Without A Doubt The Creepiest Thing I've Seen In A

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Without a doubt the creepiest thing I've seen in a
Without a doubt the creepiest thing I've seen in a
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-08-24 18:51:53  
while.(Title got randomly cut)

My friend linked me these series of videos from youtube the other day.

It's about some student filming gone wrong...

Just check this short introduction first. And from there on the site check the #1 entry to whatever entry you want. :)

[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-08-24 19:11:22  

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 19:12:17  
God damn I hate Marble hornets. For days I ***myself

DAYS

I hate this video set.

Prepare to ***yourself.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 19:23:46  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

DAYS

I hate this video set.

Prepare to ***yourself.

So should I check it or not check it?

Feel like I am going to be Rick Rolled.

I'm active on the internet, and this is the scariest thing I've seen on the net.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-08-24 19:25:09  
I'm on #4. >_> I keep expecting something to jump out, or maybe a loud sound. XD Gawd should I wait till someone can watch with me ? XD
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-24 19:25:36  
Oh im so very intruiged...but dont want to scare the crap out of myself right now lol anyone care to explain a little about it? true story? etc etc

I'll probly watch them soon however.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-08-24 19:26:08  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

DAYS

I hate this video set.

Prepare to ***yourself.

I'm in the EU it's nighttime now. I stopped with entry one, I will watch the rest in daylight.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-24 19:26:10  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

DAYS

I hate this video set.

Prepare to ***yourself.

I'm active on the internet, and this is the scariest thing I've seen on the net.

I don't know I heard the pain olympics were bad.
disgustingly horrific but not scary..
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-08-24 19:27:30  
Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
Oh im so very intruiged...but dont want to scare the crap out of myself right now lol anyone care to explain a little about it? true story? etc etc

I'll probly watch them soon however.

Creepy stuff. Staged of course, because after all, I still don't believe in this ***.

But it still creeps me out.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-24 19:32:05  
#5's audio is freakin' me out >_> It's silly I know, but it's kinda hard to watch.
 Unicorn.Emirii
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2010-08-24 19:35:56  
after watching most of it, im going to call this one staged :| but nice find for freaky buffs lol
 Ifrit.Keeria
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-24 19:46:27  
I'm on 14. It's fairly creepy I'll admit, but I'm also going to call it staged. His house looks too much like a set, for example. Still fun to watch so far, though.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 19:59:17  
Entry #11 and not impressed, I hope it picks up
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-24 20:05:01  
It's staged, just look it up on the internet. Also, simple deduction: he was a film student doing his final project. It's probably that his friend's final project was filming a story of the actor going crazy.

But I must say, it's pretty nifty.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-08-24 20:08:35  
I'm afraid to disappoint, but yeah it's staged. It's called the "Slenderman" ARG, standing for alternate reality game. They're basically a series of puzzles set by the inventor, and then individuals or communities try to work on solving said puzzles. The story then evolves as certain puzzles are solved or when the inventor sees fit.

It seems like a pretty cool idea though, and while I haven't seen much of it, it looks quite well done. Reminds me of The Blair Witch Project.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-24 20:09:53  
You guys have actually probably all seen Slender Men pics, they're a lot more common than you'd realize.

It's pretty cool that someone made a giant documentary over this though!
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-24 20:15:35  
Well, I just finished 16 and I have to say, so far it's been shot like a film, not at all how people seriously interested in documenting a phenomenon would do it. The camera is almost constantly at the floor and the light sources are rarely on the things that are really interesting (you'd think he'd spend more than a brief moment staring at certain horrible things before casually moving on to the next element).

The original cameraman is clearly trying to get footage of the eerily tall ghost-man who is stalking him, yet he never holds the camera in such a way that we get more than a mere glimpse. Even on the occasions that he goes hunting the man, the instant the camera sees him, it goes blurry as he runs like a maniac. Definitely not doing a good job with his primary goal, there.

Also, he moves according to what the camera sees, not what he should be seeing. For instance, he runs once the camera gets a glimpse of the man, not once he does. A small problem is presented here, because one of two things is happening, and both are flawed.
1: He sees the man and raises the camera to get a brief shot. Flawed in that he runs immediately upon the briefest possible shot, indicating that he should be too scared to raise the camera at all, or that he only sees what the camera sees.
2: He is terrified of the man and runs as soon as he sees him. Flawed in that he should see the man well before we do, since he usually raises the camera from the ground to see what surprises us (the audience): the man; this indicates that he's clearly not too terrified to get his shot.
Both cases signify both absolute, uncontrollable terror and a rational state of mind. Simultaneously. Yeah, right.

That said, the videos are impossible to be real, despite their presentation. I could go on to debunk it further, but I think my point comes across in the above rant already.

I do want to point out that I think they're a decent multi-part horror flick; I'm pretty entertained and eager to see how events will unfold next. Just that, despite the videos' insistence upon their reality, too many logical problems arise in the protagonists' actions for this to be the case.

Not that I think anyone here thought they were real to begin with; just thought I'd offer some rational argument for fun.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 20:21:34  
#18 and I genuinely want my time back for watching this crap.

Crap may be too harsh a term, and by youtube standards, it's nifty as Sect said, but not anything like it was hyped up to be by the title and OP.

Out of respect for Flion's opinion on such matters, I watch on...
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-24 20:25:34  
Fairy.Spence said:

Crap may be too harsh a term, and by youtube standards, it's nifty as Sect said, but not anything like it was hyped up to be by the title and OP.

It sounds like it just might not be for you. Shouldn't be insulting to anyone. I laughed at the scary part of The Ring, amused that everyone was terrified by a girl coming out of a television. Not that you didn't laugh at it either, I don't know; just saying that different things freak out different people.

Personally it's not freaking me out at all. I'm just watching it as a fairly interesting story with patchy camerawork. I view on for the next plot point, not the next scare.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 20:29:12  
I dunno, if you don't like it by #18 you might not get it. I thought it was scary, but each to our own I suppose.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-24 20:35:20  
I don't really care if it is real, it's still a good watch.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-24 20:41:35  
Going to watch through these tomorrow (getting late here) but figured I'd mention some other video channel on youtube you guys might like..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fewdiodotcom?feature=chclk

It's an amateur horror movie channel. I'll openly admit, some of the vids aren't remotely scary, because they try to add in some comedy. However, there are some damn good ones in there, not always IN YO FACE scary, but subtle/creepy to send a chill down your spine. I HATE the 'mockingbird' one...
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-08-24 20:42:24  
Fairy.Spence said:

Crap?

Wether it's creepy or not to some people, I think if nothing else it's a very interesting watch.

Crap is not a harsh term for this, it's uncalled for.

Feels like the "It doesn't scare me, so it doesn't serve its purpose, so it must be crap!" approach.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-24 20:46:42  
wat is this exactly lol
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-24 20:46:55  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Crap?

Wether it's creepy or not to some people, I think if nothing else it's a very interesting watch.

Crap is not a harsh term for this, it's uncalled for.

Feels like the "It doesn't scare me, so it doesn't serve its purpose, so it must be crap!" approach.

No, you're right, I was going to edit that post but I got lazy. The intro movie was clever, it certainly catches your interest. I guess I just expected more.

Terrible acting doesn't help it much either.

[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-24 20:53:41  
Are #21 and 22 supposed to have sound? I'm thinking something just went wrong with my pc... but iunno
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-08-24 20:58:49  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Are #21 and 22 supposed to have sound? I'm thinking something just went wrong with my pc... but iunno
They did for me.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-24 21:00:07  
That sucks :< just watched thru both and no sound, not muted or anything... -.-
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18