users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » New guy here
New guy here
 Asura.Vikaa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vikaa
By Asura.Vikaa 2010-09-05 12:00:06  
Hi and welcome to Asura and the game! I'm new to MMORPG's (or any video game for that matter) but I'm loving ffxi and I hope you find it as great as I do!

Asura's reputation isn't that great on here but there are some extremely kind and helpful people that I've met along the way and I'd be happy to help you with anything in game (although I've only been playing about a year and there are a ton of people with much, much more experience than I,) that I can if you need it.

Just send me a tell in game sometime! ^.^b

Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-05 12:02:31  
Welcome to the game!! You're a few years late but hope you have fun :)

Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-05 12:53:36  
Saefinn said:
Quote:
id suggest Amazon.co.uk i got the 2007 edition from there for like £10 maybe and it came with the original game updates and x3 expantions:rise Of The Zilart...chains Of Pomithia and Treasures Of Aht Urgan.

I did exactly that. As for Wings of the Goddess, thanks for the offer, but I'm not going to worry about getting it just yet, I've got plenty to do already without adding another expansion. ;)

However, thanks all for the tips. I'll get to level 20 and decide what I want to do with my Monk, I mean, if it works out better to switch to the warrior class, then I'll train myself up as one.

Cheers for the links Trauma. Some of that stuff I won't be able to use because I'm running the 360 version, but stuff like Campsitarus and the Silkchain chart will no doubt be very useful. Cheers.

You will definitely want to get Wings of the Goddess soon. Mainly because outside of Abyssea(newest expansions which are havens for high level ptys) East Ronfaure(s){east ronfaure in the past} is the 1 pty spot that is still constantly used(can only access it when you have WotG). Once you hit lvl 36 you will start spending a lot of time there when you want an experience party. The hard part will be having someone guide you there once you download the expansion.

gl and welcome
 Asura.Clairxi
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2010-09-05 13:48:21  
Welcome to Asura
 Sylph.Tranquil
サーバ: Sylph
user: Crion
By Sylph.Tranquil 2010-09-05 14:04:41  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Welcome to the game!! You're a few years late but hope you have fun :)

like 5
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-09-05 17:18:41  
No one has mentioned how drama free this Asura thread is... Pat on the back for us for actually having a nice thread!? D:
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-05 17:21:54  
Asura.Theringer said:
No one has mentioned how drama free this Asura thread is... Pat on the back for us for actually having a nice thread!? D:

Now that you mentioned it, it shall happen.
 Asura.Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-09-05 17:23:06  
=(

Gonna risk it for a biscuit!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-09-05 17:25:19  

I have faith in this topic!

By Randomguy 2010-09-05 17:32:57  
Asura.Clairxi said:
Welcome to Asura
 Asura.Saefinn
user: Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-09-05 20:04:37  
Quote:

Now that you've jinxed it...I'll fetch my drama llama.

Quote:
You will definitely want to get Wings of the Goddess soon. Mainly because outside of Abyssea(newest expansions which are havens for high level ptys) East Ronfaure(s){east ronfaure in the past} is the 1 pty spot that is still constantly used(can only access it when you have WotG). Once you hit lvl 36 you will start spending a lot of time there when you want an experience party. The hard part will be having someone guide you there once you download the expansion.

gl and welcome

In that case, I'll look into grabbing a copy - maybe when I next get paid.
Quote:
Hi and welcome to Asura and the game! I'm new to MMORPG's (or any video game for that matter) but I'm loving ffxi and I hope you find it as great as I do!

Asura's reputation isn't that great on here but there are some extremely kind and helpful people that I've met along the way and I'd be happy to help you with anything in game (although I've only been playing about a year and there are a ton of people with much, much more experience than I,) that I can if you need it.

Just send me a tell in game sometime! ^.^b

Cheers. As for Asura's reputation, if there's any rude and unhelpful buggers out there, I doubt I'll take it personally, life's too short too give a ***. :) So far I've had a good experience, I tend not to be the type to ask for help, but whenever I've been in trouble, people have stepped in either to kill off the foe I'm struggling with or to heal me and I tend to do the same for others, so it's all good.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-05 20:11:10  
Glad to see new people join the best game ever made :) welcome
 Asura.Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-09-06 19:42:08  
Hey man, you get your subjob items yet? We'll have to work on that if you dont ;)
 Asura.Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-09-07 12:37:27  
Hey dude,

I did, Thayo helped me out, now I'm just upping up my White Mage skills. Hopefully when I hit level 20, I'll head up to Jeuno and see if I can work on getting my first chocobo - I know it can take about a month to raise them, so I suppose, the earlier, the better. ;)

Also, the people on that linkshell all seem like a decent bunch of people, I didn't expect to find people so willing to offer help, so I'll try and make sure I prove my worth when I've leveled up higher.

