Is There A Cap For Bar-spell ?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Is there a cap for bar-spell ?
Is there a cap for bar-spell ?
 Bismarck.Gael
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-07-30 06:24:10  
Hi guys ^^

Since few level, i'm capped at 130 in elemental resistance, with this gear :

I already had 130 before i get my Merciful Cape, and before i get few enhancing level up.

I'm still not capped (missing 10 level) but from formula :

40 + 0.2 X 306 (with /sch) = 101.2

With Cleric's Pantaloons, 101.2 + 20 = 121.2
With 5/5 merit 121.2 + 10 = 131.2

So in theory 131 but i have 130. I'm missing/misunderstanding something ? or there is a cap ?

Thanks ;)
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-30 06:48:21  
There maybe a cap, there could also be a rounding error/flooring/truncating stage that is causing it.

try again when you predicted is 135+ and see what happens
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-07-30 10:25:40  
I cant test it myself, cause you need 325 enhancing skill to have (in theory) 135, so need 5+/8 enhancing skill and i already used my magic merits with enfeebling and elemental magics.

But well i can hit 316 if i can cap me (it's a bit hard, only 0.2 per besieged >_<) and see if i can break the 130 (133 in theory)

The best is to have someone with merit in enhancing who is capped lev 80 ^^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-30 10:41:52  
Enhancing magic's effects on barspell's caps at 300 skill and gives you 100 resistance. Whms have methods to break the 300 cap. With my rdm 300 skill gives the same as 330 skill.

Interestingly 300 enhancing is also the cap for phalanx which reduces damage by 28.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-30 11:33:19  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Bismarck.Gael said:
I cant test it myself, cause you need 325 enhancing skill to have (in theory) 135, so need 5+/8 enhancing skill and i already used my magic merits with enfeebling and elemental magics.

But well i can hit 316 if i can cap me (it's a bit hard, only 0.2 per besieged >_<) and see if i can break the 130 (133 in theory)

The best is to have someone with merit in enhancing who is capped lev 80 ^^
Even spamming protect I on generals gives you that little these days? eeep but all whm merited spells are enhancing magic, I really think SE should bump us up a tier or two in skill > <

When skilling up, and I've noticed this in practically all kinds of skill ups, I tend to notice a large increase in skill ups when you change up what you are doing. Spamming a single spell such as protect gains decreasing returns the longer you do it but if you shift the type of enhancing spells you cast such as tossing in some bar spells, a higher tier spell or even switching the type of magic you cast you will usually see an increase in the amount of skill ups you see. This is been the case with skilling in besieged for me, back when I was capping elemental skill I would chainspell 5+ times and spam blizzard 3 and I started getting really bad skill ups. After a while I started switching it up and found myself getting far more.

This is all eyeballed, I have no real data but from my experience spamming is better when you switch it up.

Additionally, you can just make a script macro if you use windower and spam while your semi afk.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-07-30 13:31:00  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Even spamming protect I on generals gives you that little these days? eeep but all whm merited spells are enhancing magic, I really think SE should bump us up a tier or two in skill > <

Ya... i'm spaming protect 1 and shell 1 on a general but skill up is slow and there is always a mofo to cast protect 5 and shell 5 on it...

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Enhancing magic's effects on barspell's caps at 300 skill and gives you 100 resistance. Whms have methods to break the 300 cap. With my rdm 300 skill gives the same as 330 skill.

Interestingly 300 enhancing is also the cap for phalanx which reduces damage by 28.

That makes sens for me but i'm a bit sad if its true. Atm we can see who is good and who sucks in a job (like many whm give only 75ish instead 130 in elemental resist). In few level, without any gear every body will have the same potency...
At least we will save few inventory spaces \o/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-30 14:17:24  
Bismarck.Gael said:
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:

Ya... i'm spaming protect 1 and shell 1 on a general but skill up is slow and there is always a mofo to cast protect 5 and shell 5 on it...

