Final Fantasy XIV General
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-09-16 13:03:04  
Dalmonn Highwind said: »
Having some issues with getting started on endgame.

I'm told we need at least the GC lv50 weapon to start doing Amdapor Keep and HM Ifrit.

Ok. To open up the rank to buy the weapon, I need to complete a GC quest....in Ampador Keep. Just spent the last hour and a half in there, only to time out on the last boss.

Where can I get some slight upgrades from my AF? Aurum Vale? Wanderer's Palace?

I got that too. Told not to come back til I get gc bow...can't get gc bow til I do AKA.

Whatever I guess. I did WP for the first time yesterday with another group of newbies and had fun...got nothing to drop really though. And have done a few Centrum with these cool AH peeps.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-16 13:29:32  
Sounds like you guys have been running with elitists. I did Ifrit using Cobalt Claws and did just fine, I doubt I out parsed anyone but I did contribute. Sadly, no upgrades to a pair of Ifrit's Claws, but we got Kitty the bow, so it's all good.

I wouldn't do Garuda or Titan without atleast GC or DL weapons.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-16 13:41:32  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Sounds like you guys have been running with elitists. I did Ifrit using Cobalt Claws and did just fine, I doubt I out parsed anyone but I did contribute. Sadly, no upgrades to a pair of Ifrit's Claws, but we got Kitty the bow, so it's all good.

I wouldn't do Garuda or Titan without atleast Garuda or Ifrit Weapons.

Fixed
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-16 13:51:57  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »

I wouldn't do Garuda or Titan without atleast Garuda or Ifrit Weapons.

Fixed
Sounds like Delve logic. We all see how well that's going.

EDIT: My bad, the Ifrit part is valid for Garuda and Garuda part for Titan. I read that wrong.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-16 15:45:34  
is garuda/titan weapons worth getting over mog weapons? i already have mog except sch/smn. so was wondering if i should even bother with titan/garuda weapons.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-16 15:48:55  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
is garuda/titan weapons worth getting over mog weapons? i already have mog except sch/smn. so was wondering if i should even bother with titan/garuda weapons.
The Moogle fight isn't in game yet, so many can't get them. I see a lot of people using them, though.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-16 17:46:23  
The Moogle fight isn't in game yet, so many can't get them. I see a lot of people using them, though.

I was just asking for my sake :) since i have them. except books. Just wanted to know if i should waste my time acquiring other weapons or if mog are good. btw whats blm weapon out of ifrit/garuda/titan/mog? I have mog and ifrit but i use mog even though its 2hands. was wandering if garuda or titan are better
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-16 17:52:05  

I was just asking for my sake :) since i have them. except books. Just wanted to know if i should waste my time acquiring other weapons or if mog are good. btw whats blm weapon out of ifrit/garuda/titan/mog? I have mog and ifrit but i use mog even though its 2hands. was wandering if garuda or titan are better
Not sure. You can look at the stats and compare at this site till the FFXIVPro database is up, with will apparently take some time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2013-09-16 21:01:44  
Siren.Knivesz said: »
People say they can level from 1 to 50 in three days. I have been playing since open beta/not so early access (damn log in errors) however and have only reached level 41. Assuming the method to leveling from 1 to 50 in three days doesn't require me to play 16 hours a day for three days I would be interested if someone could tell me how they level so fast. Even spamming fates at the rate I'm going it feels like I won't reach 50 for another 2 weeks. What specific fates are people spamming at what levels to level so fast?

They might possibly be talking about exp chain parties? People have claimed to be able to get 1-20 in 2-3 hours. But of course, since you won't be getting gears from dungeons you will need to have the resources to upgrade independently.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-17 00:24:04  
Most moogle weapons are top tier bar relics at this point. If you have moogle dont bother
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-17 01:09:50  
why doesn't arn get shields? its not like they have 2 handed books...
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-17 01:12:52  
Veil of Wiyu, get!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-17 01:49:48  
why doesn't arn get shields? its not like they have 2 handed books...
You need the second hand free to flip the pages.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-17 01:57:47  
I still cant beat titan and i have af2 body and everything :/ just fail pugs as usual
サーバ: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-17 04:44:15  
Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »
People have claimed to be able to get 1-20 in 2-3 hours.

I've done 1-15 on most classes in ~3hrs casually doing fates. I can see people do 1-20.
By Blkninja 2013-09-17 05:22:48  
Anyone ever buy crysta be4? How long does the process usually take?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-17 09:34:41  
Blkninja said: »
Anyone ever buy crysta be4? How long does the process usually take?
Instant.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2013-09-17 10:31:46  
any advice on spend Seals Grand company, I use seal to lv up my rank to 2 , but am curious what is advantage to get my self a promotion and reach high rank . my LV is 38 now :)

I appreciate any help

Take care
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-17 10:38:53  
Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
Veil of Wiyu, get!
Very nice! Grats!
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-17 12:43:14  
Gae bolg next!

