RNG Legs?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG Legs?
RNG Legs?
First Page 2
 Valefor.Hjui
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Hjui
By Valefor.Hjui 2010-08-01 08:06:25  
Was wondering what some of the best leg choices are for RNG 70-75 and beyond.

I figure since RNG accuracy is pretty good the best option might be something holding some ranged attack rather than accuracy.

Please let me know what you conclude.

Thanks

Hjui
 Hades.Shipoopi
サーバ: Hades
user: Shampaz
By Hades.Shipoopi 2010-08-01 08:14:23  
i tend to go for Dusk Trousers they're racc but it means you can macro in better str gear in other slots, but hey, i'm only lvl 73 so don't just take my word for it lol
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-08-01 08:18:02  
Well, personally I use Skadi for my 5-hit with a hellfire+1... But otherwise, the relic pants that drop from San d'Oria dynamis are very good. There aren't many Ranged Attack+ choices. I think Rebubligar gives+5, and that's pretty much the most for a legs piece, lol. Just go with Skadi or relic legs.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 08:22:08  
Dusk are the best all round piece, because it's essentially a peacock charm... You can have more attack and STR in other slots (which is readily more available than on the legs), and those slots also can't give you as big a boost as +10 on accuracy.

Skadi are the best leg piece period, but not the easiest item to obtain.

Yes, Ranger is a very accurate job, but you still need accuracy to cap it.
[+]
 Odin.Dryzt
サーバ: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2010-08-01 08:38:03  
I use Relic for TP, Pahluwan for WS. these definitely aren't the BEST options, but they're good enough. Great if you're on a budget. Aurore seems good too, same r.acc as relic +1.
 Ifrit.Vextra
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-01 08:49:02  
Hachiryu
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 09:04:34  
Odin.Dryzt said:
I use Relic for TP, Pahluwan for WS. these definitely aren't the BEST options, but they're good enough. Great if you're on a budget. Aurore seems good too, same r.acc as relic +1.

Dusk Legs are 5 digits on Lakshmi, shouldn't really be too much to anyone levelling Ranger. They are better than the NQ & HQ Relic Legs (the HQ relic legs cost more to upgrade than Dusk Legs to buy) Aurore legs are a nice, cheap (or free) Dusk, and I misread your post. lol.
By Saiii 2010-08-01 09:36:34  
Actually you have a few choices.

Dusk
Aurore
Pala
AF2
Ebon
Skadi
Enkidu
Hachiryu
Oily

It really depends on your cash lvl, what you are able to get, and the rest of your gear.

If your capped on Acc and don't need STP in that slot to reach another xhit, then Hachiryu or Pala or Ebon are going to be good choices.

If you need STP then obviously Skadi or Enkidu

If you need Acc in that slot to reach cap then AF2, Dusk, Aurore, Oily or Ebon again can work.

Not really a leg option like Byakko's that is going to be "best" all the time.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 09:46:28  
Saiii said:
Oily

They are more expensive than Dusk and provide a 1/4 less of the accuracy. Real waste of money for RNG, but if you have them lying around from THF, maybe...
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-08-01 10:00:30  
Entois Trousers, if you don't need the ACC from skadi or dusk or the STP for your Xhit build from skadi. These would probaly be best.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 10:03:39  
Gules Subligar +1 is a good Skadi substitute if you don't need the accuracy.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Jnumbahz
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Numbahz
By Gilgamesh.Jnumbahz 2010-08-01 10:17:37  
I always used Hachiryu for my WS and Oily for /Ra. But there are less expensive options.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 10:40:08  
Gilgamesh.Jnumbahz said:
I always used Hachiryu for my WS and Oily for /Ra. But there are less expensive options.

I can not even understand Oily.

They cost 400k (and this was considerabely more before the update), and give +7.5 ranged accuracy. Dusk cost a quarter of the price, and give +10.

You are paying more for less.
 Carbuncle.Lileana
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sumiyaka
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-08-01 10:45:22  
I switch between (Galliard's, Enkidu, Scout's, ASA pants)
depending on what I'm doing.

