フォーラム » FFXI » General » Just saw the news flash about update info
Just saw the news flash about update info
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 13:48:27  
And I ....jizzed in my pants.... lol

Ok but seriously how awesome is that? Empyreal WSs to go with the new weapons? Awesome... Armor Trials? Awesome again.... Magian Specs now giving you a 2 day weather forecast? SCORE!!!!! Discuss. :P
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-20 13:52:21  
Weather glasses are amazing and anyone that has ever camped KV is cursing SE right now..

But*** worthy? I dont know..I'm not sold yet..as soon as I learn I can ToTM my Homam Legs, Adaberk and Byakko's Hiadate then yes I might join you in ClubJizz.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 13:54:07  
It's a teaser. We'll see how great it is when it's actually released. Remember how excited people were over FoV augments being announced? Yeah, we all know how well that turned out...

This isn't***-pants worthy yet, otherwise that's premature ejaculation.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 13:54:56  
I'm working on Masamune and Verethragna, and I want to see what new WSs will come of them...I'm 4 trials from completing each (Damn lack of VNM help lol). I'm sure the WSs will be pretty sick.

edit: lol Tool and hell I've gotten a REALLY REALLY nice FoV augment and I saw one that made me soil my shorts lol (was a flame ring with dex+2 vit-3 agi-3 acc+5)
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 13:58:39  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Weather glasses are amazing and anyone that has ever camped KV is cursing SE right now..

But*** worthy? I dont know..I'm not sold yet..as soon as I learn I can ToTM my Homam Legs, Adaberk and Byakko's Hiadate then yes I might join you in ClubJizz.

I'd rather see them update other gear than Kings stuff which is usually under a monopoly on most servers. Would be a good way to finally kill ancient content.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-20 13:58:43  
Fenrir.Tool said:
It's a teaser. We'll see how great it is when it's actually released. Remember how excited people were over FoV augments being announced? Yeah, we all know how well that turned out... This isn't***-pants worthy yet, otherwise that's premature ejaculation.
Which clearly the OP suffers from..
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 14:01:32  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
It's a teaser. We'll see how great it is when it's actually released. Remember how excited people were over FoV augments being announced? Yeah, we all know how well that turned out... This isn't***-pants worthy yet, otherwise that's premature ejaculation.
Which clearly the OP suffers from..

LOL....I love the posters on these forums..so damn funny +1 internets for you sir lol
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 14:03:37  
You were extremely lucky then, most FoV augments look like this.

[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 14:04:26  
lol hey thats my submitted screen shot of a guy i saw on my server!!! LOL

edit: my really nice augment was a flame ring with +3 racc on it which may not sound like much but its pretty damn nice for rng or sam/rng or cor slug build, and i saw a flame ring with +7 racc as well which is just @_@

edit2: also i REALLY hope they raise the limit of 5 trials to more considering how armor sets run 5 pieces....maybe more if they include accessories..
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-08-20 14:08:20  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
I'm not sold yet..as soon as I learn I can ToTM my Homam Legs, Adaberk and Byakko's Hiadate then yes I might join you in ClubJizz.

Well you dont have anything to worry about then... please see below.

Taken from spoiler:
Introduction of Armor Trials
To this point, Trial of the Magians has focused on the enhancement of weapons. New trials to be introduced in the coming version update, however, will be centered on a new series of armor that will be obtainable in Abyssea. A unique set will exist for each job, and when augmented through trials, their powers will truly be a sight to behold!

Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-21 05:32:46  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
And I ....jizzed in my pants.... lol

Ok but seriously how awesome is that? Empyreal WSs to go with the new weapons ? Awesome... Armor Trials? Awesome again.... Magian Specs now giving you a 2 day weather forecast? SCORE!!!!! Discuss. :P

Too bad it's nigh impossible to get the level 80 weapons, let alone the level 90 ones. We already know that we won't get to use those weapon skills, you heard it here first. Seriously who has the level 80 ones right now ? Noone. See you at level 99 when you finally can farm the level 90 weapons.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-21 05:35:16  
LOL Seriously, who pissed in your cereal Pimpchan? All I ever see you post on these forums is QQing about how badly this game is dead or how old armor is absolute garbage now (which isn't always the case)... Do you need a hug? lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-21 05:38:02  
you got the level 80 empyreal ?
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-21 05:46:53  
To this point, Trial of the Magians has focused on the enhancement of weapons. New trials to be introduced in the coming version update, however, will be centered on a new series of armor that will be obtainable in Abyssea. A unique set will exist for each job, and when augmented through trials, their powers will truly be a sight to behold!

THAT just screams ! lol good luck getting this and the augments!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-08-21 06:13:27  
Asura.Rinkydink said:

THAT just screams ! lol good luck getting this and the augments!

Yea, remember when synergy + Evolith's were released, and how popular they caught on? Yah? Me either. I feel it's just going to be like that.
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-21 06:42:22  
basically yeh!

(oh and will this constitute AF3?) seeing how its EACH job specific?

pls god no
 Carbuncle.Calem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-08-21 07:40:03  
Regular AF armour is lv.50-60, relic armour is Lv.70-75, and I reckon the new augmentable sets will be the new equivalent of these sets for Lv.80-90. There's already a screenshot on the Scars of Abyssea site of a RDM wearing what looks like a new style of pimp hat (one that's completely red in colour, rather than red & black), and the fact they say that there will be one set for each job seems to scream AF3 to me.

As for what the augments are, who knows. At the moment I'm thinking they'll be something along the lines of the relic weapon trials (although far less grueling), where you simply upgrade the gear to a higher level and its stats get boosted as a result. This would allow a Lv.80-90 set to get upgraded for use from Lv.90-99, which seems fitting for something such as AF3 armour.

Maybe it will be better than that though, and we'll get to customise what bonuses our AF3 sets give us. Instead of relegating the armour pieces that 'define your job' to use in a gear swap macro for a few brief seconds (looking at you, Temple Gaiters and Temple Crown), maybe we'll get to decide from a list of possible augments to the base piece so we get exactly what we want.

RDMs with +25% Fastcast, THFs with Treasure Hunter 6, SAMs with enough Store TP to achieve 4 or 3 hit builds, a DRG helmet that combines "Wyvern uses breaths more effectively" with "enhances Wyvern's breath"... I could go on for a while listing all the stuff that might appear as part of these augments. Of course I'm probably being unrealistic with some of them, but then again I don't think anybody expected NIN to lose their monopoly on dual-wield last time. SE are a bunch of crazy mo-fos, so god knows what they'll end up doing.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-21 08:04:04  
I find ToTM taking a downward turn now, all SE's hype of augment your "Favorite" weapons and armor translated into none of your favorite weapons and armor only stuff in the chest.