言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » League of Legends
League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 422 423 424 ... 577 578 579
By Chicio 2013-01-09 21:15:06  

teemo is the cancer your lotus dance is no match for the laughing mushroom forest

-edit- yes im the teemo in the video. i stream and play on teamspeak if your interested. also main hecarim ezreal akali and soraka on NA server.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 21:18:52  
It's your fault for feeding him to the point he could do that.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 21:24:19  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
It's your fault for feeding him to the point he could do that.

i am that teemo lol :P i made skarner sooooooo mad that game :3
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-01-09 21:32:26  
They should make a Turbo mode >.>

everything is 2x speed.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 21:33:38  
i replayed x2-x4 slowing down at fights so people saw the near deaths and the damage XD
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 21:33:49  
Asura.Lolserj said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Quote:
but that's not how you win tournaments reliably and the game is evolving nonetheless.
It is safe because it has been played this way for a long time and hasn't been nerfed in any way (and is therefore still a powerful pick). But safety doesn't make you win as shown by Karthus vs Lee Sin not long ago, this is a perfect example of what I am explaining since the beginning.

Now, you have many other options giving similar or better results but that would involve learning them, mastering them and so on. Because of this, said similar/better options cannot hatch after some time and also won't reach their climax for a while.

If you keep playing the same thing endlessly while other people have spent the efforts and time on new, better things, you won't keep winning. But that's stating the obvious. Playing safe doesn't make you win, you need to move the risk/reward ratio in order to keep winning.

Example:

You play Katarina because she's a very solid pick, as you have been doing for a long while now. Suddenly, you fall on a pre-nerf Diana only a few weeks after her release. What happens? It's the same example as Froggen's Lee against idon'trememberwho Karthus.

That's what I'm referring to. It happened after the last tournament but people have figured out better mids than Katarina, it's as simple as that. Then, logic will tell you that in the future power creep will keep this up.

But once again, I'm merely stating the obvious.

This does not mean that Katarina is weak or whatever, she is cancer incarnate, but there are stronger cancers out there that can also be very solid picks in tournaments. That is all.

so counterpicks make a champion less tournament viable?
You can't counterpick a champion that has no real bad matchups.

Counterpick is the fact of selecting a champion that beats another. Picking a champion because it can beat everyone isn't counter picking, it's picking.

You don't pick Katarina because you'll beat the guys in front because they play X champions, you pick Katarina because whatever is in front you can play the same and achieve the same result.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 21:36:35  

Call of the sea etc.

New PBE update.
By volkom 2013-01-09 21:38:37  

you can actually
By Chicio 2013-01-09 21:39:55  
to your argument i can name 5 hardcore counter picks to katarina
(leblanc, akali, rumble, chogath, soraka -yes you just have to time your silence and heals-) what makes kat dangerous is her team fighting ability not her laning ability. if the team has map awareness and mid calls mia's wards giving vision to river at a minimum will prevent a kat from snowballing at all until laning phase is over. Every champion has mechanics that counter their fighting ability, and kat has 4 mechanics that shut her down (snares, silence, knockbacks, taunts) what ever can stop her from casting makes her useless at that point. why crowd control is very important in team compositions.
By volkom 2013-01-09 21:40:42  
Chicio said: »
(leblanc, akali, rumble, chogath, soraka -yes you just have to time your silence and heals-) what makes kat dangerous is her team fighting ability not her laning ability. if the team has map awareness and mid calls mia's wards giving vision to river at a minimum will prevent a kat from snowballing at all until laning phase is over. Every champion has mechanics that counter their fighting ability, and kat has 4 mechanics that shut her down (snares, silence, knockbacks, taunts) what ever can stop her from casting makes her useless at that point. why crowd control is very important in team compositions.
this^
and
forgot blitzcrank too.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-01-09 21:41:08  
I love playing Riven with enemy Kats.

That "Feel" when i time my stun like .1 second after she starts to ult.

LOL
 Shiva.Gansito
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-01-09 21:43:12  
i love to play against a good kat with fizz. It really is one of those match ups that can go either way depending if you're on top of your game. Really fun!
By Chicio 2013-01-09 21:43:19  
volkom said: »
this^
and
forgot blitzcrank too.

eh blitz goes mid lane? o.O
i wish i could play blitz even as support on ranked v.v
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 21:44:01  
Well part of the danger with kat is she comes in after a tf. You have to be real disciplined to hold you ability specifically for her. Granted pro players can do that, it still removes an option from a tf if you have to sit on it.
By volkom 2013-01-09 21:44:42  
this^
and
forgot blitzcrank too.

i mean as just a general champ that can shut down katarina.
grab, knockup, aoe silence. Its like everything you want against katarina in a nice golden robotic package
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 21:46:10  
Yeah kats ult isn't dangerous because of laning phase, so mid only counters don't really matter in the discussion of why she is so dangerous in meta.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 21:46:38  
what makes kat dangerous is her team fighting ability not her laning ability.
Exactly, and her passive plays a huge role. The combo passive/W/ult should be tonned down a bit.

you can actually
How do you counter pick what cannot be countered?

