I just had to record this.
 Sylph.Shinobu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-01-14 16:44:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro said: »

That is beautiful... You have to try to help that hard. You should submit that to top 5 fail plays.
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-01-14 23:41:28  
Just played my best game in a while as ezreal

Not the best score wise, but was my best game dealing with mechanics and things like that
[+]
By volkom 2013-01-15 00:03:21  
Asura.Lolserj said: »

Not the best score wise, but was my best game dealing with mechanics and things like that

good job :3
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-01-15 00:18:26  
volkom said: »
Asura.Lolserj said: »

good job :3
I've fallen in love with Ree Sin.
So strong!
So fun.
He's up there with Kat and Talon for me lately.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-01-15 00:19:31  
Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro said: »

I know that feel.
I've been that Jarvan MANY a time...
xD
Play so much Jarvan, never get helpful honor D:
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-15 00:46:37  
Ramuh.Urial said: »
Play so much Jarvan, never get helpful honor D:
I've honored your Jarvan!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-15 07:21:02  
If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

This is probably the first time I feel like I have properly carried 4 idiots. 1v2 top against Brand and Sejuani, I literally double killed them starting at level 2, it was completely one sided.

When I realized that the rest of my team was being murdered by cancer incarnate (two different kinds, mind you), I decided to visit mid/bot and simply dunked everything in sight.

Of course, it wasn't enough and our base was completely destroyed.

But then, oh surprise, Sion woke up seeing me rush like a mad man bottom to assassinate Ezreal, everyone else also thought "Oh ***, this is maybe the final rush!".

Well, it was.

Guess I'll stick to dunkers, having a very good run with Jayce since I picked him back up the other day.

Now to try this in ranked, but seeing how this match was 400elo©, I'm not too worried.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-01-15 10:47:32  
just wanted to post this in case anyone hasn't seen it

was on reddit a few days ago

Madlife is the support for Azubu Frost and is considered by some to be the best support in the world

[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2013-01-15 14:22:46  
Kiting is a skill I have yet to master, but I just bought vayne and feel its more important than ever if you have to carry you team.

I've seen vayne's 1v5 teams when there isn't CC on you even against bruisers. I'm finding it hard to reset my Q cooldown when im being chased by say garen to keep tumbling back since you need to auto attack to spend the buff before it can reset.

So what's the best way to kite? Constantly moving the mouse to the left to move and back right to attack sometimes results in a miss click and you end up running towards them. Should I shift+click to attack move? Does attack move work in such a way that if im running away left, I could attack move to the left of me and as soon as they're in range from the right I would attack them? Then I could move click again and tumble in the next 2 seconds.

Just trying to understand the finer mechanics of the game =P
 Shiva.Gansito
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-01-15 16:17:52  
hahah saw this on elohell.net
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-01-15 17:06:49  
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Kiting is a skill I have yet to master, but I just bought vayne and feel its more important than ever if you have to carry you team.

I've seen vayne's 1v5 teams when there isn't CC on you even against bruisers. I'm finding it hard to reset my Q cooldown when im being chased by say garen to keep tumbling back since you need to auto attack to spend the buff before it can reset.

So what's the best way to kite? Constantly moving the mouse to the left to move and back right to attack sometimes results in a miss click and you end up running towards them. Should I shift+click to attack move? Does attack move work in such a way that if im running away left, I could attack move to the left of me and as soon as they're in range from the right I would attack them? Then I could move click again and tumble in the next 2 seconds.

Just trying to understand the finer mechanics of the game =P

I'm still trying to figure out how to properly attack move

I normally use the whole click like mad tactic and like 60% of the time it will work and 40% of the time i'll end up in the enemy team

i know attack moving is really good to use to chase, but i still havent figured out how to use it when kiting
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-15 17:11:22  
Oshi dat season 3 update.

Looks very interesting.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2013-01-15 21:56:38  
So instead of losing or gaining elo each match for losing a game, you accumulate points that will eventually trigger a set of placement matches to attempt to move up a tier in your division.

Man that puts some pressure on those trial placement matches lol. I wonder how you fall in rank? Or will it be like call of duty where you eventually just cap out.

Or how will duo que work if they are in separate leagues.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-15 22:12:25  
And more about next patch.

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
So basicaly, it's now a copy/paste of SC2 ladder (Not that I care)
Yes.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-15 22:14:36  
So instead of losing or gaining elo each match for losing a game, you accumulate points that will eventually trigger a set of placement matches to attempt to move up a tier in your division.

Man that puts some pressure on those trial placement matches lol. I wonder how you fall in rank? Or will it be like call of duty where you eventually just cap out.

Or how will duo que work if they are in separate leagues.
You can fall in rank the same way as you fall in levels in FFXI but you cannot fall from a category.

If you reach gold and get to the highest rank, you can then fall to the lowest rank of gold but you will never be silver again, you'll be gold minimum.

