フォーラム » FFXI » General » Treasure Caskets - Exclusive Item Question
Treasure Caskets - Exclusive Item Question
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-26 18:46:44
| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I recently received Phlegethon's Trousers from Valkurm Dunes treasure casket, and my friend also wants a pair. My question is, could I help them farm for brown caskets and get them a pair if I already have one in my inventory? Or would it not show up in any brown box because I'm in the party and have one in possession?

Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience and knows the answer or some educated guesses/logic would be appreciated too ^^
 Caitsith.Kaminari
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Kaminari 2009-01-26 18:48:13  
I would think as long as one person in the party could receive the item, there's a chance it could show up in one of those brown boxes ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-26 19:02:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I think I rather play it safe than sorry. We know that it works that way with NMs but caskets might have their own arrangement of rules for how rare/ex items show up for people.

Oh well at least I can train a bunch of mobs, have em kill them all and help apply my logic to crack the codes ^^
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-26 20:03:27  
A bit off-topic, but I opened a locked chest in Qufim Island yesterday and got nothing... I invited someone after chest popped, if this had anything to do with it idk.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-26 20:31:53

Well, awhile back I was attempting to get my Attar of Roses and asked someone farming rams to invite me if they ever got a brown chest. However, after getting one from their ram and inviting me it refused to let me attempt to open it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-26 20:41:19  
Me and a friend were camping Leaping Lizzy. I opened a Chest and got a Bronze Bandolier. Three chests later he opened a Chest and got one too. We did not disband or re-invite each other at any point, so I would say it's safe to presume you can still get them, even if someone in your party has one.

I nearly tossed mine however, go figure I'm actually levelling Ranger! This is the best waist piece for awhile yet! Score!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-26 20:57:24

Awesome, great to know ^^ I appreciate all your help guys.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-27 08:10:34  
I had the rare/ex great katona in my inventory and was with a friend in Batallia when another brown chest popped with one in, so I would say that it would be exactly the same for the trousers.
 Fairy.Cedeking
サーバ: Fairy
user: Cedeking
By Fairy.Cedeking 2009-01-27 08:50:12  
Got 2 locked casket ina row in East Ronfaure, all two opened and find a Surviver.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-27 10:36:42

From all the posts here, it doesn't seem this was discussed..

What if I open a chest, obtain the RARE/EX, can I be the one to open another chest in a party and would the RARE/EX still pop?

From what I can tell by reading this thread, two people in a party, 1 person opens chest, gets RARE/EX, they continue partying, then the 2nd player opens chest and gets the RARE/EX.

What if Player 1 opened both chests? Would it still work?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-27 10:44:10  
From the looks of it, yes it could since Cedeking just posted he was able to open 2 boxes and get same item.

So I believe yes.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-27 10:51:28

Cedeking didn't post any details, so I can't say for sure he's done what I'm wondering.
 Fairy.Cedeking
user: Cedeking
By Fairy.Cedeking 2009-01-27 10:53:00  
Alyria said:
From the looks of it, yes it could since Cedeking just posted he was able to open 2 boxes and get same item. So I believe yes.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-27 11:05:58

Is it so hard to post a few details Cedeking rather then just quoting and making grammatically inaccurate posts?
 Phoenix.Dayloz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Dayloz
By Phoenix.Dayloz 2009-01-27 11:10:27  
My friend obtained Gothic Gauntlets in Xarcabard, and he helped me obtain these later on also, So in answer to your orignal question I would say yes.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-27 11:15:33  
I've gotten the Protect Ring twice in a row in Tahrongi. I think the trick may be to guess the correct number while still having a guess left to use. So, guessing early. This condition is what got me the R/E item in the casket twice in a row, don't know if it'd keep happening or not!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-27 11:19:19  
That could be true disintegration, I opened a chest in north gusta and got ramblers cloak with still 1 chance left, and the 2nd chest it was my last guess and all i got was a arrowwood log...
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-01-27 12:28:58  
It shouldn't matter that you are in the party with your friend or not. I was in a pt in qufim and we kept getting the RareEx h2h I got them and opened 3 more in a row that also had the h2h in the chest. So help your buddy get this item, it won't matter if you are wearing them or not. Good luck and happy hunting.
 Alexander.Keldewis
サーバ: Alexander
user: Keldewis
By Alexander.Keldewis 2009-01-30 11:35:49  
I honestly didn't know that the brown chest could yield something worthwhile until I got a lvl 40 scarf while doing valor in the glacier. I usually find the chests to be a slowdown when I am trying to farm craft materials out on the pennisula, sometimes I miss the treasure chest message entirely.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-30 13:36:59  
Ah, I got the <Haraldr's Mufflers> too. I use them when I farm water elementals ;)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [126 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2009-06-05 11:06:51  
yes it is possible to farm them gl though! iv opened qufim casket 3 times for custodes but unfortuntly no party members to receive so wasted.so far ive gotten 3 ex items from caskets- custodes/qufim ,ramblers gaiters/rolanberry and galkan knife/west alteppa(twice as well) and i swear there is no yhoatar ex item since i opend 14 locked caskets in a row and nothin plus countless others there:{
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-05 11:25:03  
# of choices left 'could' potentially affect the drops from a casket. I often have 1-3 chances left when I FoV in Ro'Maeve and have found 4 of the Diana Corona in chests there (One went to waste. >.<).
The drops could 'also' be influenced by how many chances you were given to start with as well. I haven't really done any in-depth investigation to it since I usually just go out there to kill when I feel like veg'ing out. lol

So far, in my luck I've found the Phlegethon's Trousers, Diana Corona, Caract Choker, Sirocco Axe, and Daedalus Hammer.

I'd kind of like the Custodes.. Though I don't know when I'd use them over my Boreas Cesti.
And the Herder's Subligar may be nice, depending on the quantity of acc it gives your pet.