RACC: Relic/Galliard's
Str/Stp: Enkidu.
Barrage and ratk: Asa pants
Enmity down: Relic

Oily just doesn't offer much for its price much better pieces for much less. Dusk are good so long as your not doing a kite fight then they fail.

If you need Racc I'd go with Aurore once you hit 78.
or Relic. both pretty easy to obtain. long as you have a dyna ls that does city runs still. and have no cons
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 10:49:27  
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Dusk are good so long as your not doing a kite fight then they fail.

You can't shoot and run, so I fail to see your point on this. Agree with everything else though.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-01 10:52:44  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:

You can't shoot and run, so I fail to see your point on this. Agree with everything else though.

Pushing a wlegs\trotter macro is too much effort you know:P
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lileana
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-08-01 11:08:38  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Pushing a wlegs\trotter macro is too much effort you know:P

I Don't see the point in having to switch out legs after every shot for 1 more Racc.

And not everyone has wlegs/Striders/Skadi.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 11:13:03  
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
I Don't see the point in having to switch out legs after every shot for 1 more Racc.

The point is you can move at enhanced speed and still have the best ranged accuracy available, lol.
 Leviathan.Noxious
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Nitrous
By Leviathan.Noxious 2010-08-01 11:53:46  
I'm surprised no one mentioned the new Rapid Shot legs. I forget their name... But they were introduced w/ the level cap raise. If you can get your hands on a pair of those, that would be your best tp-build option. Get stp elsewhere if you have to.

Concerning oily trousers: "Real waste of money for RNG..." Wrong. Oily trousers are the most accurate ws piece for ranger, bar none.

And what about Shantotto legs? Barrage +1? Anyone? :P
 Carbuncle.Lileana
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-08-01 11:59:43  
Leviathan.Noxious said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned the new Rapid Shot legs. I forget their name... But they were introduced w/ the level cap raise. If you can get your hands on a pair of those, that would be your best tp-build option. Get stp elsewhere if you have to. Concerning oily trousers: "Real waste of money for RNG..." Wrong. Oily trousers are the most accurate ws piece for ranger, bar none. And what about Shantotto legs? Barrage +1? Anyone? :P

How do you get Oily are most Accurate?
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 12:00:36  
Leviathan.Noxious said:
Concerning oily trousers: "Real waste of money for RNG..." Wrong. Oily trousers are the most accurate ws piece for ranger, bar none.

Pahluwan Legs are better. 3 STR, 4 Racc. If you're gearing AGI over STR for WS you're playing the job wrong. If you're looking for accuracy on weapon skills, there are easier ways of getting it.

Guess how much Pahluwan Legs cost? Why you would pay 400k for an inferior piece I don't know, but whatever works for you. You can play and gear how you like, just don't tell others it's the best when it's not.
 Fairy.Haxorking
サーバ: Fairy
user: Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-08-01 12:25:05  
Desultor Tassets with the augments Racc+7 Ratk+7, they have an additional AGI+2 as a base stat. This is both a great tp and weaponskill piece, and has the additional benefit of not having movement speed down as oily and dusk do. Most people go for Barrage+1, but it's not as great as you might think. The only real reason you should choose barrage+1 is if you don't have Hunter's Bracers +1. The two items do in fact stack making an 8 hit barrage, the problem is that the 8th hit is extremely hard to land. If you have capped accuracy (95% hit ratio), you have only a 66% chance of landing the 8th shot. If you have 90% accuracy, then the chance of landing the 8th shot drops into the low 40%'s. Even with capped accuracy you only get a 66% chance of 1 extra shot every 5 minutes, which in the long run is minimal. If you go racc/ratk you end up with the best TP piece unless you need STP for an xhit setup, and the second best ws piece under hachiryu. Of course there's always the situational pieces but overall that's probably the best
 Sylph.Washburn
サーバ: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2010-08-01 12:31:12  
Barrage +1 SUCKS. If you happen to get Hunter's Bracers +1, yeah, go for it, but don't beat yourself up over it.

