フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Final Fantasy XIV General
Final Fantasy XIV General
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 33 34 35
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-23 12:58:57  
For all of you new to FFXIV, remember the following...

"Lalafell? More like LalaFAIL!"

Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-23 13:02:10  
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
For all of you new to FFXIV, remember the following...

"Lalafell? More like LalaFAIL!"

[/spoiler]

Hell nah I already have plans of making my second character be a lalafell lol.
By Thunderz 2013-08-23 13:04:19  
Almost early access time

Stock up on everything we ain't going nowhere for a long long time
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-08-23 13:29:15  
there's a new update. 1 gb download, what it could be...
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-23 13:32:13  
I updated last night. I hope that was the update you're talking about. i dont want to have to update again D:
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-08-23 14:14:12  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
I updated last night. I hope that was the update you're talking about. i dont want to have to update again D:

It was an update that was announced 23/08, according to the "news" section
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-08-23 14:25:52  
data mining containing information about the update
http://xivdb.com/?search/!patch-EarlyAccess

new spells and skills and other items

they added the "Ultima" spell
i wonder who uses it
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-23 14:54:28  
It's weird. a lot of those development abilities look like blue mage abilities lol. what are they btw,
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-23 15:02:59  
They probably aren't all player abilities. Guess they include mob abilities in there too.
 Cerberus.Ezeichiel
サーバ: Cerberus
user: ezeichiel
By Cerberus.Ezeichiel 2013-08-23 15:32:08  
Will there be a chance to transfer servers after launch? I transferred to Ragnarok during the application process, but my friends transferred to Excalibur and forgot to tell me >.< Really don't want to reroll so hoping I'll get a chance to switch to Excalibur.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-23 15:36:16  
Cerberus.Ezeichiel said: »
Will there be a chance to transfer servers after launch? I transferred to Ragnarok during the application process, but my friends transferred to Excalibur and forgot to tell me >.< Really don't want to reroll so hoping I'll get a chance to switch to Excalibur.

They plan to have a world transfer feature some time after release.

I never got a chance to in beta 4, but did anyone play Dragoon? I'm hearing rumors that DRG can only use MRD and PUG cross-class skills rather than the previous beta phase3 access to MRD and ARC.

Never mind... I found the info on xivdb... gfdi. So, what do we got to work with now...

Second Wind - Cures own HP. 2min recast, 450 base potency. Potency varies with attack power.
Featherfoot - 15% Evasion boost for 15secs
Internal Release - 20% Crit hit rate bonus for 20secs
Haymaker - Slow+20% on target. Only usable after evading an attack.
Mantra - Increases HP restored for self and party members by 5%. Duration 15secs.

So basically Second wind, Mantra and Internal Release... Haymaker is pointless since Feint does the same thing with a longer duration and it's a WS not a "reaction" WS. Featherfoot is a maybe... In party I don't see a use for it since if you pull hate, DRG has elusive jump to shed enmity and get out of aoe circles quickly. What's MRD's stuff...

Skull Sunder - Attack potency 100 Add. Effect: Increase enmity (LOL never setting that)
Foresight - Defense+20% duration 20secs
Fracture - Attack potency 100 Add. Effect: DoT potency20 18sec duration
Blood Bath - Converts 25% of physical damage dealt into HP. Duration 15secs
Mercy Stroke - Delivers an attack with a potency of 200.
Can only be executed when target's HP is below 20%.
If delivered as the killing blow, up to 20% of your maximum HP will be restored.

.......................................... So nothing to increase damage directly. Just crit rate. I mean, I know we have blood for Blood for 30% dmg increase, but come the *** on. Raging Strike and Straight Shot... 20% damage increase on a 3min timer and Straight Shot was crit rate+10% but it was a WS so you could keep reapplying the buff. Just... augh.

I guess I'll be setting Second Wind, Blood Bath, Internal Release, Foresight and alternate between Feather Foot and Mercy Stroke...
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-23 15:45:24  
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Cerberus.Ezeichiel said: »

They plan to have a world transfer feature some time after release.

I never got a chance to in beta 4, but did anyone play Dragoon? I'm hearing rumors that DRG can only use MRD and PUG cross-class skills rather than the previous beta phase3 access to MRD and ARC.

They said hopefully 3-4 weeks after launch they will have server transfers with a fee.

When i played dragoon i had mrd and pug cross skills in beta 2. if they changed it for 3 then they decided to go back to mrd and pug.

and this site shows mrd and pug.
http://www.ffxivinfo.com/job/dragoon.php
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-23 16:25:38  
Does anyone else find it ***that Berserk isn't a cross-class action? >:[ Cause I'm finding it ***that people can set LNC's Blood for Blood. 80sec recast on a dmg+20% action (granted you take 25% more damage during this, Berserk makes it so you can't perform any action after it wears in 15seconds for 5seconds.)
By Sorka 2013-08-23 17:13:01  
Anybody know if you can pick the language when you install because I'll be getting the collectors edition from amazon.de but it says the manual and the screentext will be german. Manual i do not care but gameplay I'd prefer english.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-08-24 00:38:16  
Sorka said: »
Anybody know if you can pick the language when you install because I'll be getting the collectors edition from amazon.de but it says the manual and the screentext will be german. Manual i do not care but gameplay I'd prefer english.

