Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 09:36:06  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
yep, looks just like mine

YAY PLAYING ON LOWEST SETTINGS!

gonna play around with it more, see if I can go higher.

MUST GO HIGHER!

That and my CPU is only idling with the game on at like 40%, same with RAM.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-24 09:36:17  
Slippppppppppyyyyyyy where are uuuuuuuuuuuuu
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-24 09:37:46  
W- This isn't LS Ni.. My bad..
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-24 09:45:38  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
yep, looks just like mine

YAY PLAYING ON LOWEST SETTINGS!

I was playing on Lowest of the Low for a lil bit in Beta, before I realized what a little powerhouse my GTS250 really is. Ran the game with no mark'd decrease in performance when I turned all the textures to max, and texture filtering to max. Enabled some shadows and even stuck on Extended draw.

I'm curious if I'll be able to run Depth of Field or Ambient Occulsion in the client. In beta, I got some pretty notable processor bottlenecks because of my lousy AMD Athlon X2 4200+. So running on NES grpahics or High really didn't take a frame hit. The only thing that seemed to slow me down was MSAA in the Black Shroud.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 09:46:02  

That's about as high as I can push it graphics wise without it being unplayable, little bit of chat delay, but not too bad.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-24 09:48:09  
Quote:
I have a 360 controller (I bought it just for this game
Of all the controllers to buy, you bought THAT one?
/facepalm

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:

Where's the print screen button at? I tried looking up and it doesn't say in the manual.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-24 09:48:41  

That's about as high as I can push it graphics wise without it being unplayable, little bit of chat delay, but not too bad.

What's your definition of Unplayable? Some people consider anything less than 60FPS unplayable!

Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 09:51:47  
Odin.Zicdeh said:

What's your definition of Unplayable? Some people consider anything less than 60FPS unplayable!

Less then 20 FPS, sitting at that right now, could make it higher if I lowered some things.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 09:53:34  
Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
I have a 360 controller (I bought it just for this game
Of all the controllers to buy, you bought THAT one?
/facepalm

Where's the print screen button at? I tried looking up and it doesn't say in the manual.

on Keyboard you have to Hold Scroll Lock and hit the Prt Scr key for screenshots.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-24 09:53:59  
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Less then 20 FPS, sitting at that right now, could make it higher if I lowered some things.

Ah, then we have a very similar definition. I can tolerate some drops under 20fps, but sustained under 20fps sucks ***.

What are your spec's if you don't mind my asking?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 10:00:43  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Ah, then we have a very similar definition. I can tolerate some drops under 20fps, but sustained under 20fps sucks ***.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.17 GHz
4GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 1GB
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-24 10:05:49  
ffxiv works on my nvidia 8600, its a dell dimension with 2gb ram, 1tb hdd, 3.4ghz, and its a pent 4.

Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 10:07:47  
*** YEAH STRAW HAT

Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-24 10:19:53  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
ffxiv works on my nvidia 8600, its a dell dimension with 2gb ram, 1tb hdd, 3.4ghz, and its a pent 4.

880GTS 512
2G ram
AMD Athlon 64 Clawhammer 1.8ghz
1.5 TB

"runs" for me

i just upgraded to
i3
3GM DDr3 1333
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-24 10:29:14  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

4GB RAM

Very close to the Hardware I have. I've only got the AMD Athlon X2 4200+ (2.2GHZ), but my GPU is a GTS250 (Which is a GTX9800 on a more power efficient board).

What drivers are you using? I'm sorry for 50 questions, I'm just trying to see if there's any Hardware/driver configurations that are working and nearly analogous to mine, in case FFXIV decides to be a *** and not work on startup.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 10:32:02  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

4GB RAM

Very close to the Hardware I have. I've only got the AMD Athlon X2 4200+ (2.2GHZ), but my GPU is a GTS250 (Which is a GTX9800 on a more power efficient board).

What drivers are you using? I'm sorry for 50 questions, I'm just trying to see if there's any Hardware/driver configurations that are working and nearly analogous to mine, in case FFXIV decides to be a *** and not work on startup.

Your card has separate drivers for them I think.

I have 64 bit drivers on now (GEFORCE/ION DRIVER RELEASE 256)

if that's what your asking.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-24 10:45:41  
Yeah, I updated a while back during the beta to the Beta drivers. They ran my GPU much cooler, but didn't fix any of the probably unrelated issues I was having with the previous iteration. I didn't realize you were using 64bit OS. I'm running 260.63, I hate updating drivers though. People always recommend uninstalling previous graphics drivers, but for some reason, I can't JUST uninstall the graphics drivers, it takes out my Network drivers too.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 10:54:29  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Yeah, I updated a while back during the beta to the Beta drivers. They ran my GPU much cooler, but didn't fix any of the probably unrelated issues I was having with the previous iteration. I didn't realize you were using 64bit OS. I'm running 260.63, I hate updating drivers though. People always recommend uninstalling previous graphics drivers, but for some reason, I can't JUST uninstall the graphics drivers, it takes out my Network drivers too.

I don't bother with uninstalling previous drivers, just seems silly really since the new ones just overwrite the old ones really.