Duo queue doesn't matter, you'll be matched against everyone.

I'll most likely go full ranked from now on since this system will allow me to climb back up slowly later on.

They gave more information on the forums, explaining that we'll get 15pts~ per win (not final number, though) and that the number will change based on our actual elo (which will now be hidden, but will not disappear).

You can very well be a 2400 elo Silver ranked player. A few 2000~ players expressed their intent to do so, too.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2013-01-15 22:26:16  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
You can very well be a 2400 elo Silver ranked player. A few 2000~ players expressed their intent to do so, too.

What do you mean by this? Remain silver intentionally?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-15 22:31:26  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

What do you mean by this? Remain silver intentionally?
Yes. If you win all your matches and reach the division rank up matches, you just have to lose them. Keep losing some more if needed, then win again, rinse repeat.

You can lock your own ranking this way, the same way that you can pay a guy to reach Diamond with your account then you can fail how much you want, you'll never fall below Diamond.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-15 22:45:26  
You're an idiot either way. Unless your skilled at hiding it sacking yourself at rankup will get yourself reported. Paying someone to level you to diamond will just mean you're outclassed everytime you play ranked.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2013-01-15 22:48:46  
Then why play ranked.

Also, poor kha zix lol.

Mixed feelings about jungle, I think spiritstone will be necessary on all junglers just to compete with the HP levels and keep up clear speed.

Don't like crystallize flask nerf, 53% more expensive and only 20% more hp/mp. Maybe it was too strong tho

Also I thought philo said gp5/10 already? odd
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-15 22:53:59  
Quote:
Relative to potions, and assuming you eventually sell it, Crystalline Flask pays for itself once a champion uses its 4th charge. When not taking into account mana restoration, it will pay off after the usage of its 6th charge.

Unless you can return to base twice and not have your tower take any damage, it is usually better to buy the health/mana potions. This means that supports, which have to stay in lane for a very long time (usually not going back until lvl 6+), should probably not buy this item.

Each charge is worth 37.3 gold compared to potions.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-01-15 22:55:58  
this is either going to be the most brilliant thing Riot has come up with,

or the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing Riot has come up with.

crossing my fingers for awesomeness :|
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-15 22:59:33  
It said 5 for Philo stone but it was actually 4 (they did a mistake in the formula, not the actual description).

Slap on the wrist for Kha, the worst is yet to come.

People have different reasons to play ranked, their system just helps people like this achieve what they want.

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
You're an idiot either way. Unless your skilled at hiding it sacking yourself at rankup will get yourself reported. Paying someone to level you to diamond will just mean you're outclassed everytime you play ranked.
Well ya, but it's obvious on both cases.

Some people have absolutely no problem holding their ranking between 800/1200 when they are actually above 1800 on their main account, and it's their true elo. There is a fine line when holding your ranking, you just have to find it.

As for the other case, people don't care. They get carried, they are mostly delusional "I'm at 1600, I'm obviously better than you at 1200, hahaha" and so on. Also, there are many people who pay to get carried/PL'd to a high ranking and then stop playing ranked completely.

It's all about either having lots of fun stomping people effortlessly or showing off your number, even if you don't deserve it.

Hell I'm Bronze myself, yet I haven't been in the Bronze league for quite some time now.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2013-01-16 00:26:55  
Quote:
Relative to potions, and assuming you eventually sell it, Crystalline Flask pays for itself once a champion uses its 4th charge. When not taking into account mana restoration, it will pay off after the usage of its 6th charge.

Unless you can return to base twice and not have your tower take any damage, it is usually better to buy the health/mana potions. This means that supports, which have to stay in lane for a very long time (usually not going back until lvl 6+), should probably not buy this item.

Guess I didn't think about the pay for itself aspect, how many uses now with the new price to be cost effective? It's nice for top laners who usually do a trade, push the lane when they win and back after. Seen in on other lanes too.

Supports dont need it since they can heal up with philo usually
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-01-16 00:28:02  
that riven hp regen nerf really pisses me off :<
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-16 00:48:47  
Quote:

Guess I didn't think about the pay for itself aspect, how many uses now with the new price to be cost effective? It's nice for top laners who usually do a trade, push the lane when they win and back after. Seen in on other lanes too.

Supports dont need it since they can heal up with philo usually
There is also 9 pots + ward (or 13 pots).

Literally lane until level 8/11 without any issue.

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
that riven hp regen nerf really pisses me off :<
I played her real quick after we talked, I really missed the ability to shield right after the shield wears off... I would literally fly across the map.
 Siren.Renavi
サーバ: Siren
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2013-01-16 08:59:15  
Damn, figures a new ranking system now D: I was happy just sticking around ~1200 ELO x.x
 Bahamut.Peephole
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Blev
By Bahamut.Peephole 2013-01-16 09:27:03  
so how long are the servers usually down for after an update? i'm itching to play!
First Page 2 3 ... 431 432 433 ... 577 578 579