On the direct download one you can change the language. You get the options of French, German, English (UK), and English (US). I'm not sure about a CD.
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-24 00:53:42  
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
data mining containing information about the update
http://xivdb.com/?search/!patch-EarlyAccess

new spells and skills and other items

they added the "Ultima" spell
i wonder who uses it
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
It's weird. a lot of those development abilities look like blue mage abilities lol. what are they btw,
Developmental Abilities are usually mob abilities. I would assume Ultima is used by the mob Ultima Weapon.
 Valefor.Isabeau
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Isabeau 2013-08-24 09:10:02  
Wasn't sure where to ask this and I am sorry if this is the wrong spot. Does anyone know why there's a $10 price difference between the ps3 and PC versions of the game?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-24 09:44:55  
PC games are always cheaper, it's a fee or something that they don't need to pay or something
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-24 11:28:54  
Not sure if I'm just really blind or what, but are there no Fieldcraft leves above lv.15? I unlocked every leve in Thanalan that I could find, and Drybone's lv.15 leves were the highest miner leves I could find at all.

4k exp per leve(125~ Leves for a single level) is not going to cut it at 49, and normal grinding(even with rested + food + FC exp bonus) isn't all that great either. I kept hearing that DoL Exp was just so awesome now, so much better than what it was, and that isn't true at all.

I was 8k TNL this time last year. Came back and needed 490k exp. Didn't expect that at all, but I do want to finish this job still.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-08-24 11:31:24  
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
I was 8k TNL this time last year. Came back and needed 490k exp. Didn't expect that at all, but I do want to finish this job still.
Ouch.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-24 14:44:44  
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Not sure if I'm just really blind or what, but are there no Fieldcraft leves above lv.15? I unlocked every leve in Thanalan that I could find, and Drybone's lv.15 leves were the highest miner leves I could find at all.

4k exp per leve(125~ Leves for a single level) is not going to cut it at 49, and normal grinding(even with rested + food + FC exp bonus) isn't all that great either. I kept hearing that DoL Exp was just so awesome now, so much better than what it was, and that isn't true at all.

For the fieldcraft leves, try seeing if you can accept higher level ones from in Ul'dah, then you'll know where to go.

You should try Mor Dhona or w/e
 Valefor.Isabeau
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Isabeau 2013-08-24 15:45:05  
Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
PC games are always cheaper, it's a fee or something that they don't need to pay or something

I'd have to disagree. Xbox version of XI was the same price as PC. And on the ps3 you don't need the disc to run the game. I'm trying to figure it out myself xD.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-24 17:09:34  
Tried playing blm... I don't get it >…> or at least not the fire spells. Why does mana cost change? And flare says it costs like 1100 mana but always takes all. Any tips?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-24 21:25:28  
Sadly nothing but the lv.15s in Ul'dah and no leve guy at revenant's toll.
Sort of looking like 15 is actually the highest for DoL, or miner at the least. I don't understand why that's the case, but I just can't see any other areas for it.
I should have just powered on through the 100exp cobalt and darksteel back in 1.0 instead of waiting. Darksteel going to be pretty rare now, especially on those fresh servers.

Not sure how many bothered with it in 1.0, but Gambler's Crown is now stupid easy to get. Weaver is probably easiest, just find a cotton cowl which has 4 slots guaranteed on it already. My 5th slot was a 40% chance which is pretty damn great. Just need to find out where I can claim the crown now...

Flare has always(in 14) taken your full MP pool if it's successfully cast. Astral Fire/Ice thing is pretty weird so I kinda just decided to ditch Blm. Job is even more boring than it was before.
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2013-08-24 23:49:57  
Isn't there a way to change class/job without having to reequip all my gear... I could have sworn I remember Yoshida mentioning this but I keep getting naked whenever I change weapons >.>;
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2013-08-25 00:53:58  
You can save equipment sets the moment you can unlock other classes.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-25 10:50:29  
I'm tired and irritated, so I might've missed something.

I pre-ordered XIV CE, but I can't seem to find a pre-order bonus item code in it, only a SE game registration code and a XIV registration code. Is the XIV registration code the same one for pre-order stuff?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-08-25 10:59:38  
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

I pre-ordered XIV CE, but I can't seem to find a pre-order bonus item code in it, only a SE game registration code and a XIV registration code. Is the XIV registration code the same one for pre-order stuff?

as far as i know, yes. you will get the items on August 27th on official launch and the collectors edition has "end game" items
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-25 11:04:15  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

as far as i know, yes. you will get the items on August 27th on official launch and the collectors edition has "end game" items

Ahh! Much appreciated Kara! :D I've been racking my head all day while I've been at work trying to think of what I might've missed.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-26 12:05:45  
More, very likely obvious, questions! :D

Saw people running around with baby behemoths and coeurl mounts today (the bonus items you get from the Collectors Edition). I'm a 1.0 CE Legacy member, so I didn't bother registering any of the codes that came with my game (not my Pre-order code, Product Registration or Game registration) and can't for the life of me get any mail from the delivery moogle that gives me anything.

One of my friends had the 1.0 CE, but wasn't a legacy member. They pre-ordered their CE game and registered their pre-order code, but (apparently) haven't found a way to get their behemoth/coeurl/light helmet yet either.

Have I missed something?
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 33 34 35