Barrage works like this:

It's like shooting arrows in rapid succession, so, if you shoot 8 arrows from having barrage +2, and Arrow number 4 misses, all the arrows after that will miss also. The more Barrage+ gear you have is only going to make a difference IF all arrows land. So, it would suck to pass up on RNG acc and RNG attk for ASA legs. The dmg you would be gaining between barrage attempts will more than make up for the extra arrow in barrage.

So, if you're doing ASA, Go for Ranged Accuracy +7 and Ranged Attack +7.

Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-08-01 12:31:31  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Leviathan.Noxious said:

Pahluwan Legs are better. 3 STR, 4 Racc. If you're gearing AGI over STR for WS you're playing the job wrong. If you're looking for accuracy on weapon skills, there are easier ways of getting it.

Guess how much Pahluwan Legs cost? Why you would pay 400k for an inferior piece I don't know, but whatever works for you. You can play and gear how you like, just don't tell others it's the best when it's not.

Aeyela, he said that they're the most accurate, Pahluwan are NOT more accurate than oily. Although, he/she is still wrong, AGI+5 Racc+5 is only 7.5 racc total, where as dusk+1 have 11 racc. Aside from that, scout's braccae still beat oily because they have only .5 accuracy less but have the additional benefit of enmity-2 and no movement speed reduction =z
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 12:32:24  
Fairy.Haxorking said:
Aeyela, he said that they're the most accurate, Pahluwan are NOT more accurate than oily. Although, he/she is still wrong, AGI+5 Racc+5 is only 7.5 racc total, where as dusk+1 have 11 racc. Aside from that, scout's braccae still beat oily because they have only .5 accuracy less but have the additional benefit of enmity-2 and no movement speed reduction =z

He did say they are more accurate and he is right. Pahluwan are still better.
[+]
 Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-08-01 12:40:19  
Pahluwan are much better for DD yea, but so is Hachiryu lol. Sometimes you need to pile on racc though. For example, if you're doing kirin non-zerg and don't have accuracy buffs. Though he's still wrong because dusk+1 are more accurate =z
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 12:44:42  
Fairy.Haxorking said:
Pahluwan are much better for DD yea, but so is Hachiryu lol. Sometimes you need to pile on racc though. For example, if you're doing kirin non-zerg and don't have accuracy buffs. Though he's still wrong because dusk+1 are more accurate =z

Very true, Hachiryu are the best for damage, but they are quite hard to obtain. My point was focused more on the fact he is recommending Oily, which are worse than Pahluwan, over something much easier, and cheaper (free, infact) to obtain.

It's Jet Seraweels and Errant all over agan!
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 12:53:27  
Sylph.Washburn said:
Barrage +1 SUCKS. If you happen to get Hunter's Bracers +1, yeah, go for it, but don't beat yourself up over it.

Barrage works like this:

It's like shooting arrows in rapid succession, so, if you shoot 8 arrows from having barrage +2, and Arrow number 4 misses, all the arrows after that will miss also. The more Barrage+ gear you have is only going to make a difference IF all arrows land. So, it would suck to pass up on RNG acc and RNG attk for ASA legs. The dmg you would be gaining between barrage attempts will more than make up for the extra arrow in barrage.

So, if you're doing ASA, Go for Ranged Accuracy +7 and Ranged Attack +7.

From my understanding 66% > 0%. How does Barrage +1 suck? If you have not got Skadis, sure, perhaps you're better off getting the Skadi-esque ASA legs. But if you do have Skadi's (or gil, in which case, Gules +1), there isn't really an excuse that justifies not getting the Barrage +1.
[+]
 Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-08-01 13:01:41  
Skadi Legs are only racc+4 ratk+5, if you're not using them for an xhit build then STP means nothing. ASA legs would have Racc+7 Ratk+7 Agi+2 which is obviously better than the skadi. The damage over time from the pants is going to do a lot more than the 66% chance of 1 extra hit every 5 minutes (If you use barrage exactly every 5 minutes) and that's with capped accuracy only, anything below capped is next to 0% chance. Overall you're going to get more out of the racc ratk pants
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lileana
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-08-01 13:09:29  
If you have Skadi you would be much better going racc/barrage+1 for ASA and using that instead of AF+1 hands.
Useing Blood/crimson in hand slot will be much better results for barrage then any legs you can equip.
First Page 2