Ignore the crappy graphics, my computer's cooling system crapped on me and I don't get paid until tomorrow, so using my old one atm. Slow as craaaaap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2013-09-17 13:45:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »
Siren.Knivesz said: »
People say they can level from 1 to 50 in three days. I have been playing since open beta/not so early access (damn log in errors) however and have only reached level 41. Assuming the method to leveling from 1 to 50 in three days doesn't require me to play 16 hours a day for three days I would be interested if someone could tell me how they level so fast. Even spamming fates at the rate I'm going it feels like I won't reach 50 for another 2 weeks. What specific fates are people spamming at what levels to level so fast?

They might possibly be talking about exp chain parties? People have claimed to be able to get 1-20 in 2-3 hours. But of course, since you won't be getting gears from dungeons you will need to have the resources to upgrade independently.

I have one last class to get to lvl 16, but yeah about 2-3 hours to get from 1-15/20, using the helm of light. The big thing is learning the fates once you know which fates to hit, and when to leave them you will rake up the xp. For instance on the Fates where you turn in items, reach the xp cap around 10-15 items so turn in 15 and then go do a different fate or a hunt log. When the old fate ends you will still get the xp as long as you are in the zone. This is very easy to do in Thanalan because of the cactus and robbers item one that go frequently and with lots of other fates near by. Also don't use all the quest up lvling one job I split the quest up between my jobs so I wouldn't mow through and get stuck taking forever on another. All 3 nations have lots of low lvl quest take advantage of them.

edit* In fates with a large amount of enemy it is sometimes hard to even hit them on a mage class so always have aero or an instaspell cast set and try and hit as many as possible. Don't worry about raking up the damage on these, each one you hit 1 time counts for the full xp of the kill. So on the fates with like 30 mobs if you hit just half of them once thats an extra 15 x 200 2000xp in those 3-4min
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-09-17 17:49:17  
Ragnarok.Darkdevil said: »
any advice on spend Seals Grand company, I use seal to lv up my rank to 2 , but am curious what is advantage to get my self a promotion and reach high rank . my LV is 38 now :)

I appreciate any help

Take care

Unless you level exclusively through FATES and/or do a ton of GC leves it seems difficult to amass any useful number of seals with your first class as you will outlevel the gear you're saving for and then need to buy promotions to be able to buy level appropriate gear. That process then repeats unless you specifically try to earn tons of seals.

I've specifically spent a few hours farming seals through GC leves (which seems to frequently populate with treasure coffers containing aetherial gear btw) and I've purchased 2 weapons and a ring with the seals I didn't use for promotions. At 41 I need to buy another promotion to have access to upcoming gear which will deplete all the seals I curently have.

Basically it seems like a good supply of decent gear for a secondary class since you'll have the promotions out of the way.
By Blkninja 2013-09-18 05:26:03  
How do I unlock hardmodes?
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-18 05:30:44  
Beat the story missions, then go back to Scions HQ. Ifrit HM quest is there I believe. Beat Ifrit to unlock Garuda and Garuda > Titan > Coils of Bahamut.
By Blkninja 2013-09-18 05:44:12  
ty
[+]
By volkom 2013-09-18 18:47:27  
anyone been coming across people who troll the dungeons. like having people with lv. 34 weapons in a lv. 50 dungeon and just pull stuff and die, then stay by the entrance?
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-18 19:14:47  
volkom said: »
anyone been coming across people who troll the dungeons. like having people with lv. 34 weapons in a lv. 50 dungeon and just pull stuff and die, then stay by the entrance?

I've had much worse.

Had a WAR who pulled the entire beginning of CM and then ran in circles around the party until they died then left.

Had a BLM who was the most rude person I've seen in game so far. Like very unnecessarily rude. WHM DC on enter and his line was, "This b*tch *** n*gg** r*tard f*ggot WHM is DCing". Lines like this came like every couple minutes for any little thing.

Annnnnnnnd the best so far is I had a BLM enter CM who did nothing but jump around the party the entire run. Not one word said. Not one spell cast. Nothing at all, leeched the entire run.

In case you didnt figure it out I've been spamming CM trying to get full set of Darklight. I've met quiet a few idiots the last 3 days. >.>
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-18 19:27:23  
Ravant Lehnsherr said: »

I've had much worse.

Had a WAR who pulled the entire beginning of CM and then ran in circles around the party until they died then left.

Had a BLM who was the most rude person I've seen in game so far. Like very unnecessarily rude. WHM DC on enter and his line was, "This b*tch *** n*gg** r*tard f*ggot WHM is DCing". Lines like this came like every couple minutes for any little thing.

Annnnnnnnd the best so far is I had a BLM enter CM who did nothing but jump around the party the entire run. Not one word said. Not one spell cast. Nothing at all, leeched the entire run.

In case you didnt figure it out I've been spamming CM trying to get full set of Darklight. I've met quiet a few idiots the last 3 days. >.>

is there srsly no kick/gm button? xD
By volkom 2013-09-18 19:41:48  
feels like LoL solo queue.
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-18 20:08:30  
Ravant Lehnsherr said: »

I've had much worse.

is there srsly no kick/gm button? xD

I've never tried it myself but I have noticed that when you enter a dungeon someone in the party is in fact designated with the leader symbol next to their name so I am assuming the leader probably could kick someone yeah. But like I said, I've never done it before myself so I could be wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35