I don't normally trust beta drivers but maybe might mess with those and see what I get.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-24 10:56:52  
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I don't bother with uninstalling previous drivers, just seems silly really since the new ones just overwrite the old ones really.

I don't normally trust beta drivers but maybe might mess with those and see what I get.

The beta drivers were specifically on Nvidia's site, so I trusted them enough. Like I said, the card actually ran much cooler, but I still had that horrible, unpredictable 1-5FPS drop, though I still have no idea what was causing it. Hopefully it was just because of the unstable beta3 build -_- I really want to play this damn game.
 Cerberus.Blossoming
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blossoming 2010-09-24 11:02:14  
I did the update for the driver with no changes on launch. I'm not sure entirely where to check my DirectX version, but I am pretty sure I at least have the 9.0 Version. Would I have to manually uninstall any of my previous drivers or are they automatically replaced from the download? I tried a Beta Driver as well last night before I gave up for the night.
 Kujata.Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-24 11:05:26  
Quote:
on Keyboard you have to Hold Scroll Lock and hit the Prt Scr key for screenshots.

yay thanks

now that I can take screenshots, I've got mine at 8xQ CSAA and highest textures and I don't know the framerate but it's very playable for me. Did all the leves in that camp outside Ul'dha and Coins of the Sands at that setting.

Intel i5
nVidia 250
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 11:06:53  
Cerberus.Blossoming said:
I did the update for the driver with no changes on launch. I'm not sure entirely where to check my DirectX version, but I am pretty sure I at least have the 9.0 Version. Would I have to manually uninstall any of my previous drivers or are they automatically replaced from the download? I tried a Beta Driver as well last night before I gave up for the night.

Should say what direct X version you have in the config for xiv (config, then hit uhh, system information I think)
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-24 11:15:50  
Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:

yay thanks

now that I can take screenshots, I've got mine at 8xQ CSAA and highest textures and I don't know the framerate but it's very playable for me. Did all the leves in that camp outside Ul'dha and Coins of the Sands at that setting.

*pretty images here*

Intel i5
nVidia 250

Those look amazing!

I should have upgraded my GPU this year, but decided on getting a wii lol.

I think I only have mine at x2 MSAA and everything but shadows on high or standard.
 Cerberus.Blossoming
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blossoming 2010-09-24 11:29:41  
Cerberus.Blossoming said:
Should say what direct X version you have in the config for xiv (config, then hit uhh, system information I think)

Thank you. It says I currently have DirectX 11. Even though I updated my Drivers its still showing the one I had before I updated/restarted PC.

-=-=-=-=-=-=- System Information -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64bit (build 7600)
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
Number of Processors Logical Core Count 2 Physical Core Count 2
BIOS oC)Phoenix - AwardBIOSTeDell System v6.00PG
Language English (Regional Setting: English)
Physical Memory 1982.492MB
Virtual Memory 2047.875MB
Page File 3964.984MB
Storage C:\ Hard Disk Drive Total Disk Space 455.714GB Free Disk Space 219.788GB
Storage D:\ Hard Disk Drive Total Disk Space 455.714GB Free Disk Space 219.788GB
Storage E:\ Hard Disk Drive Total Disk Space 10.000GB Free Disk Space 2.289GB
DirectX Version DirectX 11
Graphic Device(s) NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
+Device \\.\DISPLAY1
+Chip GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
+Maker NVIDIA
+Video Memory 57.988 MB
+Shared Video Memory 735.246 MB
+DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
+Display Mode 1280 x 960 (32 bit) (75Hz)
+Driver nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum
+Driver Version 8.17.0012.5896
+Driver Date 7/9/2010 3:38:00 PM
+Driver Language English
+Vertex Shader 3.0
+Pixel Shader 3.0
+Vertex Texture Supported

Added this in case anyone notices anything I should update. Thank you for the help so far.

Kujata.Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-24 11:30:08  
The cut scenes and particle effects look pretty good too but I couldn't get a good screenshot of them. The first CS when you start in Ul'dah is impressive though. I'll never look at a Goobbue the same way again x'D

Casting Banish at night:
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-24 11:30:08  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Slippppppppppyyyyyyy where are uuuuuuuuuuuuu
o.0 here?
By Flionheart 2010-09-24 11:34:00  
Anyone who wants a pearl in Limsa I'll be there for an hour or so. Let me know in game.

Name is Chronos Raum.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
サーバ: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-09-24 11:34:36  
I have 2 questions/concerns:
I haven't decided yet on which server or class to join.

1. Anyone know which is a server where most people on USA (EST, CST, PST) time zones are going to?

2. I'm curious to know (since im craftman) I'd like be DISCIPLE OF THE HAND - GOLDSMITHING or BLACKSMITH job CLASS.
Will that prevent me from doing GLADIATOR JOB?

The point I'm trying to make is... can I eventually become a level 50 GLADIATOR (max Level at this time) whilst taking GOLDMITHING to its maximum (whatever the lvl is).

In conclusion, I would like to know if is just possible (like in FF11 to take all jobs to their maximum, as well to take at least ONE CRAFT to its MAX)
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 33 34 35