First Page 2 3 ... 449 450 451 ... 577 578 579
By volkom 2013-02-10 22:42:15  
global taunt.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-02-10 22:50:00  
Teemo is the most killed champ in LoL. Also, he's one of the most annoying. He's a walking target just because he's Teemo. So much so, that he's been coined to have a hidden passive: global taunt.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-10 23:06:23  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
God. DAMNIT. Eugene.
It's the league of draven.

[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-10 23:16:30  
Well, a rat, with a kid voice (annoying one, too), with a gameplay that doesn't give anything to the team, with absolutely no way of being productive while having a kit that is made to annoy others.

You will be hated by your team mates and your enemies equally. Teemo is a ***stain.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-10 23:25:09  
 Cerberus.Trixta
user: trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2013-02-11 09:18:19  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Well, a rat, with a kid voice (annoying one, too), with a gameplay that doesn't give anything to the team, with absolutely no way of being productive while having a kit that is made to annoy others.

You will be hated by your team mates and your enemies equally. Teemo is a ***stain.

I think the only times I play Teemo now, after buying him, are ARAMs, and that rare match against a Nasus just to tick them off. "Oh you wanna farm your Q? BLIND!"
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-02-11 10:05:08  
"GDI Teemo and your *** shrooms!"

true story:
while playing over the weekend, we had a Teemo on our team. Shaco would roam around before/after team fights, and out of nowhere.

"An enemy has been slain"

lol
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-11 12:20:04  
Seems a fitting end from one infuriating champ to another.
 Sylph.Shinobu
サーバ: Sylph
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-11 12:58:02  
Teemo is amazing, don't listen to anyone else. The only problem with Teemo is bad Teemo players.

He does bring plenty to team fights, but only as ap. His shrooms make for an amazing baron stopper. A team running into 3 or 4 ap shrooms along the way to baron will think twice about starting him and they give you amazing vision in the right spots. An aoe slow that does a ton of dmg is great in team fights.

You just need to learn to kite hard, and time everything harder. Teemo is slow and hard to hit with skill shots not to mention hes fast as hell.

AP Teemo, if you have enough farm and are even just right along with everyone else gold wise, can drop most AD carried before they realize something is attacking them.

The thing is that I say all of this stuff but don't make Teemo your main, it is a long uphill battle with people bitching at you every time. The people wont see your ~3.5/1 k/d ratio (haven't mathed out my lol recorder games in a while) going in and negativity is great at ruining a game for you.

In short: Get a Teemo hat, it gives bonuses for Teemo players, but if the other team has a Teemo, take it off, no joke.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-11 13:14:11  
See a Teemo? Play a Yorick. Teemo is useless.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-02-11 13:23:31  
Sylph.Shinobu said: »
Teemo is amazing, don't listen to anyone else. The only problem with Teemo is bad Teemo players.

He does bring plenty to team fights, but only as ap. His shrooms make for an amazing baron stopper. A team running into 3 or 4 ap shrooms along the way to baron will think twice about starting him and they give you amazing vision in the right spots. An aoe slow that does a ton of dmg is great in team fights.

You just need to learn to kite hard, and time everything harder. Teemo is slow and hard to hit with skill shots not to mention hes fast as hell.

AP Teemo, if you have enough farm and are even just right along with everyone else gold wise, can drop most AD carried before they realize something is attacking them.

The thing is that I say all of this stuff but don't make Teemo your main, it is a long uphill battle with people bitching at you every time. The people wont see your ~3.5/1 k/d ratio (haven't mathed out my lol recorder games in a while) going in and negativity is great at ruining a game for you.

In short: Get a Teemo hat, it gives bonuses for Teemo players, but if the other team has a Teemo, take it off, no joke.
I don't even...
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-11 13:29:36  
Teemo is a low elo pubstomp champ. This is why:

1) Limited roles.
For whatever reasons, Teemo has been a crappy adc in current, and past metas. That leaves him as a top or mid. People really don't play him mid, which leaves him one effective lane. Even in soloq, a smart team could easily swap lanes and have mid versus him top if he really is supposed to counter whichever champ that hard. Against an APC his range is small enough that most APCs can at worst trade with his poison.

2) Selfish champion.
Teemo relies on getting fed to carry. He excels at this not because he does obscene amounts of damage, but because his poisons and shrooms are very good at last ticking champions. His movement speed allows him to come in and out of fights without bringing any utility. When he's fed, he does damage, but this is true for any champ.

3) Brings nothing to teamfights.
In part see 2). Most APCs have some sort of cc they can bring, or otherwise have a fair amount of aoe damage. Sometimes both. Teemo really has none. His cc is visible trap based, not a targeted slow or stun. If you're trying to disengage from a fight, all teemo can do is lay down a trap and hope the other team is bad enough to walk into it. Additionally, he's also a shorter ranged carry, which brings the factor of having to protect him in addition to your other carries.

4) Harmful to current meta.
He is a selfish champion that brings nothing to meta, and for whatever reason the only roll he is good at is top. Since top is generally bruisers, that means in order to have a solid front line, you are basically forcing jungle and support to go tanky/bruiser, with no room for switching. That eliminates a good number of support options. Also, all the reasons I listed before go into why he is bad in meta.
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-11 13:31:56  
I'm not even going to say a thing about this
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-11 13:33:06  
His shrooms make for an amazing baron stopper. A team running into 3 or 4 ap shrooms along the way to baron will think twice about starting him.
Any competent team will make sure they have the upper hand when baroning. This includes the option of pink warding/oracles.

