フォーラム » FFXI » General » new FFXI Director
new FFXI Director
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-09-01 08:16:20  
FFXI is getting a new director who's been on the team for the entirety of FFXI's lifespan. Personally I'm hoping this guy will breathe some life back into this game.

thoughts?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-09-01 08:21:04  
Asura.Patriclis said:
breathe some life back into this game.
Ya it'd be great if they got off their butts and started cranking out new expansions, new monsters, new armor and weapons, new systems for battle and acquiring those prizes that change the way we play, new job adjustments, hell maybe even new level cap. Unfortunately this game has been dying for a year now.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-09-01 08:25:22  
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
Ya it'd be great if they got off their butts and started cranking out new expansions, new monsters, new armor and weapons, new systems for battle and acquiring those prizes that change the way we play, new job adjustments, hell maybe even new level cap. Unfortunately this game has been dying for a year now.

What aload of crap there has been more over the past year with job abilities,spells,new level caps and gear.Than we have had in a long time.

[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-09-01 08:27:35  
Asura.Masekase said:
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Asura.Patriclis said:

What aload of crap there has been more over the past year with job abilities,spells,new level caps and gear.Than we have had in a long time.

So I suppose sarcasm is easily missed on an online forum
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-01 08:28:26  
should get most of the team from Vagrant Story.. would sort all our problems.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 08:29:28  
Placebo news as a token gesture to those who are remaining loyal to XI.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 08:29:56  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-09-01 08:31:26  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

you look like the dude out of the Up your Viva adverts on TV for the channel >.>
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-01 08:35:59  
Cerberus.Tidis said:

Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-09-01 08:38:12  
Yes missed the sarcasm point still stands @ Patriclis though.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-01 10:39:35  
So instead of giving us real update news (job adjustments part 2, or whatever) they announced this in its place. Yay.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 10:42:28  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
So instead of giving us real update news (job adjustments part 2, or whatever) they announced this in its place. Yay.

Lol exactly. ***'s already getting stupid and XIV isn't even out yet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 10:44:53  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
inb4ffxiisdoomed.

Repent, sell your relics now!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Emobi 2010-09-01 11:05:39  
I like how none of you actually touched on the subject, and simply got hung-up on missed sarcasm. Need another hobby?

I think the new director is necessary. Who the *** would want to deal with the constant bitching and moaning from ungrateful players for this many years? I'm sure that's not the reason.

The game seems to have been set for awhile now. They had a storyline plan laid out, and I doubt it's going to be deviated from. The game itself should not change anymore rapidly (HOW many people were screaming "OH MY GAWD SE going to kill FFXI with lvl 80 cap blahblahcrycry"??) than it already is.

If anything, the security and administrative procedures will change with a fresh person in the position.

If all else fails, quit the game. The world won't end.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-01 11:39:19  
I just hope the future of XI isn't add-on only. New real expansion with brand new areas (not reused, reskinned) is what the game really needs. Something to breath new life into it. Yeah Lv.80-99(+) is great, but with no real new content outside Abyssea with limited entry time its just making existing content that much more boring.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-01 12:17:48  
isnt there a far west area in the game that hasnt been introduced?... hopefully if they will do something to involve that area

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-09-01 12:30:41  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I just hope the future of XI isn't add-on only. New real expansion with brand new areas (not reused, reskinned) is what the game really needs. Something to breath new life into it. Yeah Lv.80-99(+) is great, but with no real new content outside Abyssea with limited entry time its just making existing content that much more boring.

Its not that limited really on time. I can easily exp every night and still have time todo endgame there.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2010-09-01 12:31:09  

what a bad way to get fired. . . new director , oh we're eliminating your department, sorry
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-09-01 12:40:52  
Phoenix.Degs said:
isnt there a far west area in the game that hasnt been introduced?... hopefully if they will do something to involve that area

Based on in-game references from NPCs and item descriptions there are the:
-Far East (Tenzen)
-Western Continent (The exorcists from the Halloween events and the Elvaan DRG freelancer)
-Northern Continent (Orcish Empire)
-Southerns islands including the Mithran Empire and Naja's homeland (mentioned in Windurst WoTG mission-quests and ToAU)

So there's plenty of room for them to add content so long as they have the funding for it.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-01 12:48:41  
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

-Far East (Tenzen)
-Western Continent (The exorcists from the Halloween events and the Elvaan DRG freelancer)
-Southerns islands including the Mithran Empire and Naja's homeland (mentioned in Windurst WoTG mission-quests and ToAU)

So there's plenty of room for them to add content so long as they have the funding for it.
The problem isn't a potential lack of creativity. It's that as long as it's on PS2, it's going to be holding back the creativity of the people actually in charge of adding these new areas.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-09-01 12:49:41  
Siren.Enternius said:
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

-Far East (Tenzen)

The problem isn't a potential lack of creativity. It's that as long as it's on PS2, it's going to be holding back the creativity of the people actually in charge of adding these new areas.

Good point, I forgot about the PS2 support :/
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-01 12:52:04  
I think the only people that think they should keep PS2 support are the people that actually play on PS2.

If they stopped supporting the PS2 version, they could add new armor/weapons, improve the graphics, create new mob types and zones, and well, basically change the game into a pseudo-FFXIV.

I had a theory long ago that the only reason they ever started working on FFXIV is because the PS2 support for XI was stifling what they actually wanted to do with the game. Assuming that theory was part of the reason, hopefully that means very good things for FFXIV.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-01 13:05:15  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
That's why SE hasn't released console versions yet, or not yet till both companies can come up with a system that will not get outdated in 3-4 years.
I think this might be a reason why the xbox 360 is not being supported (at this time, or ever). The PS3 you can upgrade the harddrive to any 2.5" SATA drive (unlimited space). The 360 limits you to whatever proprietary drive Microsoft says its 360 can have (limited space).
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-01 13:07:47  
why not then, add new content and all new armor gear, graphix beef up, etc... and make it for pc and ps3.. and if ps2 players want that new content then they need to buy a ps3... or play on their pc.. i know alot of people who started on ps2, then switched to pc and just play with a controller.... would make building this game up to what it should/could be alot easier if they didnt have to worry bout ps2/xbox players
By Emobi 2010-09-01 13:07:55  
Siren.Enternius said:
I think the only people that think they should keep PS2 support are the people that actually play on PS2.

If they stopped supporting the PS2 version, they could add new armor/weapons, improve the graphics, create new mob types and zones, and well, basically change the game into a pseudo-FFXIV.

I have to disagree. The framework of this game was built on a 56k-friendly platform. Of course, the game now makes several systems have heart attacks, but PS2 remains pretty solid (no random shutdowns, like pc and 360). I do not think this game will ever reach the graphics capacity of xiv. PS2 limitations end at windower and (for some) loading speed.

I wish I knew more about the makeup of game-making. Any experts around?
[+]
First Page 2 3