Cheers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-09-07 12:45:55  
Welcome to FFXI, and welcome to Asura. If you need someone to duo with sometime, look me up. I have many subjobs that are need of leveling :)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-07 12:49:19  
Asura.Saefinn said:
Hey dude,

I did, Thayo helped me out, now I'm just upping up my White Mage skills. Hopefully when I hit level 20, I'll head up to Jeuno and see if I can work on getting my first chocobo - I know it can take about a month to raise them, so I suppose, the earlier, the better. ;)

Also, the people on that linkshell all seem like a decent bunch of people, I didn't expect to find people so willing to offer help, so I'll try and make sure I prove my worth when I've leveled up higher.

Cheers.

Don't need to raise your own chocobo, get a license and rent them.
By Randomguy 2010-09-07 12:51:51  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Asura.Saefinn said:
Hey dude, I did, Thayo helped me out, now I'm just upping up my White Mage skills. Hopefully when I hit level 20, I'll head up to Jeuno and see if I can work on getting my first chocobo - I know it can take about a month to raise them, so I suppose, the earlier, the better. ;) Also, the people on that linkshell all seem like a decent bunch of people, I didn't expect to find people so willing to offer help, so I'll try and make sure I prove my worth when I've leveled up higher. Cheers.
I don't know, I find that having a whistle around when I'm in need of a choco and the closest one is like 30 minutes run, I find having one of those to be great.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-09-07 13:17:28  
Randomguy said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Asura.Saefinn said:
Hey dude, I did, Thayo helped me out, now I'm just upping up my White Mage skills. Hopefully when I hit level 20, I'll head up to Jeuno and see if I can work on getting my first chocobo - I know it can take about a month to raise them, so I suppose, the earlier, the better. ;) Also, the people on that linkshell all seem like a decent bunch of people, I didn't expect to find people so willing to offer help, so I'll try and make sure I prove my worth when I've leveled up higher. Cheers.
I don't know, I find that having a whistle around when I'm in need of a choco and the closest one is like 30 minutes run, I find having one of those to be great.

Still, for a brand new player, there's no actual requirement to spend a month raising one before you can ride.
 Asura.Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-09-07 14:15:00  
I suppose I could do both, raise a chocobo whilst I'm renting. ;)
Quote:
Well at least you know it was a bad choice now :P

lol, it's not been that bad, I've managed to find parties and people have sent me invites. But you never know, I might be eating my own words at a later date, so thank Satan for World Transfer Service. :P

Cheers for the extra welcomes.
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-09-07 14:27:00  
welcome to the game sir
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
サーバ: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-09-07 16:17:08  
My advice is start crafting. You have no idea how much gil can you make in low level Leather Crafting, and Goldsmithing, Woodworking, etc.

There is so many people that simply don't have time to make their own Copper, Brass, Silver ingots, sheep leather, ninja tools, they rather buy from auction house.

If you keep Auction houses loaded with junk you can get free flow of 30-100k gil every 3 days to a week. It helps to get by and buy upgrade weapons/armor.
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-07 16:27:25  
My advise, be a blu.

Become god.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-09-07 16:49:13  
Shiva.Superdan said:
My advise, be a blu. Become god.
I love you
By Limelight 2010-09-09 02:43:26  
Good luck with FFXI. Great game and it's bound to make some amazing memories (yes, even on Asura). My one piece of advice is that drama and linkshells don't mix (Usually). :P
Shiva.Superdan said:
My advise, be a blu. Become god.
Epic...
 Asura.Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-09-12 12:49:02  
Ha ha, I'm not the dramatic type, so my linkshell will be safe from any hissy fits. ;)

I'll level up a BLU later on, because it seems to have a cool skill set - the problem is, most jobs you can get after level 30 are attractive. :) But I quite enjoy being the tank in a party - being a MNK/WHM wasn't probably the best selection, even for soloing, so I'm getting my WAR up instead, but it appears Qufim is an excellent place to join parties and somebody always needs a tank. I've not yet met a bad party. Partying has definitely made things more interesting :)