An aoe slow that does a ton of dmg is great in team fights.
If you're close enough to drop shrooms in a teamfight you are dead.

Teemo is slow
Huh?

Teemo isn't an anticarry. That's like saying the ADC will cross the teamfight to kill the other ADC. Not going to happen unless one team is very out of position.

but don't make Teemo your main, it is a long uphill battle with people bitching at you every time.
first thing i agree with.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-11 13:33:11  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Then you realize Yorick is also useless past laning phase!

and not entirely true he works well late game with certain team mates

one being Yorick + Cass
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-11 13:34:48  
Yorick's ult > teemo's ult.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-11 13:35:51  
Let's not scare off the newbie. Teemo is fun. Oh so satisfying when a low health champ runs over one of your shrooms that do 500+ damage and dies.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-02-11 13:36:16  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Yorick's ult > teemo's ult.
Unless its Yorick ulting a Teemo...
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-11 15:17:29  
Much like a fighting game, if you want to play with Dan or El Fuerte in SFIV, you are most welcome to do so, Teemo is in the same spot. Play whatever you want bottom line, just be aware of the stigma/champ situation that's all.

Related from yesterday right after I posted about Teemo:

Found it rather funny.
 Sylph.Shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-11 16:11:07  
Sorry, meant to say Teemo is small, not slow.
 Sylph.Shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-11 16:18:22  
When it comes down to it, I don't fully disagree that normally Teemo tends to have a hard time fitting in. But so does nidalee, her spear can be devastating but a smart team can avoid it and all she has is poke, in team fights she doesn't have much reliable dmg, or needs to jump in and get pimp slapped to do dmg. She has some utility with her heal and range, but ultimately is a bad fit.

The thing is more than one person has carried themselves to 1800+ elo just in nidalee (I spent like 5 minutes looking for a specific player but I couldn't remember the name of the video where it comes up). Knowing a champion inside and out will win you the game more than which champion you play.

You as a player will make Teemo badass or crappy. Tell me nobody here has been crushed by a Teemo, I doubt anyone can say it has never happened. If it hasn't lets play some premade 5's. Hell, just play with me, I carried myself to 1500elo before season 3 officially started on Teemo. Not a huge deal but I only play ranked rarely.

I'm also 160 wins over my losses, mostly from Teemo games. Since it may be brought up, im 2 wins from my 1000th win right now
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-11 16:23:41  
I'm not particularly a nidalee fan either, mostly because she doesn't have much place in a teamfight. Her spears hurt, but not enough to make it more than a poke if you have a tank. But she has an alternative bruiser build.

Yes, good players can make bad champs carry, and bad players can make good champs feed.

Given everything I listed though, especially as you get into games with better players, teemo's weaknesses outweigh his strengths.

My wins are under my losses, occasionally because I feed or am camped or are learning a new champ, but more often than not it's because one or more lanes I play with collapse early.

Lost a 5v4 yesterday because I begged my team to push mid with no turrets and take the inhibitor but they had too much fun beating a team 5v4.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-02-11 16:27:22  
Teemo loses in 5v5, all-out-brawl. A team with a Teemo shouldn't be engaging in brawls, but tactical fights in the jungle that is chock full of land mines.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-11 16:32:41  
When it comes down to it, I don't fully disagree that normally Teemo tends to have a hard time fitting in. But so does nidalee, her spear can be devastating but a smart team can avoid it and all she has is poke, in team fights she doesn't have much reliable dmg, or needs to jump in and get pimp slapped to do dmg. She has some utility with her heal and range, but ultimately is a bad fit.

The thing is more than one person has carried themselves to 1800+ elo just in nidalee (I spent like 5 minutes looking for a specific player but I couldn't remember the name of the video where it comes up). Knowing a champion inside and out will win you the game more than which champion you play.

You as a player will make Teemo badass or crappy. Tell me nobody here has been crushed by a Teemo, I doubt anyone can say it has never happened. If it hasn't lets play some premade 5's. Hell, just play with me, I carried myself to 1500elo before season 3 officially started on Teemo. Not a huge deal but I only play ranked rarely.

I'm also 160 wins over my losses, mostly from Teemo games. Since it may be brought up, im 2 wins from my 1000th win right now

well AP nid is really only good in poke comps

while AD nid is good for split push and does do decent damage while tanking in team fights
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-11 16:48:17  
Isn't some of her cougar form's damage % based, too? Can't check right now, but her cougar form should not be underestimated, especially the conal AOE.
 Sylph.Shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-11 16:54:56  
Sorry, forgot that Teemo sucks at split pushing.
 Sylph.Shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-11 16:58:45  
Also, the point of mentioning nidalee is that a skilled nidalee played can wreck your day, even if they are just as good as you, but main nidalee. Same thing, even if you're just as good a player as I am, I can probably beat you as teemo, while you use someone you think would normally beat him (no counting ryze, because screw ryze).
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-11 17:04:52  
I doubt that. I'm confident I could beat you on a any number of champs.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-11 17:06:52  
Also, the point of mentioning nidalee is that a skilled nidalee played can wreck your day, even if they are just as good as you, but main nidalee. Same thing, even if you're just as good a player as I am, I can probably beat you as teemo, while you use someone you think would normally beat him (no counting ryze, because screw ryze).

so you're saying you can beat people in a 1v1 on a champion meant to win in laning phase

your thought process astounds me
First Page 2 3 ... 449 450 451 ... 577 578 579