taste better to me?

Hurray for crazy analogies >_> lol

as a chef i perfectly understood that one lol
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-10 07:26:42  
mhm, been working at this restaurant in NM for the past 11 1/2 months now ^^
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15