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

That makes sens for me but i'm a bit sad if its true. Atm we can see who is good and who sucks in a job (like many whm give only 75ish instead 130 in elemental resist). In few level, without any gear every body will have the same potency...
At least we will save few inventory spaces \o/

I was seriously annoyed when I found out, but yes... I put away 5 pieces of gear and can now cap by using my rdm af legs and merciful cape, it's a bittersweet on the inventory cause I'd rather have the equivalent potency. Having had every piece of enhancing gear prior to this update, it was a bit annoying to find out that most of it was worthless.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-30 16:05:09  
Yeah I just casted barspell in 305 skill and only got 100 resist. Kinda pisses me off that a spell modded by enhancing skill and the job with the highest enhancing skill merited with awesome gear is still 30% lower than a job with lower skill and meh gear
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-07-30 16:17:33  
Full enhancing merits, /SCH, 271 skill without Light Arts: 130

Full enhancing merits, /SCH, 297 318 skill with Light Arts: 132.

No cape yet.

Edit: There may be a cap, or soft cap? Dunno. But a friend has capped enhancing merits and had capped enhancing gear before the update and still only got 130, exception being on lightsday with Colossus's torque at 131. The difference between our gear being I have +1 relic legs, and she has merciful cape.

Edit: I lied a little or something. Have 318 enhancing skill.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-07-30 17:06:51  
132 is because you have the AF2 +1 i guess (+22 instead +20 when you have the NQ)

Look with maths :
Without light art
271 (skill with merit) + 20 (gear) = 291
291 X 0.2 + 40 = 98.2
98.2 + 22 (AF 2 +1 legs) + 10 (merit) = 130.2

(Here you are 2 elemental resist under the cap BUT you have +2 with legs so that show you a fake capped number)

With light art
282 (skill with merit and light art) + 20 (gear) = 302
302 X 0.2 + 40 = 100.4
100.4 + 22 (AF 2 +1 legs + 10 (merit) = 132.4

Now compare this with my first message (i have 306 skill atm, and only 130 elemental resistance) : the skill itself doesnt help you, its just the AF 2 +1 legs ^^
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Yvan
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2010-09-08 12:03:18  
Should check this again today, with the version update :

"Maximum values have been increased for certain enhancing magic, dark magic, and blue magic spells whose potency is commensurate with casting skill."
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-08 12:13:26  
Bismarck.Yvan said:
Should check this again today, with the version update :

"Maximum values have been increased for certain enhancing magic, dark magic, and blue magic spells whose potency is commensurate with casting skill."

The formula should continue on as normal sans the 300 skill cap but we'll see what it does. Needless to say as a rdm with just about every enhancing piece of gear, I am quite excited to see what this changes and what the new caps are.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-09-08 15:15:00  
yep, with skill of lev 80 (gear posted in first msg) i have the good number now
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [129 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Starr
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-15 15:21:24  
sorry to necro but erm... is there any point in getting/using WHM relic legs now? Wearing Orison+2 legs alongside other +2 pieces would increase the chance for elements to hit 0 and that is better than 20 resistance right?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 15:25:05  
Well what if you don't have +2 or enough for set bonus?

Also haven't seen any mention of proc rate... but if it's like most the others it would probably only add 2%... and if that 20 resist made the difference between resisting or not it could do alot more.

So I'd say af2 if you are stacking resistance to actually resist a elements consistently af3 if you are just trying to help out some on that element
 Cerberus.Starr
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-15 15:27:52  
I guess a % proc rate would be required to compare... can assume I have 3 +2s, including legs, if anyone knows the proc rate for that. They say the THF and WAR set bonus is a tiny proc rate, like 5% 5/5, but someone was claiming PLD is 25% with 5/5.....
 Alexander.Eldelphia
サーバ: Alexander
user: eldelphia
By Alexander.Eldelphia 2011-02-11 06:04:11  
The consensus on Alla's WHM forum is that 4 pieces of +2 and the relic legs +1 will give you the best barspells. Obviously using Beneficus and all the other enhancing gear you can get.
[+]