フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Demon Arrows
Demon Arrows
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2010-08-03 00:25:45  
Have gone up to 200k for a Quiver. wtf

Its not as if we do exceptionally high damage over time (Except on bird type mobs) The only advantage we get is being out of range for some AoE attacks :/

Time to retire RNG?
 Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Roel
By Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe 2010-08-03 01:17:20  
Reason being the increase in price is that Rangers use this to for TPing. No Ranger in their right mind even if you are rich as *** to TP in Kabura Arrows. Also reasonable you can TP in Antlion Arrows which should be cheaper than Kabura or Demon on some server tho the availability is an issue on the Antlion Arrows...supply doesnt permit ppl to buy shitload of this arrow and just waste them using TP. Considering Antlion Jaw isnt a common drop. with THF4 i was 1/15 Antlion Jaw on the EP and even the higher lvl ones has almost the same drop rate. so i hope that answers your question.

Kabura Quiverx12 = 300k
Demon Quiverx12 = 200k (used to be 100k)
Antlion Quiverx1 = 30k on some servers but limited suply
 Ifrit.Vextra
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-03 01:37:33  
sucks to be on your server, ours are only 90k for a stack.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-03 01:51:31  
It's actually cheaper for me to use kabura, because I synth them myself and can buy the arrowheads and giant bird fletchings cheaper from the ah than demon mats at this time. (Or at least, last time I checked.) The lumber of course is from the tenshodo, and I can farm the ram horns if I bring a leatherworking pal to take the skins for me for the sake of room.

But anyways. Yeah, it is getting ridiculous to be a rng. It's too dang expensive to buy ammo, and when you synth it yourself it gets to the point where when you think of being on ranger, you just think about sitting in town for hours on end mindlessly synthing. {No thanks.} This is why I will bring my rng to specific events if my ls needs it, but I will not level it anymore.
 Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Roel
By Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe 2010-08-03 01:57:02  
for me i have no choice >.< ill be always going rng in any events! lol lvl80 yoichi will do that to you tho ; ; lol
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-08-03 02:56:41  
Woodworking 100+3... I havent tp'd with demons in a long long time unless it was an emergency and i just happened to run low on kaburas for some reason. Now i exclusively use Antlions.

But honestly, the demon issue is, the lack of demon horns on the AH recently, coupled with a veritable *** ton of people taking Rng to 80.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-08-03 03:24:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe said:
Reason being the increase in price is that Rangers use this to for TPing. No Ranger in their right mind even if you are rich as *** to TP in Kabura Arrows. Also reasonable you can TP in Antlion Arrows which should be cheaper than Kabura or Demon on some server tho the availability is an issue on the Antlion Arrows...supply doesnt permit ppl to buy shitload of this arrow and just waste them using TP. Considering Antlion Jaw isnt a common drop. with THF4 i was 1/15 Antlion Jaw on the EP and even the higher lvl ones has almost the same drop rate. so i hope that answers your question. Kabura Quiverx12 = 300k Demon Quiverx12 = 200k (used to be 100k) Antlion Quiverx1 = 30k on some servers but limited suply
Every server is different. Kabura quivers are 160k on cerb. Demons are around 150k and possibly rising. Stack of demon arrowheads are pushing 200k, or could make them for 120k or less, and fletchings are 40k. Whereas a stack of karimata arrowheads are going for 30k with fletchings under 20k... Add in 1k x99 for ram horns for Kabura's. You do the math.
By Lyonard 2010-08-03 05:57:48  
if money are a big issue, u can always tp with scorpion and ws // barrage with demon/kabura/antlion... dot will lose 10 dmgs but at least u will save a lot of gils ^^
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2010-08-03 09:49:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Experimentalroe said:
Reason being the increase in price is that Rangers use this to for TPing. No Ranger in their right mind even if you are rich as *** to TP in Kabura Arrows. Also reasonable you can TP in Antlion Arrows which should be cheaper than Kabura or Demon on some server tho the availability is an issue on the Antlion Arrows...supply doesnt permit ppl to buy shitload of this arrow and just waste them using TP. Considering Antlion Jaw isnt a common drop. with THF4 i was 1/15 Antlion Jaw on the EP and even the higher lvl ones has almost the same drop rate. so i hope that answers your question.

Kabura Quiverx12 = 300k
Demon Quiverx12 = 200k (used to be 100k)
Antlion Quiverx1 = 30k on some servers but limited suply

I've always TP in Demons.. I don't see why they have jumped from 80k-->200k per 12x99

Besides the fact people trying to get from 75-80 fast which would drive up the price slightly. I can make Black Chocobo feathers so I might ask a WW to work with me to make my own arrows.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-08-03 11:39:02  
The jump in price is not just because of demand, hell there are 38 stacks on my server right now and they are back down to 125k, but the cost of the heads has gone up drastically. Most of us that can make our own demon arrowheads were unaffected, but the majority of people out there crafting may not be able to say the same thing.