Ranged Attack Cap?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranged Attack cap?
Ranged Attack cap?
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-08-23 05:27:28  
I was wondering about ratt gear and how it works (simply). While fighting lizards in abyssea, I realized that I was still wearing my frugal cape (go-go beseiged skill ups). After switching back to amement +1, I noticed that my damage really didn't increase at all, maybe 1-2 points per shot.

I always figured that ratt upped the damage from attacks, so was I somehow at a cap (unlikely based on still using scorpion arrows), or have been thinking about ratt wrong all the time?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-23 05:31:49  
Ratt works in the same way regular attack works. The maximum damage you deal is based on your weapon/ammo D value, vs. higher def enemies you'll hit the lower curve of that value, which is when ratt is important. So yes you can cap ratk on stuff like merit mobs quite easily, in which case further ratk won't contribute anything.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 05:36:00  
There is no att/ratt cap value. The caps are placed further in the calculation. Though I don't think all the testing is done (at least not shown on wiki) for the new ratt cappings this is still a good read.

Also if you go thru and do the math on that page you can see how at higher Cratios the variance in dmg from +att gets smaller and smaller. And because of the range of dmg it can be kinda hard to tell.

Also if you read it it's not actually easy to completely cap att for most DDs on merit lvl mobs without some serious att buffs and -def debuffs. And ratt always capped higher
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2010-08-23 08:59:44  
More likely is that you stayed between a .9 and 1.1 pdif. Ranged attack in unique in the fact that any ranged attack you add between .9 and 1.1 doesn't increase damage at all. However, once you hit 1.2 it continues to increase in a regular fashion. You can see what is probably happening if 15 ratt isn't increasing damage here:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/File:R-pdif-v2.gif