Making sense is important, you know.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 21:47:38  
this^
and
forgot blitzcrank too.

i mean as just a general champ that can shut down katarina.
grab, knockup, aoe silence. Its like everything you want against katarina in a nice golden robotic package

there is a reason why blitz is always banned in ranked lol....
----
considering i jungle the majority of the time as hecarim i never had that issue using my charge on her when she ults. but usually there is one other champ with any of the 4 crowd control effects that stop her casting. its really all about communication and fast execution, if my team cant then i will >.>
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 21:48:42  
there is a reason why blitz is always banned
ftfy
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 21:48:46  
considering i jungle the majority of the time as hecarim i never had that issue using my charge on her when she ults. but usually there is one other champ with any of the 4 crowd control effects that stop her casting. its really all about communication and fast execution, if my team cant then i will >.>
I usually ult her as Vi, or Q, for example, but her passive allows her to spam her W to a point where everything dies.

I have myself W'd many team fights after my ult was canceled. It's that nobrain.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 21:52:08  
you shut her down in lane farming and make her fail gank she is as harmless as a soraka with an infinity edge when the laning phase ends which is usually around 20 minutes. now if all my matchups vs kat always had good map awareness she would be just child's play.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 21:53:29  
now if all my matchups vs kat always had good map awareness she would be just child's play.
Paper is one thing, reality is another. But even on paper, Katarina doesn't need much to damage, her passive isn't something you buy.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-09 21:54:13  
IE soraka hurts. OP banana range.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 21:55:16  
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-01-09 21:55:52  
I usually ult her as Vi, or Q, for example, but her passive allows her to spam her W to a point where everything dies.

I have myself W'd many team fights after my ult was canceled. It's that nobrain.
She can only W spam IF your teammates are dying. She can't w spam without kills. It's not that hard to CC her down and blow up an ADC.
Kat survives off coming in team fights late. If you initiate against her team you have to be aware of where she is at all times.
By volkom 2013-01-09 21:56:14  
Exactly, and her passive plays a huge role. The combo passive/W/ult should be tonned down a bit.

you can actually

You probably won't find this much at your current elo but from what I've seen and in ranked teams 5v5
the counter picking is done with with team comps and the player's individual skill.
a lot of AP mids can be shutdown in lane. Its up to you and the rest of the team to stop her from roaming.
The whole game is a team effort.
Sure leblanc, kass, fizz,diana, etc can shutdown her in lane.
but your jungler, top, and duo bot need to be aware if she roams.
If she can't farm lane and if she can't get kills from roaming she just becomes useless and really easily to kill.

you ever see a roaming TF or LB destroy people? or even a lux,ahri,cass,brand?
All the AP champs can become like kat in terms of team fighting potential.

Its just up to you and YOUR TEAM to prevent their team from getting out of hand like that.
By Chicio 2013-01-09 21:57:25  
done it plenty of times in ranked in the very few circumstances i am allowed to play akali when someone else can go tanky for the team. i counter pick kat with akali she gets shadow danced to hell. it all starts with the mid laner, the mia's, jungler effectiveness, and lastly the lane's reponse that is getting ganked. and everyone should be warding in the laning phase for vision anyway.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-09 22:12:32  

you can actually

You probably won't find this much at your current elo but from what I've seen and in ranked teams 5v5
the counter picking is done with with team comps and the player's individual skill.
a lot of AP mids can be shutdown in lane. Its up to you and the rest of the team to stop her from roaming.
If she can't farm lane and if she can't get kills from roaming she just becomes useless and really easily to kill.

Its just up to you and YOUR TEAM to prevent their team from getting out of hand like that.
You realise that it has nothing to do with ELO or even playing as a team but is simple logic, right?

>Guy plays mid champ
>If he can't farm, he'll roam
>If he can farm, he'll push turret and roam
>mid champ will roam

What makes them different is their kit. Katarina's kit isn't balanced (and they are starting to realize it).

Also, unless you play against people you know everytime, you can never anticipate a player's skill. Paper is one thing "we have a killer team, we counter all of them", reality is another "we lost 9-41... how did that happen?".

About Akali countering Katarina, is it failproof? When I lane against Akali with Katarina she usually dies pretty horribly.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-01-09 22:14:38  

you can actually

You realise that it has nothing to do with ELO or even playing as a team but is simple logic, right?

>Guy plays mid champ
>If he can't farm, he'll roam
>If he can farm, he'll push turret and roam
>mid champ will roam

What makes them different is their kit. Katarina's kit isn't balanced (and they are starting to realize it).

Also, unless you play against people you know everytime, you can never anticipated a player's skill. Paper is one thing "we have a killer team, we counter all of them", reality is another "we lost 9-41... how did that happen?".

About Akali countering Katarina, is it failproof? When I lane against Akali with Katarina she usually dies pretty horribly.
Kat's kit is what makes her Kat... I think she's just fine how she is.

I mean if that logic works for Blitz it should be valid for Kat.
First Page 2 3 ... 422 423 424 ... 577 578 579